Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Death to the son who curses his parents??

No, not to you specifically. And the quote is rather poor. What I mean is, . . . regardless of the theology of "forgiveness of sins after the ressurection", . . . there was a system set up for consequences of actions, and this is one of those. Is there some scripture that voids these consequences? Jesus states "the death of the son" as a consequence. If a son is behaving this way, even after the ressurection, he isn't asking for any forgiveness. Again, just looking for scripture that states that the previously held consequences are now voided, due to the ressurection.

:waving Orion~

I am hard pressed to find a scripture where Jesus says what you have clearly and adamantly declared:
Jesus states "the death of the son" as a consequence.

I found this verse about "the death of the son" in Psalms 9:1

To the Chief Musician. To the tune of "Death of the Son." A Psalm of David. I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.

And again here in Romans 5:10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Can you give us the verse where you see this statement by Jesus please? Perhaps it is written differently, form a different version? I have looked in many of the popular versions for it. :shrug

Bonnie

Sure, sheshisown. It is when Jesus was confronted by the Pharisees because some of the disciples were breaking tradition by not washing their hands before they ate. Apparently, this tradition had to do with the belief that dirty hands invited demons onto them and if you ate with dirty hands, you would have a demon enter you that way. Jesus was explaining how they are going against God for the sake of their traditions. Then Jesus stated that God said, "Honor your father and mother", and "Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death." This is in Matthew chapter 14. I hope this helps.

When referring to what Jesus taught about family relationships we should be quick to remember how he treated and spoke to his own mother. He called her "woman" at the wedding feast of Canaan. As in, "What is that to me, woman?"

Also we must consider:
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, "Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?" And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, "Behold my mother and my brethren!" "...For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

When we speak of the Old Testament Covenant and the requirements of the Law regarding sons --again we are looking at the Torah and the fact that no man can fulfill the law save one. Jesus. It was his heavenly Father who witnessed of him, "Behold my only begotten son in whom I am well pleased."

The lawful requirements of the Old Covenant are all paid by the sacrifice of the Lamb of God on the cross. It is a foundational doctrine we speak of and not any great mystery.

Jesus was speaking to people who thought that they could compel God to return [His presence to the Temple] and establish the Kingdom by their own righteousness and for the sake of their own uprightness. They truly thought they were "on to something here" and wanted to push everybody out of the way, their high and holy way, as they proclaimed themselves to be the salvation hoped for by one and all. He spoke that way to show them they were wrong about that. Jesus was sent to the Lost Children and neither the Pharisees nor their doctrines were the answer. He was. He still is.

~Sparrowhawke

Orion said:
Then Jesus stated that God said, "Honor your father and mother", and "Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death." This is in Matthew chapter 14. I hope this helps.
Which book are you reading from that has a Matthew chapter 14 like that, it certainly isn't the Bible of the Christians...
Oh, you meant chapter 15! lol

Here Jesus is pointing out that the Pharisees' teachings that were added to the Word of God, the "Mishnah" teachings were foolish. And that even so they were not following them to the letter.

Have you read the whole chapter? 15 I mean.

Back