Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Deliverance

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blake

I was a weed-smokin', pill-snortin', liquor-slammin', dirty-speakin', lewd-livin' assured atheist getting my nose dirty any which way I knew how -- but God filled me with living waters, and of those old waters I've never thirsted again.

It was revealed to me that these habits of mine were a subconscious longing of the soul to abide with its Creator. Going from place to place, high to high, living life in a cloudy haze... I was filling my cistern with all manner of unclean things, but they never satisfied with permanence. The unclean waters would leak out from the broken pot so to speak, but when you put it in the Potter's hands, and He reveals His face to you, even for just a moment, I knew nothing could ever compare. I take that for granted sometimes, but I won't go back. There isn't even any desire left for them, the mere idea of them brings feelings of disgust and grief. It's hard to believe I ever felt otherwise. Thank you Lord. Nevertheless it is not I who lives, but Christ within me. I intend on keeping the old man dead.

yea, keep that old man in the coffin, no need to let him run around and cause problems. Thank you for sharing.

yea, keep that old man in the coffin, no need to let him run around and cause problems. Thank you for sharing.

Well, as long as it's just "Peeking" out of his box running around crazy is not good. :)

Our detours in our journey to destiny are used to get wisdom, understanding and build our character. No one is immune from these detours!
Until the time came to fulfill his dreams, the LORD tested Joseph's character. Psalm 105:19 NLT

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13 KJV

My Brother,
Continue to labor in Gods word. Take hold of Jesus yoke and continue to learn from Him while Jesus gives you rest. You are a hidden jewel God is going to reveal in due time that will not be one day overdue. I pray that God fills you will the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. In Jesus mighty name Amen.

Last edited:
My soul is in alignment with this prayer and word... grant it according to Your great and abundant mercies, my God, that I may rightfully claim any inheritance You will for me.

I was a weed-smokin', pill-snortin', liquor-slammin', dirty-speakin', lewd-livin' assured atheist getting my nose dirty any which way I knew how -- but God filled me with living waters, and of those old waters I've never thirsted again.

This is beautiful. If you feel safe enough to tell, I would love to hear more! How did you go from atheism to Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back