Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Denying Christ !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

brightfame52

Calvinism Overseer
Calvinism Overseer
Matt 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven !

So exactly what is it to deny Jesus Christ ? One of the more subtle ways we do this is by false teachings concerning Him, teachings that have it all wrong about His Person and His Work, and how He saves sinners. To get this wrong can be fatal , if this is not correct, its easily a false gospel or as Paul calls it another jesus or another gospel 2 Cor 11:4

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him

Gal 1:7-9

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

See the Gospel is Gods Testimony on how He sent His Son into the World to save sinners 1 Jn 5:10-12

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

And we can deny Christ by not believing, receiving Gods Testimony or Record of how God in Christ saves sinners, that is exactly what He has done through the Cross, and for whom He has done it, hence its called the preaching of the Cross 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Cor 2:1-2

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

If we dont know the Truth about the Cross of Christ, who Christ is, what He has done, and for whom He did it, we can easily be of those who deny Christ.

People don't believe Gods' (Christs') testimony,

Remember what I told you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they obeyed my word, they will obey yours too. But they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me. Jn.15:20-21

This world does believe his cross is foolishness, because they wouldn't allow themselves to suffer abuse (as our dear Lord did), without screaming for justice.
The mercy Jesus showed toward people who hated him is beyond the understaning of most people.

Now lets start with and consider the Person of Christ, exactly who He is, most would certainly acknowledge that He is the Son of God, which He is, but what many deny, who yet say they believe in Him, is that as the Son of God, He is God. But if we deny that He is God, we deny Christ, even though we acknowledge Him as the Son of God,

John 1:1,14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten[Son] of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 Jn 4:9

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

God acknowledges His Son as God Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Now remember what 1 Jn 5:10 records concerning the record God gives of His Son ?

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
If we say, yes Jesus is the Son of God, but not God, then we deny the record God gave of His Son, Heb 1:8

Ps 2:11-12

11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Prov 30:4-5

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

So jews of Jesus day of Ministry, knew that by Jesus claiming to be the Son of God, He was in Essence claiming to be God Jn 10:36

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
Jn 5:18

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God

So a person can say they believe the Gospel 1 Cor 15:1-4 all they want, but if they reject the Deity of Christ, that He is God, and not just the Son of God, then low and behold, they deny Christ !

Denying Christ is also when we deny anything about His Person and Work to save sinners, for His success is gauged by His fulfilling His Fathers Will in saving sinners which the Father gave Him to save, hence the Great announcement from heaven in regards to the Fathers will Matt 1:21-23

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

See how His Name Jesus indicates His success in that He shall save His People from their sins, and how that is joined with His Person being Emmanuel God with us ?

Now to deny who He is and any aspect of His saving objective, and who is to save specifically, and His success therein, is to deny Christ.

As Jesus, Emmanuel who specifically is it promised He shall save ?

Back