Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Determining who sent the two witnesses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
During the 42 months in which the two witnesses occupy Jerusalem,there will many saints persecuted and killed throughout the cities of Israel..
Their persecution starts at the arrival of the two witnesses and lasts for 42 months till the two witnesses are finally killed.

Daniel 11:33
Wise leaders will give instruction to many, but these teachers will die by fire and sword, or they will be jailed and robbed.
During these persecutions, little help will arrive, and many who join them will not be sincere.
And some of the wise will fall victim to persecution. In this way, they will be refined and cleansed and made pure until the time of the end, for the appointed time is still to come.

The entire time these two witnesses torment other people the saints will be in prison and being killed.
These saints that are being persecuted in Israel at that time are not hurting anyone nor are they tormenting anyone.They are simply telling everyone the kingdom of heaven is at hand and to repent.That is not torment.They are being killed because Jews hate Christ .Jesus even said so in the gospel.

Mathew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

But the two witnesses are killed because they kill and torment other people
The two witnesses are from Christ, that they are God's prophets. The context shows that this ability to torment through fire, preventing rain, turning water to blood, and sending plagues, is given by God, likely as judgement for the people's evil and denial of the witness of the prophets. It is also likely that the torment includes the witnessing and prophesying itself, since unbelievers hate the truth about God:

Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. (ESV)

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. (ESV)

And they hate believers who speak the truth:

Mar 13:13 And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. (ESV)

Joh 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. (ESV)

The people try to harm the witnesses because of their ministry, for which their punishment is death. These people hate the truth, they hate what the witnesses are prophesying and witnessing about, that is, Christ. To them it is a torment to hear the truth of Christ and not be able to put an end to the prophesying.

Notice that the two witnesses are never said to have done any wrong or that they don't do as Christ commands. They are also never referred to as false prophets. They are Christ's witnesses and they do just that--witness about Christ. In fact, Christ (or God) clearly states that "I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy." They have been given the authority to do all that they do, which is why they do it. That God raises them from the dead and then brings them up to heaven, is just further proof (not that it is needed) that the two witnesses have done no wrong but only what they were authorized to do.

Ultimately, the torment is sent and allowed by God for his purposes and judgement. This is no different than the locusts that are sent by God to torment those who don't have God's seal, in Rev 9:5, or the eternal torment faced by those who worship the beast and receive his mark, in Rev 14:11. God's wrath for sin and denying Christ as Saviour is severe.

Maybe someday you will be able to tell the difference between right and wrong.
This violates the ToS. Please don't make such statements.

The two witnesses are from Christ, that they are God's prophets. The context shows that this ability to torment through fire, preventing rain, turning water to blood, and sending plagues, is given by God, likely as judgement for the people's evil and denial of the witness of the prophets. It is also likely that the torment includes the witnessing and prophesying itself, since unbelievers hate the truth about God:

Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. (ESV)

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. (ESV)

Mar 13:13 And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. (ESV)

Joh 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. (ESV)

The people try to harm the witnesses because of their ministry, for which their punishment is death. These people hate the truth, they hate what the witnesses are prophesying and witnessing about, that is, Christ. To them it is a torment to hear the truth of Christ and not be able to put an end to the prophesying.

Notice that the two witnesses are never said to have done any wrong or that they don't do as Christ commands. They are also never referred to as false prophets. They are Christ's witnesses and they do just that--witness about Christ. In fact, Christ (or God) clearly states that "I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy." They have been given the authority to do all that they do, which is why they do it. That God raises them from the dead and then brings them up to heaven, is just further proof (not that it is needed) that the two witnesses have done no wrong but only what they were authorized to do.

Ultimately, the torment is sent and allowed by God for his purposes and judgement. This is no different than the locusts that are sent by God to torment those who don't have God's seal, in Rev 9:5, or the eternal torment faced by those who worship the beast and receive his mark, in Rev 14:11. God's wrath for sin and denying Christ as Saviour is severe.

Amen two represents one work .

God's unseen law of faith. . and the prophets the testimony God spoke . "Let there be" and "it was good ' You could call it the law of our faithful and True Creator. Demonstrated for three days and nights the witness of two.The unseen Holy Father working in empowering the Son of man Jesus

One thing that is lacking is it seems meaning of words have lost thier foundation intended by the author and therefore violates the warning not to add new meaning to a word. . . . it can take away the true interpretation. I would call it spirit plagiarism violating the first commandment

David in the Psalms informs us "what can the born again righteous do if mankind destroys the foundation of the living word

One word can change the authority of the author over to as commandments of men . (Deuteronomy 4:2 ) words like prophet, prophesying prophetic along with apostles. They must be defined.

In that way a prophet is simply one who declares the will of another. Many confuse the word apostle "One sent as with a message from God not seen. No different than my wife sending me with a written list (no extras) LOL

Phrases like Apostolic Succession or Apostolic time period are exposed for what they are oral traditions of men needed to esteem one man above another.. . . .denying it is God who makes men different .

Many make certain words into some sort of religious words even knowing atheism if a religious system of beliefs .God calls that religion the fools.

And they rather than trust the living abiding word (sola scriptura) they venerate thier dying flesh in a hope they had a better understanding than any other born again child of God

As you first mentioned as it seems .the power of the unseen word ( The context shows that this ability to torment through fire, preventing rain, turning water to blood, and sending plagues,)

Luke 8:25 And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

The two witness is prophecy (sola scriptura) it is not literal mankind kind reincarnated .God send his messages

Remember no signs using dying Jewish flesh was given .The first century reformation had come the shadows disappeared. Jesus declared it is a evil generation of non believers that do seek after the temporal things of flesh of dying mankind . What the eyes see.

Amos 8:11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:

God will send a famine for hearing his word called killing the two witnesses (the law and the prophets) Represented by Moses the lawgiver and Elias the testimony of the law. . prophets (let there be and it was good)

Revelation 11:7-9King James Version And when they shall have finished their testimony (Gods living word) , the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them(Gods living word).And their dead bodies(Gods living word) shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies (God's living word)three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

We walk by faith the unseen eternal things of God not after the dead corruptible what the eyes see (Dust).

The fact that these two christians kill and torment other people in Jesus names says all that needs to be said.
The two witnesses will rule over many for 1260 days .

Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

The fact that these two christians kill and torment other people in Jesus names says all that needs to be said.
In the Bible, does God ever command anyone or any people group to kill others as his punishment for sin?

Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
What is this and what does it mean?

Two Christians are used to signify the word of God prophecy . The (1) "let there be" law of faith and (2) it was good
Two witness as one power Christ's labor of love also called a work of his faith (again "Let there be" )

It will be silenced (killed) when God sends a famine for hearing the gospel. God empowering mankind to be born again from above

Two is the witness one God spoke the law of faith

Revelation 11:1-5King James Version And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. And if any man will hurt them, fire (prophecy the letter of the law death ) proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed

Revelation 11;6-8 These (prophecy) have power to shut heaven, that it rain not (no gospel) in the days of their prophecy: and have (God's living word ) power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they wil l (prophecy) .And when they (law and prophets sola scriptura) shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them,(word of God ) and shall overcome them,(word of God ) and kill them. And their dead bodies (used to signify the word of God) shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

I've been told a couple of times in the last week that God sends the two witnesses in revelation 11.
Now this must be wrong because Jesus said that God sent his Son last.Last of all God sent his Son .Now either Jesus is wrong or a couple people on this board are wrong.Here is where Jesus said God sent his Son last.
That's assuming he was talking about his son, which he probably was, but Jesus was last, because the Second coming :)

In the Bible, does God ever command anyone or any people group to kill others as his punishment for sin?

I wonder what he view on the prophecy on the Lord coming with His Saints to Judge the Nations is .

Jude 14,15

The two christians that come in Jesus name don't kill other people because they sinned.They kill anyone who tries to harm them.
As for persecuting others as they fo,Jesus did not tell them to do that.But they do it anyways.

This is who's armed forces occupy Jerusalem for 42 months.They arrive the same time the two witnesses do .The two witnesses are most likely the commanders of the armed forces occupying Jerusalem those 42 months.

Back