Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Detroit may make national news BLM protest

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

stovebolts

It's 7:30 EST at the time of this post.
If you can, watch it unfold live.

5th of July Detroit had a mass shooting where 8 were shot and 3 killed. Police got a tip on a convicted felon with a federal warrant for his arrest. They picked him up this morning and his buddy pulled a gun and fired a shot at police from 3 feet before police fired back and killed the man. The man got off four rounds in 5 seconds.

Of course, the man was black. BLM is claiming the man was unarmed. Police body cams show differently. Police are teleasing the footage.

BLM are marching to the 12'th precent now. The protests have already turned violent and we're dispersed by teargas.

Reactions: JLB
They had a mild confrontation at station 12 and the police shot teargas when it started to get violent. The mob brought fans and blew the teargas back on the police.
The police chief blasted the footage of the shooting across every news media and social media to dispell the lies BLM and Antifa were spreading. Once the truth came out, the whole thing fizzled.

I've lost my respect for the leaders of BLM. They had a good cause to begin with, but it seems to me their leadership just wants violence. I could be wrong about this, but it's the thought that forming in my head.

They had a mild confrontation at station 12 and the police shot teargas when it started to get violent. The mob brought fans and blew the teargas back on the police.
The police chief blasted the footage of the shooting across every news media and social media to dispell the lies BLM and Antifa were spreading. Once the truth came out, the whole thing fizzled.

I've lost my respect for the leaders of BLM. They had a good cause to begin with, but it seems to me their leadership just wants violence. I could be wrong about this, but it's the thought that forming in my head.
The thing about BLM that has been troubling me is that, as you say, when it first began a few years ago, it was to bring attention to the racial inequality that continues to be a problem. And that was a good cause but now, from what I've been seeing, it is fast becoming just another racial group that is feeding the racial divide. I find myself wondering, if it's all about challenging racial adversity, why do they call attention to race in their name?

The thing about BLM that has been troubling me is that, as you say, when it first began a few years ago, it was to bring attention to the racial inequality that continues to be a problem. And that was a good cause but now, from what I've been seeing, it is fast becoming just another racial group that is feeding the racial divide. I find myself wondering, if it's all about challenging racial adversity, why do they call attention to race in their name?
I'm on the fence and not sure what I think yet.
My son went to Detroit and was part of the first peaceful protest and got shot with rubber bullets and hit with a baton. Detroit PD remembers the riots, so they were not playing around when it came to the protests. They know how toxic and violent these become and having had riots equal to Minniapolis, they shut the protests down hard and quick.. I think they were overly aggressive at first, but.... Not one riot broke out that I know of. Mess with the Detroit PD and your asking for trouble unlike Minneapolis or dare I say Seattle.

Anyway, my son went from a full supporter of BLM to flipping a 180. He said most of the protestors were anarcists and in his words, they just want to tear things down.

He said most of the protestors were anarcists and in his words, they just want to tear things down

I heard years ago that the anarchists infiltrate any protests just to stir things up and cause trouble.

Also, when we had the looting here in Los Angeles several weeks ago....besides looting, they were setting fires inside of the looted shops. Sounds like more than just looters.

Plus the shops had just reopened due to Covid-19!

I don't know much about BLM. But the takeover of Bernie Sanders speech in Seattle 2015 was disappointing I feel. Made them look like they would do whatever it takes to achieve their goals. Aggressive . MLK was about unity not division.

I heard years ago that the anarchists infiltrate any protests just to stir things up and cause trouble.

Also, when we had the looting here in Los Angeles several weeks ago....besides looting, they were setting fires inside of the looted shops. Sounds like more than just looters.

Plus the shops had just reopened due to Covid-19!
I think you heard right. My son was really upset at getting shot and beat when they were being peaceful. But he has come to understand why Detroit put a nip to this in the early moments of the protests.

That makes me angry that these anarchists just destroy others property the way they do.

I don't know much about BLM. But the takeover of Bernie Sanders speech in Seattle 2015 was disappointing I feel. Made them look like they would do whatever it takes to achieve their goals. Aggressive . MLK was about unity not division.
Seattle is a different beast all together. I grew up in Spokane so I feel like I've got a right to speak about the State.
I've lived all over the country and Seattle is one of the most liberal, non-racists cities in the country so it surprised me BLM took over a good chunk of the Capitol Hill district. I've heard you say you've got some hippie in you, well, this new breed of hippie is really messed up, and that's what we saw in Seattle meshed in with BLM.

But yeah, I don't think MLK would support what's happening in this country with all the destructive riots.

Seattle is a different beast all together. I grew up in Spokane so I feel like I've got a right to speak about the State.
I've lived all over the country and Seattle is one of the most liberal, non-racists cities in the country so it surprised me BLM took over a good chunk of the Capitol Hill district. I've heard you say you've got some hippie in you, well, this new breed of hippie is really messed up, and that's what we saw in Seattle meshed in with BLM.

But yeah, I don't think MLK would support what's happening in this country with all the destructive riots.
Oh I know western Washington and recall the rivalry between the west and east there.two different cultures .

Loved my time at ft.lewis ,but I couldn't digest that liberalism that is there now.seeds of it were there then but in tiny,minority .

I'm a conservative hippie.

Back