Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Devotional: Building a Leader: The Right Results (Peter)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

electedbyhim

Elected by Him
Calvinism Overseer
May 10

Building a Leader: The Right Results (Peter)​

The twelve apostles included "Simon, who is called Peter" (Matt. 10:2).​

God knows how to get results.

God makes leaders by taking people with the right raw material, putting them through the right experiences, and teaching them the right lessons. That's how he trained Peter, and the results were astonishing. In the first twelve chapters of Acts we see Peter initiating the move to replace Judas with Matthias, preaching powerfully on the Day of Pentecost, healing a lame man, standing up to the Jewish authorities, confronting Ananias and Sapphira, dealing with Simon the magician, healing Aeneas, raising Dorcas from the dead, and taking the gospel to the Gentiles. In addition, he wrote two epistles that pass on to us all the lessons he learned from Jesus. What a leader!

Peter was as much a model of spiritual leadership in death as he was in life. Jesus told him he would be crucified for God's glory, and early church tradition tells us that Peter was in fact crucified. But before putting him to death, his executioners forced him to watch the crucifixion of his wife. As he stood at the foot of her cross, he encouraged her by saying over and over, "Remember the Lord, remember the Lord." When it was time for his own crucifixion, he requested that he be crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to die as his Lord had died. His request was granted.

Just as God transformed Peter from a brash and impulsive fisherman into a powerful instrument for His glory, so He can transform everyone who is yielded to Him.

You will never be an apostle, but you can have the same depth of character and know the same joy of serving Christ that Peter knew. There's no higher calling in the world than to be an instrument of God's grace. Peter was faithful to that calling—you be faithful too!

Suggestions for Prayer
  • Praise God for the assurance that He will perfect the work He has begun in you (Phil. 1:6).
  • Ask Him to use the experiences you have today as instruments that shape you more into the image of Christ.
For Further Study

Read John 21:18-23.
  • How did Jesus describe Peter's death?
  • What was Peter's reaction to Christ's announcement?
  • What misunderstanding was generated by their conversation?

From Drawing Near by John MacArthur

How timely.
Someone I know is having a difficult time with his "mission ",,,,,not sure what to call it.

I told him it must not be his mission.
He heard the wrong message from God.
He has to get a different mission.

How timely.
Someone I know is having a difficult time with his "mission ",,,,,not sure what to call it.

I told him it must not be his mission.
He heard the wrong message from God.
He has to get a different mission.
I was just listening to a sermon yesterday about Christians who think (feel) they are called by the Holy Spirit for a certain calling (gift), but they are really not.

I was just listening to a sermon yesterday about Christians who think (feel) they are called by the Holy Spirit for a certain calling (gift), but they are really not.
This goes to the whole discussion of how we can know it's really God and not our own wish/desire.

Well, sooner or later we find out!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back