Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did Christ take upon Himself our sin nature?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

golfjack

I believe we have touched on this before. I will start with a question: Did Christ take upon Himself our sin nature, the nature of spiritual death, that we might have Eternal life?

May God bless, Golfjack

That is exactly what He did.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

golfjack said:
I believe we have touched on this before. I will start with a question: Did Christ take upon Himself our sin nature, the nature of spiritual death, that we might have Eternal life?

May God bless, Golfjack

Christ took on the human nature that God created when He made man - not the fallen and sinful nature of a son of Adam. That is why Paul calls Christ the "second Adam". Jesus Christ is man fully realized.

Regards

fran,

THAT makes sense. Now, was the FIRST 'man' Adam; God?

MEC

golfjack said:

Death in the Bible is always pictured as a separation between two things.
Physical death, spirit for body - Eccl 12:7 then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
James 2:26 as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Spiritual death, spirit from God - Isa 59:1-2 But your iniquities have separated you between and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Jesus died physically & spiritually on the cross:
Jesus died spiritually when He cried, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? Which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
He was separated from God which is spiritual death.
Jesus died physically when He cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. Mat 27:50, Luk 23:46, John 19:30.

The "sin nature is another subject that I would get into later, of which I will say, neither we or Jesus recieved a sin nature.
However, Jesus did have as real flesh as you & I, that is sinful flesh.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the form of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
&
Philip 2:7-8 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The way that we might have Eternal life is to know Jesus John 17:3
We were reconciled to God by the death of his Son Jesus Romans 5:10
Therefore it was both spiritual death and physical death.

Diolectic said:
Death in the Bible is always pictured as a separation between two things.
Physical death, spirit for body - Eccl 12:7 then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
James 2:26 as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Spiritual death, spirit from God - Isa 59:1-2 But your iniquities have separated you between and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Jesus died physically & spiritually on the cross:
Jesus died spiritually when He cried, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? Which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Watch out now, you start talking like that and there will be those that will ACCUSE you of NOT BEING SAVED. for what YOU have offered is that UPON the 'cross' God truly DID abandon Christ to DIE for our sins. That God was UNABLE to even LOOK upon His OWN SON once ALL the sin of the WORLD was placed upon His shoulders. And FOR THIS TO BE TRUE, then Christ could NOT have BEEN God Himself.
He was separated from God which is spiritual death.
Jesus died physically when He cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. Mat 27:50, Luk 23:46, John 19:30.

The "sin nature is another subject that I would get into later, of which I will say, neither we or Jesus received a sin nature.
However, Jesus did have as real flesh as you & I, that is sinful flesh.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the form of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
&
Philip 2:7-8 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The way that we might have Eternal life is to know Jesus John 17:3
We were reconciled to God by the death of his Son Jesus Romans 5:10
Therefore it was both spiritual death and physical death.

YEP, you're treadin' on thin ice here MY FRIEND. Eternal LIFE is to KNOW Jesus?

We were reconciled TO God by the death of HIS SON?

Man, that sounds like 'truth' and there will be NONE Of that here, (he he he).

No, I appreciate your comments of 'understanding'. My comments are NOT to be taken seriously. For I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN OFFERED HERE. And from MY perspective, you have offered UTTER TRUTH.

Blessings brother,

MEC

golfjack,

believe we have touched on this before. I will start with a question: Did Christ take upon Himself our sin nature, the nature of spiritual death, that we might have Eternal life?

Your terms are confusing, probably because you may be defining or using them differently.
We don't have a sin nature. We have a fallen nature which sins. It is our mortal nature which is the cause of our sinning. Thus this sin is a spiritual separation from God. It is our mortal nature that precluded man from ever having an eternal spiritual union with God.
Christ did not take on a spiritual nature.
Christ became man is all respects, save sin. Thus Christ assumed our fallen natures. A nature capable of death so He could die and be raised. By so doing also raised our mortal bodies to immortality.
As in Adam death came to all men, so also in Christ life came to all men. This is why Christ is the Second Adam. He reversed the first Adam.

Imagican said:
Watch out now, you start talking like that and there will be those that will ACCUSE you of NOT BEING SAVED. for what YOU have offered is that UPON the 'cross' God truly DID abandon Christ to DIE for our sins. That God was UNABLE to even LOOK upon His OWN SON once ALL the sin of the WORLD was placed upon His shoulders. And FOR THIS TO BE TRUE, then Christ could NOT have BEEN God Himself.
MEC
Jesus said, "why have you FORSAKEN ME", not why have you stoped looking upon me.
This was abandonment.

Thanx for your coments too!

Back