Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did the early church fathers believe in the papacy in the 1st century or did it develop?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The papacy is a distinct doctrine of the Catholic Church and is rejected by both protestants and Orthodox christians, but did any of the early church fathers Fromm the 1st century affirm the papacy or that the bishop of Rome had primacy? (I know the word papacy didn't come along until a lot later on)

This really is the offensive term isn't it?

is rejected by both protestants and Orthodox christians

But who else rejects it?

Who committed the first sin?

What was it?

It was the devil who cast off Gods

I just love this movie, it breaks it down very simply

the devil did not want to be a salve to his creator, neither do those in the eastern church or protestant want to be subject to any hierarchy

But, what was the great faith Jesus had seen in Israel?

it was of a man who understood delegation of authority

(I know the word papacy didn't come along until a lot later on)

Pope is attributed here back to 250, it may be earlier that's just one source

Applied to bishops of Asia Minor and taken as a title by the Bishop of Alexandria c. 250

Papacy merely comes from Late Latin papa "pope"

Back