Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Do we miss something when one reads the Bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Rather a believer or just one who has casually read the Bible?
We read the stories, but do we totally forget that it is God doing all the works to bring His will to fruition in the lives of His people (who so ever will seek, trust, love and believe in and follow)?
When Joseph was hated of his brothers, it was by God’s will, When they sold him into slavery, it was God making it happen for His purpose, When Potifer’s wife falsely accused him, She was working through the will of God, for she had a heart to do so.
When Joseph foretold of the dreams, it was God who not only brought the dreams, but gave Joseph the meaning. He did this not to exalt the man, but in order to exalt Himself/God (Sovereignty) up in Pharaoh‘s eyes, and to set Joseph UP in stature, so the house of Jacob would be spared.
God is always in the midst of our life when we willingly seek Him to be. And He will move one(s) out of the way for you, or bring others to you, bring calamity at times to chastise us for our good so He can to turn our ashes into glory and to bring us to HIS place of destination for our lives.
I have experienced several things that seemed like a curse and I fought against them, but were actually a blessing God had for me. So I am learning to not be moved by disappointments and rejoice and praise Him no matter what comes. For God’s ways are higher than ours and I know that He is in control and will bring good out of it for me IF I don’t get discouraged, but just rest and trust. Worry is not of God, for it says we can’t and won’t trust Him. He will not prove Himself when we walk in doubt.
But the important thing and purpose of my OP, is that we begin to see that it is not about the works of the people in the Bible that are so important, but the One who is making it happen for those He loves and who trust in Him, and that it isn’t of our own hand, but the Hand of God that the Bible is trying to make us see and Exalt. Not Moses, not Joseph, not Isaiah, no man with the exception of Christ The Son of God who is On(literally IS) the Right hand of God, for He is “The Word” whom God creates all things and makes all things possible and is our life.
Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. KJV

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

KJV

When we get up each day and ask Him to work His wisdom into our hearts, and call upon Him for help & to bring His will to pass in our life, we don’t then begin to try and make it happen, we just go along for the ride and complain Not at what ever is set before us, for we have asked God to take control. Just rest in Him no matter the situation, seek to hear from Him what to say or do in it according to His Word, and stand firm on His Word you heard. And in everything you do, do in integrity as for the Word’s sake, leaning upon him to give you the victory in our good fight of faith.

I also want to say, It was God who brought the plagues which are His mighty works, against the ungodly of Pharaoh and his people whom held His people captive. So who do you think is doing the plagues we are seeing today? Are we recognizing our God, and standing in faith, or are we blaming the weather conditions as of the devil or as just global warming, instead of the mighty Works of God as well as all that is coming to pass being by His Hand? When do we see God in scripture, exault the devil as being mighty enough to do such things, without His approval?

Last edited:
Rather a believer or just one who has casually read the Bible?
We read the stories, but do we totally forget that it is God doing all the works to bring His will to fruition in the lives of His people (who so ever will seek, trust, love and believe in and follow)?
When Joseph was hated of his brothers, it was by God’s will, When they sold him into slavery, it was God making it happen for His purpose, When Potifer’s wife falsely accused him, She was working through the will of God, for she had a heart to do so.
When Joseph foretold of the dreams, it was God who not only brought the dreams, but gave Joseph the meaning. He did this not to exalt the man, but in order to exalt Himself/God (Sovereignty) up in Pharaoh‘s eyes, and to set Joseph UP in stature, so the house of Jacob would be spared.
God is always in the midst of our life when we willingly seek Him to be. And He will move one(s) out of the way for you, or bring others to you, bring calamity at times to chastise us for our good so He can to turn our ashes into glory and to bring us to HIS place of destination for our lives.
I have experienced several things that seemed like a curse and I fought against them, but were actually a blessing God had for me. So I am learning to not be moved by disappointments and rejoice and praise Him no matter what comes. For God’s ways are higher than ours and I know that He is in control and will bring good out of it for me IF I don’t get discouraged, but just rest and trust. Worry is not of God, for it says we can’t and won’t trust Him. He will not prove Himself when we walk in doubt.
But the important thing and purpose of my OP, is that we begin to see that it is not about the works of the people in the Bible that are so important, but the One who is making it happen for those He loves and who trust in Him, and that it isn’t of our own hand, but the Hand of God that the Bible is trying to make us see and Exalt. Not Moses, not Joseph, not Isaiah, no man with the exception of Christ The Son of God who is On(literally IS) the Right hand of God, for He is “The Word” whom God creates all things and makes all things possible and is our life.
Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. KJV

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

KJV

When we get up each day and ask Him to work His wisdom into our hearts, and call upon Him for help & to bring His will to pass in our life, we don’t then begin to try and make it happen, we just go along for the ride and complain Not at what ever is set before us, for we have asked God to take control. Just rest in Him no matter the situation, seek to hear from Him what to say or do in it according to His Word, and stand firm on His Word you heard. And in everything you do, do in integrity as for the Word’s sake, leaning upon him to give you the victory in our good fight of faith.

I also want to say, It was God who brought the plagues which are His mighty works, against the ungodly of Pharaoh and his people whom held His people captive. So who do you think is doing the plagues we are seeing today? Are we recognizing our God, and standing in faith, or are we blaming the weather conditions as of the devil or as just global warming, instead of the mighty Works of God as well as all that is coming to pass being by His Hand? When do we see God in scripture, exault the devil as being mighty enough to do such things, without His approval?
The above Quote is correct to my understanding in the scriptures, but our Lord has everything under control. Isaiah 40:31, John 15:7,8.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back