Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Do You Believe In Butterflies! Part Two

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
The man and his wife went home from the hospital for his final weeks of life.
He was a business owner and had many friends in the community.
He and his wife decided that because they loved butterflies, they would get some pods and have butterflies around until the end.
They were difficult to purchase and with great expense.
They put them in their screened in back porch.
Well, someone let the dog out and didn't shut the screen door and all the butterflies flew away.
So much for the butterflies.

Between family and friends, someone led both of them to a saving relationship with Jesus.
Their life changed overnight.
A little more time passed and Thursday night came around.
As the husband lied in bed next to his wife he said, "you know, when I die, I'm going to ask Jesus to send you a butterfly so you will know I really am in heaven with him".
The wife smiled and said, "yes dear, that would be wonderful".

Friday night came along and the man went into a coma.
Early Saturday morning he died.

Not long after daybreak on Saturday the house started filling up with family and friends.
About 10:00 am, the wife, feeling exhausted and stressed from all the activity, decided to walk out into the garden for some fresh air.

As she walked into the garden, the whole area filled up with butterflies, hundreds and hundreds of butterflies!
They stayed there all day and into the evening.
The next morning they were gone.

The woman knew where her husband was.
She knew God was real and that he kept his promises.
She rejoiced and couldn't stop telling everyone what had happened.
At the funeral service, everyone was telling the story, it was a great time.

It takes people like me and others to tell this story or else it would be lost forever.
God is real, he loves us, he answers our prayers.
Yes we do have the promise of eternal life.
Praise be to our Lord Jesus forever and ever.
Amen!

I believe. We not even scratched the surface of the power of God and what He can do.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story of our loving Lord and His answer to His children.

The pray of faith shall heal the sick. Healing that is physical is wonderful but the healing of hearts and souls is the bigger miracle of God.

How much Jesus loves us. The husband asked Him to send one butterfly, and Jesus sent hundreds.
His love is overflowing, more than we could imagine.
I love Jesus!

I believe. We not even scratched the surface of the power of God and what He can do.
I am experiencing these same circumstances at this point in my life where my daughter of 32 who is a fitness freak all her life and a devoted child of God was diagnosed with Breast and lung cancer in August 2012.She is a spinster and fortunately her boyfriend takes good care of her.She wants to get married and regardless of this setback and she is putting up a hell of a fight.

As a Parent all I can do is leave it in the hands of God .There is no medicine or quick little plaster to fix things as as was expected of us back then, when she was little.The only consilation I can offer her is Gods message Abraham regarding Sarah in Genesis 18:13-14"Why did Sarah laugh and say'Can I really have a child when I am so old?14.Is anything too hard for the Lord? "this same promise is echoed in Luke 1:36-37 where the angel Gabriel assures Mary that she will concieve as a regardless of natural impossibilities."Remember your relative Elizabeth.It is said that she cannot have children, but she herself is now six months pregnant, even though she is very old."

As in the case with Sarah God's power is once again stressed in verse 37.For there is nothing that God cannot do."
If it is the Lord's will that her dreams and wishes can come true ;then it will be so.
If the Lord wishes ;otherwise then that is how it will be. For me this is where the rubber hits the road a true test as far as belief, and faith in Christ is concerned.
The sadness me and my wife carry are the harsh realities of our short sojourn in this temporary life which we all now experience, but to be relieved to evelasting Life for all who believe in the sacrifice of God's only Son ,which is inevitable in this life where we are all dead anyway through sin ,but alive in Christ as Paul says.Romans Chapter 6:1-14 Extracts from T.E.V. Good News Bible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am experiencing these same circumstances at this point in my life where my daughter of 32 who is a fitness freak all her life and a devoted child of God was diagnosed with Breast and lung cancer in August 2012.She is a spinster and fortunately her boyfriend takes good care of her.She wants to get married and regardless of this setback and she is putting up a hell of a fight.

As a Parent all I can do is leave it in the hands of God .There is no medicine or quick little plaster to fix things as as was expected of us back then when she was little.The only consilation I can offer her is Gods message Abbraham regarding Sarah in Genesis 18:13-14"Why did Sarah laugh and say'Can I really have a child when I am so old?14.Is anything too hard for the Lord? "this same promise is echoed in Luke 1:36-37 where the angel Gabriel assures Mary that she will concieve as a regardless of natural impossibilities."Remember your realative Elizabeth.It is said that she cannot have children, but she herself is now six months pregnant, even though she is very old."

As in the case with Sarah God's power is once again stressed in verse 37.For there is nothing that God cannot do."
If it is the Lord's will that her dreams and wishes can come true ;then it will be so.
If the Lord wishes ;otherwise then that is how it will be. For me this is where the rubber hits the road a true test as far as belief, and faith in Christ is concerned.
The sadness me and my wife carry are the harsh realities of our short sojourn in this tempory life which we all now experience but to be relieved to evelasting Life for all who believe in the sacrifice of God's only Son ,which is inevitable in this life where we are all dead anyway through sin but alive in Christ as Paul says.Romans Chapter 6:1-14 Extracts from T.E.V. Good News Bible.

My dear brother Tony,

I am so very sorry for the immense sadness and pain that you and your dear wife are experiencing.
As my heart tries to cover your sorrow and helplessness, I must sadly admit that I am not able to fathom it fully.
I understand that you would like to take your beloved daughter to the right doctor who knows the correct therapy and who would redirect everything back to normal, as it was when she was your little girl. I understand that it wrenches your hearts that you did not find that doctor or any other way back to the days before her diagnosis so far.

Everything I write will even more hurt you, but I just have to tell you that I think of all three of you, and that I will pray from now on for your daughter. If I could, I would willingly exchange my health with your daughter's illness, so that she could live freely. But I think that you and your dear wife wished to be able to do that for yourself already so often.
Still it is God's will that we pray which will be done, as you wrote, "and we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

So the only thing I can do is to pray and to cry for you and with you. And to tell you how much I love your dear daughter as my sister in Christ. Please don't give up hoping for a happy ending, which is already guaranteed for your daughter as she is "a devoted child of God".

May God hear our prayer. Much love to you, Rose

Rose:
So the only thing I can do is to pray and to cry for you and with you. And to tell you how much I love your dear daughter as my sister in Christ. Please don't give up hoping for a happy ending, which is already guaranteed for your daughter as she is "a devoted child of God".

Praise God.

Tony Hyman

Remembering the Words of the Centurion. he told Jesus. Don't bother coming, you just speak the Word only and my servant shall be healed. My son was suppose to be dead of cancer, but I would have nothing to do with that. The Word of God cannot fail. When My Son got older though I told him that my faith and relationship with God is not Gonna help him. After a age, they have to believe God on their own, and speak the Word only. I have no doubt that it's not God's will to heal. I hate the devil for what he does to people, I can't wait until he gets thrown in that hole and sealed up for good.

There is nothing God cannot do, except break his own Word. Get the will of God settled concerning your daughter. Where the will of God is known, faith begins.

Listen to this about God's will to heal, see if it's right for your daughter. You can have the hard copy sent free of charge, just call them. Get filled with the Word, speak the Word only just like the Centurion ask Jesus to do.

http://www.flcbranson.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/GodsWillToHeal.xml

Stay encouraged, Physical things are temporal, and your daughters body was working fine at one time, it can just as quick go back to working fine again. Only Spiritual things are eternal, The Word is eternal. We believe the unchangeable over the fluctuating ever changing physical things.

Be blessed.

Mike.

Thank you very much Mike.Ill pass your referal on to my daughter.We find also find comfort in 2 Corinthians 1:5 "For just as the sufferings of Christ flow into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows"N.I.V.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back