Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do Your Dreams Mean Something?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We might well also get a personal sense of guidance about things also in various ways, but this is I believe quite subordinate to the complete revelation in the Christ of the Bible.

Sounds like you are giving good advice and admonition here about the 'more sure word'. It would be good for every Member here to keep that in the forefront of their minds and hearts (self included) especially as we (I) enter into debate. I'm not sure how to truly enact Peace into my heart but I am sure that it is the Lords intent for me to do so. "My peace I give to you..." and, "Not as the world gives..."

That is one of those 'whatsoever things'. You know: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Sparrowhawke:

Thanks for your post; I would identify strongly with its essential content.

Blessings.

It would be good for every Member here to keep that in the forefront of their minds and hearts (self included) especially as we (I) enter into debate
As stated earlier, I have no interest in debate. If others here want to debate amongst themselves they are certainly more than welcome however.

hey guys i see were talking about the dreams and i know the reasoning behind the dreams for quite some time, but i'll begin to explain them. it's actually quite twisted and like a "wow factor"

So for my first dream, i was around 11 years old and i had this dream i would say at least once a month.

So it was me and my mom at the time (RIP) and in my dream we we're living in a desert. it was like a cabin though in the middle of the desert, and it was just us, just sand on the ground and blazing sun during the day and even the night.. kinda weird right? but anywho, so i remember from this particular area of the house, we were standing in the kitchen and there was a small hallway to go to the back door to go outside. So we're standing in the kitchen and i remember me and my mom talking and she was tired and walking into another room getting ready for bed. I say gnight, i love you etc. when she closes the door there is a knock coming from the back door. my first instinct isn't fear or anything like that, but to walk back there and see who can possibly be knocking in this humanless place besides me and my mom?.

So i go back there and i go "who is it?" no answer... but still knocking.. so i walk away and the knocks get louder so i go back to the door, and "who is it?" nothing.. I walk away again for the third time and i came back to the door after the knocking gets louder and louder, so instead of asking who is it, i go attempt to lock the hatch of the door, all of a sudden the lock turns back to unlock the door and someone is slamming the door open and closed, i'm fighting the person on the other side to close the door but there fighting me and winning at the time. eventually when the door is slammed open, i feel this dark feeling but no one is there as i didn't get a glimpse and i wake up.

So about 10 months later i have this same dream again, and i prepared for it previously before going to sleep, i was going to manipulate my own dream so i can fight this feeling as it was scary. so same thing, the knocking and i know what to expect in my dream so for some reason i was getting ready for this evil to open the door and fight me again, so i smile and i grab the door knob, and out of anger, i slam the door open my self and i yell "GET AWAY FROM ME NOW YOU WILL NOT BOTHER ME ANY LONGER"

the door opens, and nothing is there, nothing is fighting me anymore, nothing is bothering me anymore, and the sun just shines at the house, and the dream is over, and this dream never occured again..

Now the 2nd dream i've had for years, and to this day i still have it and i am unable to manipulate this dream for some reason.... i try to manipulate it, but for some apparent reason i can't, however since i have come closer to the lord, the dream has been very rare to occure. but here it goes.

So it would take place in random places, a city, a ranch, country side, etc. So i would be walking sometimes by my self, sometimes with a son (at the time i didn't have a son). and i would have a group of people i knew sometimes, and sometimes random people, or sometimes even by my self. And i would walk and there would be no one near by.. NO ONE. like if the earth was empty and i was the only one. However someone from my group would scream and be murdered on the spot, but dark shadows or hideous creatures that looked human. so my first instinct would be to run, and try to find shelter or cover. I wasn't able to do anything else in my dream but this, but i would either lock my self and some people i could, or by my self, in a ranch, in a skyskraper building, a castle, wherever my dream took place for some reason. And i would lock the front door, and there would be peace for a quite moment, however there was this scary sound, like i couldn't even begin to explain and the door would start opening again. So we or my self would run to the back of the house, or to the top of the giant buildings, or even to the top of the castle. And when i go to the top or the back , i would look out a window, we would be in peace for a little while, and i rememeber seeing darkness. burning cities, decayed plants and decayed everything. Eventually it would either be just me, me and my son, or me and my son and my best friend, or even with the girlfriend. And the evil creatures/shadows would finally go to where we are and break in, and i would remember feeling this type of strength at the end of this dream or even fear as we we're hiding. When the door finally broke open, i would wake up from my dream in panic or fright.

It felt so real to the point i didn't even know if that was reality or not, i woke up ready to fight, grabbing my sword i keep to the side of my bed and walk around my house to see if anyone is trying to harm me.

Ever since i moved into my new house, i think i have had this dream once and that was it.

Just thought i'd share this with everyone. and to be commented.

hey guys i see were talking about the dreams and i know the reasoning behind the dreams for quite some time, but i'll begin to explain them. it's actually quite twisted and like a "wow factor"

So for my first dream, i was around 11 years old and i had this dream i would say at least once a month.

So it was me and my mom at the time (RIP) and in my dream we we're living in a desert. it was like a cabin though in the middle of the desert, and it was just us, just sand on the ground and blazing sun during the day and even the night.. kinda weird right? but anywho, so i remember from this particular area of the house, we were standing in the kitchen and there was a small hallway to go to the back door to go outside. So we're standing in the kitchen and i remember me and my mom talking and she was tired and walking into another room getting ready for bed. I say gnight, i love you etc. when she closes the door there is a knock coming from the back door. my first instinct isn't fear or anything like that, but to walk back there and see who can possibly be knocking in this humanless place besides me and my mom?.

So i go back there and i go "who is it?" no answer... but still knocking.. so i walk away and the knocks get louder so i go back to the door, and "who is it?" nothing.. I walk away again for the third time and i came back to the door after the knocking gets louder and louder, so instead of asking who is it, i go attempt to lock the hatch of the door, all of a sudden the lock turns back to unlock the door and someone is slamming the door open and closed, i'm fighting the person on the other side to close the door but there fighting me and winning at the time. eventually when the door is slammed open, i feel this dark feeling but no one is there as i didn't get a glimpse and i wake up.

So about 10 months later i have this same dream again, and i prepared for it previously before going to sleep, i was going to manipulate my own dream so i can fight this feeling as it was scary. so same thing, the knocking and i know what to expect in my dream so for some reason i was getting ready for this evil to open the door and fight me again, so i smile and i grab the door knob, and out of anger, i slam the door open my self and i yell "GET AWAY FROM ME NOW YOU WILL NOT BOTHER ME ANY LONGER"

the door opens, and nothing is there, nothing is fighting me anymore, nothing is bothering me anymore, and the sun just shines at the house, and the dream is over, and this dream never occured again..

Now the 2nd dream i've had for years, and to this day i still have it and i am unable to manipulate this dream for some reason.... i try to manipulate it, but for some apparent reason i can't, however since i have come closer to the lord, the dream has been very rare to occure. but here it goes.

So it would take place in random places, a city, a ranch, country side, etc. So i would be walking sometimes by my self, sometimes with a son (at the time i didn't have a son). and i would have a group of people i knew sometimes, and sometimes random people, or sometimes even by my self. And i would walk and there would be no one near by.. NO ONE. like if the earth was empty and i was the only one. However someone from my group would scream and be murdered on the spot, but dark shadows or hideous creatures that looked human. so my first instinct would be to run, and try to find shelter or cover. I wasn't able to do anything else in my dream but this, but i would either lock my self and some people i could, or by my self, in a ranch, in a skyskraper building, a castle, wherever my dream took place for some reason. And i would lock the front door, and there would be peace for a quite moment, however there was this scary sound, like i couldn't even begin to explain and the door would start opening again. So we or my self would run to the back of the house, or to the top of the giant buildings, or even to the top of the castle. And when i go to the top or the back , i would look out a window, we would be in peace for a little while, and i rememeber seeing darkness. burning cities, decayed plants and decayed everything. Eventually it would either be just me, me and my son, or me and my son and my best friend, or even with the girlfriend. And the evil creatures/shadows would finally go to where we are and break in, and i would remember feeling this type of strength at the end of this dream or even fear as we we're hiding. When the door finally broke open, i would wake up from my dream in panic or fright.

It felt so real to the point i didn't even know if that was reality or not, i woke up ready to fight, grabbing my sword i keep to the side of my bed and walk around my house to see if anyone is trying to harm me.

Ever since i moved into my new house, i think i have had this dream once and that was it.

The first dream seems to be a soulish dream, meaning it relates to your own free-will. It was about you and your mothers salvation and the enemies attempts to destroy you and her.
Thus you have a certain amount of power according to your own will.
The second dream is a spiritual battle in which you must have Christ in order to overcome.
It sounds to me if the dreams are but a picture of the battle for your soul and spirit?
This are my opinions based upon the limits of what i see in your post. May Christ grant you the Spirit of wisdom.

The first dream seems to be a soulish dream, meaning it relates to your own free-will. It was about you and your mothers salvation and the enemies attempts to destroy you and her.
The second dream is a spiritual battle in which you must have Christ in order to overcome.
It sounds to me if the dreams are but a picture of the battle for your soul and spirit?
This are my opinions based upon the limits of what i see in your post. May Christ grant you the Spirit of wisdom.

I like what you had to say about the second dream, however i interpreted it like this, i was thinking to my self that i wasn't with the holy lord enough, that i needed to dedicate more of my lvoe and time to him and honor and praise him more as if i didn't , i would be stuck here in this world when god calls for his people, and i would be stuck durin the raptures wth evil.

And the reason why i say that, and maybe i'm right or wrong who knows, but in my dream i forgot to include that every now and then when walking through the streets, i would see this older man. this older man wasn't like really old, but gray. but was built like a horse, he wore all black, and a black hat. And when he looked at you, he had these dark eyes and the sight of this man freightened me, and he would quickly vanish away, like if he teleported instantiously. So i interepted that i needed to get closer to the lord, and those people who we're following me, god was telling me that i need to do what i was created for, to help save others from damnation and show them the way of the lord.

I like what you had to say about the second dream, however i interpreted it like this, i was thinking to my self that i wasn't with the holy lord enough, that i needed to dedicate more of my lvoe and time to him and honor and praise him more as if i didn't , i would be stuck here in this world when god calls for his people, and i would be stuck durin the raptures wth evil.

And the reason why i say that, and maybe i'm right or wrong who knows, but in my dream i forgot to include that every now and then when walking through the streets, i would see this older man. this older man wasn't like really old, but gray. but was built like a horse, he wore all black, and a black hat. And when he looked at you, he had these dark eyes and the sight of this man freightened me, and he would quickly vanish away, like if he teleported instantiously. So i interepted that i needed to get closer to the lord, and those people who we're following me, god was telling me that i need to do what i was created for, to help save others from damnation and show them the way of the lord.
It seems to me you are very well aware that these dreams are related to your relationship with The Lord of Glory?
Re 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
My understanding of dreams comes basically from taking the parables and pictures of the scriptures and through prayer and the Spirit of wisdom and revelation just kinda figure it out.

I cannot see your dreams in any way other than the Lord trying to draw you into the protection of His Grace.

Last night I had a dream that I believe I've been having for the past several days.

In the dream, my German Shepherd that we had put down more than two years ago started appearing to me sometimes. In physical form, too. I could pet her and all. In fact, in one part of the dream, we were even sitting in a huge recliner together, and I was actually lying on her back and petting her head.
I asked someone, might have been my dad (so he was still alive in this dream), if they could see Cookie (the dog's name). They said no. I began to explain that I've been seeing her lately, and that she mainly appeared during the times I was upset or going through something rough. I then thought to myself that I hadn't really realized I was actually in need of comfort in that way, and wondered if what I had said was strictly true.

I always remember Cookie as a very loyal and very sweet dog. She used to follow me everywhere until old age made it too painful for her, and she was very protective of me.
If it was my dad that I spoke to in the dream, it was probably because I could talk to him about stuff that might make other people think I was crazy, like the example in the dream of seeing my dog that died.

P.S.
I then thought to myself that I hadn't really realized I was actually in need of comfort in that way, and wondered if what I had said was strictly true.
This reminds me of sometime last year when more than once I had no idea how much something was bothering me until someone actually asked me how those problems were going and I had to explain what was happening. Once I was on the verge of tears, insisting that I was fine and them going "I don't think you are"--because, I felt fine until I started talking about it, y'know? I thought I was handling things great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I had a dream that I believe I've been having for the past several days.

In the dream, my German Shepherd that we had put down more than two years ago started appearing to me sometimes. In physical form, too. I could pet her and all. In fact, in one part of the dream, we were even sitting in a huge recliner together, and I was actually lying on her back and petting her head.
I asked someone, might have been my dad (so he was still alive in this dream), if they could see Cookie (the dog's name). They said no. I began to explain that I've been seeing her lately, and that she mainly appeared during the times I was upset or going through something rough. I then thought to myself that I hadn't really realized I was actually in need of comfort in that way, and wondered if what I had said was strictly true.

I always remember Cookie as a very loyal and very sweet dog. She used to follow me everywhere until old age made it too painful for her, and she was very protective of me.
If it was my dad that I spoke to in the dream, it was probably because I could talk to him about stuff that might make other people think I was crazy, like the example in the dream of seeing my dog that died.

P.S.
I then thought to myself that I hadn't really realized I was actually in need of comfort in that way, and wondered if what I had said was strictly true.
This reminds me of sometime last year when more than once I had no idea how much something was bothering me until someone actually asked me how those problems were going and I had to explain what was happening. Once I was on the verge of tears, insisting that I was fine and them going "I don't think you are"--because, I felt fine until I started talking about it, y'know? I thought I was handling things great.
If you dont mind, I would like to take a shot at your dream?
In my dreams, when I see or talk to my worldly father, he always represents my True Father in heaven. Maybe the Lord would have you look more to Him for comfort than those things of the past? As i read your post this scripture came to my mind?
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

hey guys , i came across a old memory reading some of these dreams people have posted, and there is another one i would like to share, however i only had this dream once and maybe someone can tell me what they think,

before i give you the dream, let me explain the background to you. So when i was 18-19, my grandfather (who was step, but he was around since i was born) had died, and my grandmother (his wife) (my natural grandmother) was dying of cancer. HOwever before the one had died, i hadn't spoken to them for years. I loved them dearly, but the alcholoism had became to much where they became evil, abusive, mentally disturbing and terrifying for me to be part with them any longer, so i had moved out of their house onto the street for quite some time. I loved them, but i hated them at the same time for what they had done and what they we're doing by drinking a bottle of grey goose and blackberry brandi every night (And i mean the whole frigin bottle each night, non-stop). When my grandmother had called me and told me the news, they had sold their house and moved into a trailer home (Custom built, etc). He was dead already before i got to see him again, and my grandmother was dying already from cancer, within a few weeks she was gone, and my whole family was gone, only people around today are my dad (who i speak to maybe 3-4 times a year , he basically abandoned me once he had a new gf AGAIN) and his mom, (my religious grandma who i love).

So onto the dream (Finally right? lol) just to let everyone know, i had forgiven them for what they did , and i asked for forgiveness for the bad things i have done. so the dream is as follows.

At this time, there both dead, and in my dream, i'm standing in the trailer looking out the living room window, and i wouldn't move, i felt kinda evil as well, there was this darkness imbedded in me, and i didn't have a care of emotion, just emptyness. My grandfather was alive in this dream but he was dying, he was in his bedroom on life support, still conscious and alive but couldn't move or anything, And my grandmother was sitting on her couch crying, saying "why don't you care, how are you not upset" sobbing. like non stop sobbing. So i peak out the window as i'm just standing there and there is this airplane coming right at us, like there is no way of doding this airplane and my grandmother starts screaming, Me, i'm just standing there cold as ever without a fear in my mind or even a intention in my mind to get out of the way. So the plane is coming and it hits the house and takes out the whole ceiling, and the plane kills my grandparents, and is basically sitting in my house, but the walls of the house are still there, just not the ceiling. Remind you this is not a small plane, but like a continental size plane. So when the plane hits the house, all i do is bob and weave outside of the planes wings and it misses me, however i did not move my feet, i just bob and weaved it, however it killed my grandparents. So the plane is sitting there on fire, and i hear a cry from my grandmother, she is still alive begging for my help. I do not pay attention to her but continue to look out this window. She finally stops begging, and i turn my head slightly to look behind me, and the plane blows up in my face.

And i wake up.

Thoughts?

hey guys , i came across a old memory reading some of these dreams people have posted, and there is another one i would like to share, however i only had this dream once and maybe someone can tell me what they think,

before i give you the dream, let me explain the background to you. So when i was 18-19, my grandfather (who was step, but he was around since i was born) had died, and my grandmother (his wife) (my natural grandmother) was dying of cancer. HOwever before the one had died, i hadn't spoken to them for years. I loved them dearly, but the alcholoism had became to much where they became evil, abusive, mentally disturbing and terrifying for me to be part with them any longer, so i had moved out of their house onto the street for quite some time. I loved them, but i hated them at the same time for what they had done and what they we're doing by drinking a bottle of grey goose and blackberry brandi every night (And i mean the whole frigin bottle each night, non-stop). When my grandmother had called me and told me the news, they had sold their house and moved into a trailer home (Custom built, etc). He was dead already before i got to see him again, and my grandmother was dying already from cancer, within a few weeks she was gone, and my whole family was gone, only people around today are my dad (who i speak to maybe 3-4 times a year , he basically abandoned me once he had a new gf AGAIN) and his mom, (my religious grandma who i love).

So onto the dream (Finally right? lol) just to let everyone know, i had forgiven them for what they did , and i asked for forgiveness for the bad things i have done. so the dream is as follows.

At this time, there both dead, and in my dream, i'm standing in the trailer looking out the living room window, and i wouldn't move, i felt kinda evil as well, there was this darkness imbedded in me, and i didn't have a care of emotion, just emptyness. My grandfather was alive in this dream but he was dying, he was in his bedroom on life support, still conscious and alive but couldn't move or anything, And my grandmother was sitting on her couch crying, saying "why don't you care, how are you not upset" sobbing. like non stop sobbing. So i peak out the window as i'm just standing there and there is this airplane coming right at us, like there is no way of doding this airplane and my grandmother starts screaming, Me, i'm just standing there cold as ever without a fear in my mind or even a intention in my mind to get out of the way. So the plane is coming and it hits the house and takes out the whole ceiling, and the plane kills my grandparents, and is basically sitting in my house, but the walls of the house are still there, just not the ceiling. Remind you this is not a small plane, but like a continental size plane. So when the plane hits the house, all i do is bob and weave outside of the planes wings and it misses me, however i did not move my feet, i just bob and weaved it, however it killed my grandparents. So the plane is sitting there on fire, and i hear a cry from my grandmother, she is still alive begging for my help. I do not pay attention to her but continue to look out this window. She finally stops begging, and i turn my head slightly to look behind me, and the plane blows up in my face.

And i wake up.

Thoughts?
Is there a history of Christian ministry in this family? Because often a plane is a picture of a spiritual ministry.
I have had dreams of air plans and flying and it always represents "higher" things "spiritual" things. A plane most often represents a mans ministry that God intended for that man.

To be honest, i would say 98% of my favorite is athiest. the only person i know who i would consider religious is my grandmother.

And i wake up.

Thoughts?
Is there a history of Christian ministry in this family? Because often a plane is a picture of a spiritual ministry.
I have had dreams of air plans and flying and it always represents "higher" things "spiritual" things. A plane most often represents a mans ministry that God intended for that man.

to be honest, my family is 98% athiest, only my grandmother and i, and now my girlfriend have become spiritual.

To be honest, i would say 98% of my favorite is athiest. the only person i know who i would consider religious is my grandmother.

And i wake up.

Thoughts?

to be honest, my family is 98% athiest, only my grandmother and i, and now my girlfriend have become spiritual.
That probably explains all the warnings in your dreams?

AND to Edward, "flying is almost always (to my knowledge) about being in the spirit or the spiritual realm. The winds are spirits, even satan is the prince of the air. This also shows that one is operating in "higher" laws. above natural laws, such as gravity. The law of faith, the royal law of love are higher laws. But the "law of the Spirit" is most often represented with flying.
I could work some more on your dream if you like? I think you have a good sense of what it means, and if I was to get off track, you could most likely discern it? It is a very interesting dream, fill with good things for you, but also maybe a couple of warnings to what might limit your progress? I usally enter into the Spirit, early in the mornings and have a time of very clear fellowship with the Holy Spirit, I could look into your dream again in the morning if you like, and give you some of my thoughts and share some of my understanding with you, if you like?

This dream was like no other dream I've ever had...

I would love to hear any of your thoughts on this dream if it speaks to you or can interpret any of the details for me...

Yes, the dream speaks to me. I am aware of two stories that I could tell but I will tell one only. It is a story about a shepherd. It is a story about me.

"So back in the day," he says, starting this story as so many of his stories start, "when I was much in the Spirit and much in the Word and the Lord, there came a time when an assignment was given..." While attending Bible College, this one was given a writing assignment. The instructor was a certified instructor and she wanted to encourage her students to write. The assignment was called an "Exegesis Paper," and the instructor explained that, "The word 'exegesis' simply means to “bring out” the meaning of the passage. An exegesis paper is a research paper that uses scholarly sources in order to interpret the historical meaning and modern application of a Biblical passage." I was blessed with some exceptional and called-of-God instructors who had been blessed in their ministry to the saints. My instructor didn't want me to be "tied down" or to have to speak to any "heavy doctrinal" position so she made a point of expanding the scope of the paper to include to any biblical topic or subject whatsoever. That suited me fine.

So the thesis of my exegesis (research paper) was simple. I wrote about Shepherds and their Sheep. This is such a rich analogy there could be books and books written on the subject and this young author, who speaks to you today, found quite an abundance of "scholarly sources" for the topic. Authorities were cited that spoke to the difference in 'style' and manner of shepherds that we are familiar with in the Western, Occidental thought and the Oriental (including Middle Eastern) culture and thoughts. In the west one could hear a common phrase or utterance that would never be heard in Biblical lands, "Nothing dumber on God's green earth than a sheep." The attitude of our culture simply does not express the Love of God or properly carry the richness of the message of our relationship with the Good Shepherd at all.

So that was my premise and thesis statement. That there was more to learn than what we held true about sheep and how easily led they typically are. In the West, being called a sheep means being a person who thoughtlessly follows without sense. In Biblical lands we see a completely different picture. Now, it was an entire essay that I wrote then, complete with hand drawn pictures of "fat-tailed sheep" of the East and other illustrations. I'll spare you this and seek to get to the point.

You see, it was a common thing to allow the youngest male member of the family to tend the sheep in the various family enterprises that were typical of the times of Jesus and also of the time when King David was a young boy. When boys were even younger than 12 and 13 they were often entrusted with the responsibility of caring for that part of the family business and it was a common sight (still is, in some cases) to see a young boy playing a rudimentary flute to his friends and companions, the "flock". He on a hill or perched above, and the small flock grazing within the field of his watchful eye.

There were stories that also showed the relationship and the trained obedience too. If the young boy took his flock through the field of a neighbor the sheep would have to understand that they may not graze. The family would be responsible to pay for any "damage" that was suffered and the sheep were taught to look to the shepherd in all things. There was a trust relationship that went beyond dependency and toward the formation of a strong bond of love that flows both ways, from the shepherd to his sheep and also from the sheep to their care-giver and provider.

So the sheep knew to be obedient and learned to "love" from the heart of the shepherd. And there are many things to say here and many wondrous illustrations that could be made. Those who love stories will likely hear more from me, but this story is about a rather warm day, one day, a rather long time ago. In the story we find a young shepherd leading his sheep with them content to follow. He is leading them along a well traveled path, a rather wide path and there, not far ahead, the young shepherd spots a slight bend in the road. Now this shepherd was like you in a way, Edward, because he too could be 'mischievous' and he thought about a little 'trick' that he wanted to play. Without giving any warning and through very gradual increases in pace the young shepherd was able to increase the distance between him and his flock as they approached the bend or turn in the road. By the time he reached the turn he was a fair piece ahead of them and they were none-the-wiser.

That's when the "plan" was put into action and the Shepherd burst speedily around the bend and his eye sought for a hiding place; a large rock or a shrubbery to conceal himself. It was crucial that he "disappear" before the sheep noticed he was gone. Back on the other side of the bend and now out of line of sight, the sheep did notice his absence. One or two let out a startled bleat and the whole flock looked around, now disturbed and alarmed to the fact that they were alone and vulnerable. Their leader, the sheep who always stayed very close to the shepherd and always pressed in, the one who loved the shepherd and could not stand to be away from him, knew what to do. He began to pick up the pace and close the distance between him and where he knew his Master would be. There were more bleats of less distress heard and it was as if the message, "follow me," was heard.

But then? Around the bend? And what was to be seen?

Nothing.

Where was he? The sound of the distress of the little flock grew even louder. Not everyone knows this but sheep lack a sense of direction. They may get lost easily and they know not what to do. But there is one thing they do know: Cry out. So they cried out. That's when the young boy popped out from his little hiding spot and began to tussle and play with his friends. In their joy and exuberance for the restoration, the sheep could be seen actually pronking as they gamboled about their loved one who had been restored to them. Instead of "pronking" straight up like gazelles do when frightened, the sheep would see-saw back and forth from back to front legs and let the sound of their hearts be heard. It was a joyful noise.

Aside from the lesson that we may learn about how, when we are startled and feel for a moment that the Lord has left us, and aside from the knowledge of the Promise, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you," we may also see that sometimes the Lord appears to withdraw (from our viewpoint) because he wants us to hurry and to follow Him. In addition, this story, about the mischievous Shepherd, is given to your question, Edward. You've asked for "thoughts on this dream if it speaks to you." This thought is one of mine.

Here's another: In the Name and by the power that is given to me, I command, "Grow, thou son of the Most High. Grow." Edward, grow in grace and peace and in the knowledge of The Christ, Jesus.

:nod

Last edited by a moderator:
AND to Edward, "flying is almost always (to my knowledge) about being in the spirit or the spiritual realm. The winds are spirits, even satan is the prince of the air. This also shows that one is operating in "higher" laws. above natural laws, such as gravity. The law of faith, the royal law of love are higher laws. But the "law of the Spirit" is most often represented with flying.
I could work some more on your dream if you like? I think you have a good sense of what it means, and if I was to get off track, you could most likely discern it? It is a very interesting dream, fill with good things for you, but also maybe a couple of warnings to what might limit your progress? I usally enter into the Spirit, early in the mornings and have a time of very clear fellowship with the Holy Spirit, I could look into your dream again in the morning if you like, and give you some of my thoughts and share some of my understanding with you, if you like?

I'd appreciate that very much George. Though I have an idea, I am no dream interpreter and love to hear others perspectives and insights. Tell me whatever you are shown to see in it, and if you see a warning to me or anything, do not pull any punches, for I am humble and probably need to hear it. I can then pray about it and also internalize to see if this is so. Thank you.
I do not claim to be a "dream interpreter" (as some would claim) but God has led me much through my own dreams, and usally with prayer and much meditation on the dream along with the scriptures and of course the Holy Spirit, I do feel that I have some abilty to understand the dreams of Spirit filled believers. Like I said the early mornings seem the best time for me? so i will look again and pray for some understanding and give you my honest and sincere thoughts. Besides all that its just kinda fun and I enjoy the way the Lord speaks to His people in parables and types.

I was flying for the Lord and remember talking to the trainees(?) that, we work for God now, give thanks in all, don't interfere with people unless you are helping and try not to damage houses when you land. I did not have a spiritual body or anything in the dream and I don't think I had died and went to heaven or anything, but I (we) were working for God. I taught them how to land without crashing. I told them that they could fly underwater for up to a couple hours at a time before they needed to come up for air. We would take breaks on top of the roofs of peoples houses and talk and stuff. I showed them how to get off of a roof onto the ground without being hurt.

I think you pretty much understand this as being a teacher and leader of Gods little ones? But the water can represent a couple things? Most often it represents the judgment against this world. Just as the Ark was above the judgment, we who are in Christ are as well. So going or flying under water could mean you will have power there as well? This scripture of Paul comes to my mind, I KNOW HOW TO BE ABASED AND I KNOW HOW TO BE EXALTED. For us, when we are baptised, we are "humbling ourself" unto the death of Our Lord. So I would understand that you will teach others how to do both, to enjoy both to be exalted and humbled.
I will share with you that for me, in my dreams to go under the water has been about going into the realm of those who are under the judgment of God, and always I go in to "save" another.

The houses and neighborhoods were strange in that there were levels of houses perhaps 6 or 8 high. Single family homes but sort of stacked up, only not. My sense was that we were in reality and the earth people only seen sky when they looked up no matter what level they lived on. Even those living in the higher levels entered their house from the ground, or so they thought, though their house may have really been elevated high above others. They were still close together side to side and up/down, but there were perhaps 6 or 8 levels instead of one as we know it. (Imagine a neighborhood, and then stacking 6 or so more neighborhoods on top of it). I showed them two ways to get down to the ground, short hop to the house next door onto it's roof one level lower and then again to the house beside it one level lower and so on, or to sit on your butt and slide off the edge of the roof to the one next to it but lower. Very similar to the first way. I remember telling them a couple times, do not damage people's houses when you do this or land on the roof. For some reason we were not to land on the ground directly? Some of the trainees (LOL) were having trouble landing. They were landing too hard and almost hurting themselves and I didn't want them to get hurt, cause damage, or to make too much noise when landing. I showed that one could land very softly by flying down close to a roof, slowing down, reversing direction at just the right moment, and land softly. Now let's see how you fly, try to keep up with me (LOL) and I took off at great speed at a 45° angle and tried to "lose them" which I did easily, though I sensed that they weren't very lost and I could find them again easily when I wanted to. I flew around with no particular direction, at first they were behind me, but I was feeling mischievous and would make changes in direction and increase my speed to make it difficult for them to keep up. I remember feeling a great sense of thankfulness to the Lord while flying and made a small prayer of thanks and blessing unto the Lord for what He had given me and looked up towards heaven. I felt as if I had lost my group and felt a small sense of satisfaction and mischievousness and thought to take a little sight seeing tour for fun before I rejoined the group. I flew to the ocean and flew into it and played around a little bit and then I was in the air again with a sense of having spent a couple hours hours underwater, though I didn't dream the visuals throughout this part, I was just in the air again. I Remember flying into the water but not out of it, I was just airborne again.
I see this houses as churches and the blue sky represents the mercy of Of Lord, So these would be what we understand to be denoms that believe that we are saved by the grace of God. The group you are teaching will be in these different denominational churches, you will need to teach them how not to be hurt when they leave one church and go to another, but to stay in the Spirit, even when they "miss it" or are hurt by a certain chruch group.
God will give you a certain liberty to explore the "width, length, depth and the height" apart from being connected in a formal way to the "church system"

I thought to look at space for a few and flew straight up. as I neared space and it began to go into the dark of space, I felt a sense of not wanting to be away from the group for too long and decided that this was enough for now. So I turned around and looked at the earth and the view which was very beautiful from my vantage point of being so high, and flew back down. I spotted the group flying and flew up into the front area of the group and indicated to follow me and we went down and landed on someone's roof. We talked a bit and I gave them some pointers and I am fairly certain that my deceased sister (RIP) was among them (it's a little fuzzy here) but we walked to edge of the roof and was talking, she was asking me questions about flying and God and stuff, and I remember saying "Isn't God great?! Look at us now!!" We flew some more after that and landed on several different roofs to break and talk about flying and of God.This dream was all during the daytime, with sun shining and warm weather, bright blue sky and very white clouds. AH, It was a grand time with good feelings and fun happiness! It is very fun to fly. Back in the dream, I sensed it was late in the day, and we were done for the day and had to get back. To where I do not know, but we started off to "return" and then I woke up

So I would suggest that God is going to call you out further than He does most, into a lonely place. Paul told us of the "third heaven" but you will not see it. Your love for the world will not allow you to pass through unto the deeper things. But God will not account this against you. He will establish you with a ministry based upon His goodness, and the sister could be a church or a wife? I will let you ponder that out with the Lord.

I hope this helps, fear nothing and rejoice always! DEATH HAS BEEN OVERCOME IN HIS VICTORY. Your brother in the Lord G. Muller

Its hard to analize dreams. I had one but hard to explain perfectly. Better not to say it.
Well, I read your post before it changed, God wants you tho study the Old Testament law? He wants you "hear" want it says, about sin?
Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Then He wants you to go to the Cross of the Lord Jesus and understand what He did for you there on that hill.

Every time I get even a little closer to the Lord, I am immediately attacked in some way by satan to try to tear me down. Faith don't fail me now!

I've not been given the honor of serving in the military but have much appreciation both for those who have and for the lessons and allegories that may be seen as we consider warfare. I've heard that one of the things that the enemy targets first is an airfield. Along with bridges. The idea is to prevent the planes from even getting off the ground. It is also to cut off the lines of support (bridges).

Recall now that part of the dream. Vertical takeoff. Amen. Look to your God and see Him in this.

Hi questdriven, sweet dream from Abba. I believe your dog represents a guardian angel (protector) and/or possibly Holy Spirit (comforter) whom Father God (symbolized by your dad) sends to you when you need. It appears that the Lord uses this angel to help you rest in Him (recliner). Very sweet

Back