Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does anybody have kp aka strawberry skin/chicken skin? I read a lot of people have it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It depends what you mean. A lot of tiktokers now are claiming "strawberry skin" is what happens to your legs after shaving then shove products down your throat saying if you use it you'll have poreless smooth legs. It's just a lie to market products they are affiliated with (they get a percentage of the profits if you buy it through them, or they get money from the social media in the form of your view). This isn't strawberry skin it's just normal.

If you mean keratosis pilaris, that is something I personally have on my upper outer arms (above elbows). I've always had it. It is common but I don't think 50%. It's just cosmetic. Heavy moisturizing creams can reduce the appearance but as soon as you stop using it'll look the same again. Honestly it doesn't affect your health in any way and is MUCH less noticeable than acne (which is more common and usually facial). As a teen my keratosis bothered me more because of people like those tiktokers I mentioned trying to imply you can have "perfect" skin and that is simply filters and lies. Skin has pores and they have a healthful purpose. "texture" is normal. Keratosis Pilaris is just a cosmetic "issue"

My acne and my psoriasis bother me much more... especially the psoriasis. I didn't know itching could be "agonising" until I had my first flare up 😥

It depends what you mean. A lot of tiktokers now are claiming "strawberry skin" is what happens to your legs after shaving then shove products down your throat saying if you use it you'll have poreless smooth legs. It's just a lie to market products they are affiliated with (they get a percentage of the profits if you buy it through them, or they get money from the social media in the form of your view). This isn't strawberry skin it's just normal.

If you mean keratosis pilaris, that is something I personally have on my upper outer arms (above elbows). I've always had it. It is common but I don't think 50%. It's just cosmetic. Heavy moisturizing creams can reduce the appearance but as soon as you stop using it'll look the same again. Honestly it doesn't affect your health in any way and is MUCH less noticeable than acne (which is more common and usually facial). As a teen my keratosis bothered me more because of people like those tiktokers I mentioned trying to imply you can have "perfect" skin and that is simply filters and lies. Skin has pores and they have a healthful purpose. "texture" is normal. Keratosis Pilaris is just a cosmetic "issue"

My acne and my psoriasis bother me much more... especially the psoriasis. I didn't know itching could be "agonising" until I had my first

I really struggle with it. Nothing seems to help. Body scrub helps sometimes. I don't have a lot of bumps just pink dots. Thankyou though. I noticed a lot of marketing too. Thank you for your response.

I really struggle with it. Nothing seems to help. Body scrub helps sometimes. I don't have a lot of bumps just pink dots. Thankyou though. I noticed a lot of marketing too. Thank you for your response.
Invest in a heavy moisturising lotion (thick cream/lotion) and try to use it everyday. It'll help but it won't ever fade away you just have to roll with it. We've all got pores, spots, moles, texture etc and keratosis isn't really any different to those things. If your profile picture is you, you absolutely have nothing to worry about! You are very beautiful and look more like 20. You also have very healthy looking hair (I'm a hairdresser)

Relax 🌺

Oh thankyou. I have thick wavy hair, but I dry it straight sometimes. People like my hair. The thing is it takes forever to dry. Lol. I use a the "wet" brush. Otherwise my brush gets stuck in my hair. ;)

Oh thankyou. I have thick wavy hair, but I dry it straight sometimes. People like my hair. The thing is it takes forever to dry. Lol. I use a the "wet" brush. Otherwise my brush gets stuck in my hair. ;)
I totally relate I have thick and wavy too :biggrin I can't use combs on my hair only brushes.. my hair snaps combs :lol
:lol :confused2

I've noticed that a lot more people have it. My two friends are tatto artists and I've seen it on them. I feel like guys have it easy. On the other hand I had a black mail friend and his looked more black then red. I feel bad if people would ask if he shaves his legs. I guess that would be embarrassing. It just seems like a guy can have it and be fine, but if a woman has it she should be ghosted. I think I have it more than others with the red dots. Last time I wore Bermuda shorts or Capri and went to a shindig of my parents friend, the lady wasn't trying to hurt my feelings, but she blurted it out to everyone pointing at it. I know she didn't mean harm, but I have only worn pants and jeans since then. Another thing is I go out of lotion fast for because I have such dry sensitive skin. Totally sucks, but is life.

I think 🤔 salicylic and glycolic and lactic acid leave on products can be helpful. I want to say 2 percent salicylic acid leave on is a standard fix but I could be mistaken..

So I was reading online about people asking about this and I am suprised at all the comments (not from here, just comments on an article). People are so mean. They were like, " I'm fine. I actually take showers." All their comments were like this. Showers don't cure strawberry skin. Exfoliation, moisturizer helps, but no cure. Shaving actually doesn't, but who wants hairy legs. KP is not because someone doesn't take showers. I am thinking in the future I might get laser hair removal to help it. It doesn't get rid of the color, but helps with everything else. My legs are also covered in bruises everyday. I don't know how i get them, but it is all the time. I must have a vitamin deffenicy or something. I am always bruised. I don't believe tanning is good. It is not healthy at all and it pre ages the skin so it looks kind of leathery. I don't get it. In America everyone wants a tan. In Asia everyone wants to be as white as possible. What's the point. Well people are such jerks. They should not comment on things they are ignorant about. Like I don't matter in life and deserve friends? I hate KP. I would love to wear dresses and skirts that aren't floor dresses. They should be greatful. Well at least I don't have a disease where my skin falls off and be wrapped in bandages every day. Why are people so mean. So sucks.

So I was reading online about people asking about this and I am suprised at all the comments (not from here, just comments on an article). People are so mean. They were like, " I'm fine. I actually take showers." All their comments were like this. Showers don't cure strawberry skin. Exfoliation, moisturizer helps, but no cure. Shaving actually doesn't, but who wants hairy legs. KP is not because someone doesn't take showers. I am thinking in the future I might get laser hair removal to help it. It doesn't get rid of the color, but helps with everything else. My legs are also covered in bruises everyday. I don't know how i get them, but it is all the time. I must have a vitamin deffenicy or something. I am always bruised. I don't believe tanning is good. It is not healthy at all and it pre ages the skin so it looks kind of leathery. I don't get it. In America everyone wants a tan. In Asia everyone wants to be as white as possible. What's the point. Well people are such jerks. They should not comment on things they are ignorant about. Like I don't matter in life and deserve friends? I hate KP. I would love to wear dresses and skirts that aren't floor dresses. They should be greatful. Well at least I don't have a disease where my skin falls off and be wrapped in bandages every day. Why are people so mean. So sucks.
Are you vegan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back