Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does ANYONE here on this forum think they are going to Heaven?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Riverwolf

And I mean like right now.
Like at the same time that you read this, your earthly body dies.
Are you going to be just like right there in front of God himself?
And you are home free?
Game over.
Tough contest, but you won?
Why?
What makes you different?

Jesus promised me that if I believe Him I will be saved.
He's faithful. I don't think he'll renege on His promises.

I'm no different from anyone else but He sure is.

I'm not judged by the father anyway but by Him.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

So yes, I'm saved.

Stephen King said:
Game over, case closed, zip up your fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It says in Romans 10:9, that:

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,†and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

3 letters. One word...
Yes

Yes i believe i'm going to Heaven to be with the Lord Jesus.

John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

It says in Romans 10:9, that:

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,†and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

3 letters. One word...
Yes

Does this mean that infants, children and those of limited mental capacity who are incapable of understanding the raising from the dead do not go to heaven?

I've always wondered what scripture promised heaven to these individuals. Does anyone have a citation?

Even those who profess intelligence don't understand the raising from the dead. :biggrin
Our technology can't explain it either.
Suffice it to say God is the last and highest authority and judges with wisdom, power and righteousness. I have no need, wisdom or authority to come up with certain restrictive or inclusive laws/parameters/formulas that dictate who goes to heaven or who doesn't. All I know is what the Word is telling me. I have no idea what God is saying to other people.

Does this mean that infants, children and those of limited mental capacity who are incapable of understanding the raising from the dead do not go to heaven?

I've always wondered what scripture promised heaven to these individuals. Does anyone have a citation?

Rhea, I have thoughts on this question...I hope you don't mind, I think I'm going to put them in a thread of it's own so as to not derail this one.

The OP after all is questioning the folks on this forum...and there are no infants and children on the forum. As for those of limited mental capacity...well...:rolleyes:

Riverwolf
Does ANYONE here on this forum think they are going to Heaven?
And I mean like right now.
Like at the same time that you read this, your earthly body dies.
Are you going to be just like right there in front of God himself?
And you are home free?
Game over.
Tough contest, but you won?
Why?
What makes you different?​
Yes, I believe that if I were to die right now, I would go to heaven, home free, game over, tough contest but I win.

Why? Because I believe that Jesus has saved me and forgiven all my sin...guess that's what makes me different as well.

Here's one thing though...I don't believe that I can just kick back, relax, forget about living for Christ and just coast until death comes to me. As Paul warns in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

It is "game over" once one dies...until then, we do need to exercise self-control and discipline and stay in the race...lest we find ourselves disqualified.

Yes, I believe that if I were to die right now, I would go to heaven, home free, game over, tough contest but I win.

Why? Because I believe that Jesus has saved me and forgiven all my sin...guess that's what makes me different as well.

Here's one thing though...I don't believe that I can just kick back, relax, forget about living for Christ and just coast until death comes to me. As Paul warns in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

It is "game over" once one dies...until then, we do need to exercise self-control and discipline and stay in the race...lest we find ourselves disqualified.

yeah this<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

No, I do not just believe it, beliefs can change. I know that I am going to Heaven and of much greater importance I know that I am a member of the Bride of Christ. I´m going to do another post on that I think.

Sure - heaven's not a "goal"

It's a Destination. If you're saved, and you croak - there's no place else TO go as a Child of God.

Simple as that.

When My firstborn died 41 years ago in the spring of 1970 (Came too early, into a rural Ohio hospital that wasn't able to handle the situation), we (my wife and I) Cried over the loss, bought the little Styrofoam box that newborns that don't make it are buried in, sent it to local cemetery, and walked away. No reason to do anything else - there's nothing in that little grave that matters. My Father wanted to make a plaque for the marker. We let him and the cemetery installed it.

The cemetery wanted us to have a "Service". I told 'em if they wanted to "do something religious" - they could go ahead without us if it made 'em feel any better.

And now at the age of 69, with 50 years of Christian faith, two open-hearts, 4 more Children, and 13 heart attacks behind me - I'll maybe GO to Heaven this evening - that'd be fine.

And I expect to meet "Angeline" (which is what we named her before she died) as she REALLY is on the other side.

Don't really need any particular "cite" to know that - there was no "Sin" in her, and so no reason for her not to just "Go home".

As for me, I KNOW whom I have believed, and am persuaded that HE IS ABLE to keep that which I've entrusted unto HIM against that day.

Why does everyone blindly seem to assume that being saved has anything to do with going to Heaven? Sorry, but I see no scriptural evidence that would suggest that any of us have been promised Heaven. The promise that scripture gives the masses to hope in is LIFE, Heaven was promised but to a few.

No such citation exists Rhea. The citing of John 14 is errantly applied to all believers when in fact Jesus was there speaking to a specific group. Us, as well as the individuals you mentioned have the same hope and that hope is a resurrection to life under the reign of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Totally without a doubt! I will second Bill.... I know, because its as plain as the nose on our face, problem is too many can't see past the tip of their nose.

Why does everyone blindly seem to assume that being saved has anything to do with going to Heaven? Sorry, but I see no scriptural evidence that would suggest that any of us have been promised Heaven. The promise that scripture gives the masses to hope in is LIFE, Heaven was promised but to a few.

Really? Care to share where this comes from?

Totally without a doubt! I will second Bill.... I know, because its as plain as the nose on our face, problem is too many can't see past the tip of their nose.
When we read the Old Testament and then the New there are remarkable truths that are not understood nor are they even perceived by the masses. Having just read it in the Old and remembering the words of Jesus when asked why He spoke an taught in parables I do not find it strange that most of the folks that name the name of Christ do not understand.

The scriptures, all of them, only make sense with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the source of our Spiritual Ears and Eyes. Without the unquenched indwelling of the Holy Spirit the promises of our eternal life, in the presence of God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit are not understood when they are read nor are they understood and held as precious when they are preached.

It is true that the gate to Hell is wide and always open and the gate to Heaven is narrow and difficult, impossible, to find without the Holy Spirits guidance.

For most of you that read this here is evidence of salvation, this brother, I have never met, and I are of one mind.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back