Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Does Extreme Heat Effect Your Concentration?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was just wondering because although the temperature is only in the seventies today it's extremely humid outside and I had to hurry back from my bike ride because I felt like I was losing my concentration and not to mention I got dizzy earlier. I always drink quite a bit so I'm pretty sure that I'm hydrated enough, but I still wonder if these problems are heat related.

I'm in the UK and its 30 C plus every day with brown grass everywhere!!! Concentration? What was the question again?!

I've got a pretty old A/C unit so I try not to run it as much during the day but the heat and sun can be relentless here in FL. I'm running a fan in the room I'm in now to keep cool.
Last Summer after Hurricane Irma blew through there were several trees down on my street so they had to clear the street and put up several new poles and restring the power lines. Took 5 full days, which is actually less than some people I know (one friend waited 2 weeks). The catch is I'm on a well and the pump runs on electricity, so no power equals no running water. The weather was very calm after the storm so at night the air is very hot and still. I was able to borrow a generator from a friend who got their power back on for days 4 and 5 so I had a couple of fans blowing and the fridge plugged in for plenty of cold drinks.
Short-term discomfort, yes. But not fun when you are going through it! (I was unemployed at the time too so added stress)
Run pump off evil generator, evil Orlando utilities commission.lol

You have temps in the 70's right now? That sounds so nice! Let's trade? It's supposed to be 110+ tomorrow =D. I'm smiling, but it really makes me want to cry inside it's so hot...

I personally feel that heat has an effect on my thinking, yes. This is even more true if dehydration, heat exhaustion, and/or heat stroke set in. It also makes you agitated and when people are that way, they won't think straight because they are needing to address the need to drink water and replenish electrolytes. Water isn't usually enough for the body. For quick, healthy electrolyte replenishing drink take a glass of water, squeeze half a lemon in there or a whole one if you love sour, and then add a pinch of sea salt!

You have temps in the 70's right now? That sounds so nice! Let's trade? It's supposed to be 110+ tomorrow =D. I'm smiling, but it really makes me want to cry inside it's so hot...

I personally feel that heat has an effect on my thinking, yes. This is even more true if dehydration, heat exhaustion, and/or heat stroke set in. It also makes you agitated and when people are that way, they won't think straight because they are needing to address the need to drink water and replenish electrolytes. Water isn't usually enough for the body. For quick, healthy electrolyte replenishing drink take a glass of water, squeeze half a lemon in there or a whole one if you love sour, and then add a pinch of sea salt!

Wait a minute, that was a long time ago that it was in the seventies lol. Now it's been in the eighties and nineties :thud. Yep, it's going to be a hot one going to the fireworks tonight but it will be worth it at least since I only get to see them once a year. :biggrin

Wait a minute, that was a long time ago that it was in the seventies lol. Now it's been in the eighties and nineties :thud. Yep, it's going to be a hot one going to the fireworks tonight but it will be worth it at least since I only get to see them once a year. :biggrin
Good working weather.

Lol did I catch an old thread? Whoops!

Anyway, Happy 4th! Fireworks are fun, enjoy them!

Back