Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Does God desire...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JM

...the salvation of those who were appointed to disobedience (1 Peter 2.8)?

Does God desire the salvation of those who, as natural brute beasts, are made to be taken and destroyed (2 Peter 2.12)? .

Does God desire the salvation of those who were before of old ordained to "this condemnation (Jude 4)"?

Good question.

I'm reminded of a passage that was posted during our UR debate days. No, I'm not promoting UR, but what are these verses saying, if you don't mind me asking?

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

vic said:
Good question.

I'm reminded of a passage that was posted during our UR debate days. No, I'm not promoting UR, but what are these verses saying, if you don't mind me asking?

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

The context for drawning all men is judgement.

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Hi everyone.

mutzrein wrote:

I agree with mutzrein's answer.

Vic quoted:

I don't understand this verse in the same way as Jason. I thought His take was interesting, and will study it more, but it was not my first understanding.

JM wrote:
The context for drawning all men is judgement.

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

This passage is the Triumphal Entry.

I understood all men to mean all nations in context with respect to the fact that Christ's death will mean that not only Jews will have access to God, but all men will.

The Lord bless all of you.

God definitely has a tremendous desire to save all of His Children according to the verse below -

1 Timothy 2:3,4 - For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Luke 9:56 - For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

John 12:47 - And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Even though there is Judgement of the wicked similar to the chastening of a Father who loves Justice and Righteousness, there is also the blessed Hope of their Salvation if they repent and follow Him, since God is Love as the Bible says in the verses below -

Hebrews 12:7-11 - If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Revelation 3:19 - As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Matthew 5:26 - Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Luke 15:10 - Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

The Judgement is not there for those who have repented truly and who are in Christ and follow Him according to the verse below -

Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Lord Bless You.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back