Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Does pressing your hands toegther make prayers work better?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Does pressing your hands toegther when praying make the prayers work better?

PrayingHandsThumb.jpg

The possition our bodies are in during prayer is not (of course) the paramount thing~

It is always His children's precious :heart that our Lord is listening to. ;)

Although dear brothers and sisters I am here to say when my heart is bowed down before Him... often my head and body is too. You too? Sometimes His holiness is too near~ His glory is too awesome for me to look up in prayer. . .

AND~ Sometimes His face is SO beautiful in adoration that I cannot look down. :biggrin That's when I grin and grin... Or sometimes His mercy is so free ~ so complete that I almost cannot breathe in the bath of His goodness. I hold my breath, sometimes... wanting the second of His wonder to bloom around me a just ~ little longer. :heart

bonnie

God is moved by faith and faith alone, not by anything physical. Without faith it is impossible to please Him. (Heb. 11:6) Physical formulas are religious practices that take you out of faith and put you back under law. They which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham...and the law is not of faith. (Gal 3:9, 12). Religion is loaded with physical rules, traditions of men that make the Word of none effect. (Mark 7:13)

Gal 5:4- Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. KJV

Hos 6:6- For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
KJV

God wants faith, and His command is to love one another. He desires mercy, or love, more than any physical religious tradition. God hears the prayers that are prayed in faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back