Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dog food diet

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Wrg1405

seriously??

So I'm in my local supermarket buying a bag of dog food. I'm standing in the check out line and a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food?

Without thinking I said "no I don't have a dog, I'm starting the dog food diet again. I probably shouldn't because I ended up in hospital last time. I lost 50 pounds before I woke up one day in ICU with tubes coming out of most of orifices and IV's in both arms"

"I told her it was essentially a perfect diet. All you do is load your pockets with dog food nuggets and just eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well, and I'm going to try it again"

Horrified the lady asked me if I ended up in ICU because the dog food poisoned me>

I told her "no, I stepped of a curb to sniff a poodles backside and a car hit me"

Maybe she was just trying to strike up a conversation. You know, maybe she was interested in you.

seriously??

So I'm in my local supermarket buying a bag of dog food. I'm standing in the check out line and a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food?

Without thinking I said "no I don't have a dog, I'm starting the dog food diet again. I probably shouldn't because I ended up in hospital last time. I lost 50 pounds before I woke up one day in ICU with tubes coming out of most of orifices and IV's in both arms"

"I told her it was essentially a perfect diet. All you do is load your pockets with dog food nuggets and just eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well, and I'm going to try it again"

Horrified the lady asked me if I ended up in ICU because the dog food poisoned me>

I told her "no, I stepped of a curb to sniff a poodles backside and a car hit me"

woof

When I was about 10 years old my mom came back from the grocery store all in a huff. She had gone there to buy a bunch of dog food for the several dogs that hung around our house. We lived in a poverty stricken neighborhood. We always had food in the house at that point in time, but apparently, others in that community were not so fortunate. The cashiers asked if we had dogs because if we didn't and the dog food was for the family then she would give my mom a discount to help us keep fed. My mom was horrified and offended that someone would think that. I've seen my fair share of poverty but we never had to resort to dog food. Some apparently do have to eat like that.

When I was about 10 years old my mom came back from the grocery store all in a huff. She had gone there to buy a bunch of dog food for the several dogs that hung around our house. We lived in a poverty stricken neighborhood. We always had food in the house at that point in time, but apparently, others in that community were not so fortunate. The cashiers asked if we had dogs because if we didn't and the dog food was for the family then she would give my mom a discount to help us keep fed. My mom was horrified and offended that someone would think that. I've seen my fair share of poverty but we never had to resort to dog food. Some apparently do have to eat like that.
Over here it's not unusual to hear of people who spend more money on feeding their dog(s) than they spend on food for themselves.

Back