Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Don't Just Pray, Help!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Starnexus

Common Christian lines and their translations.

1. "You'll be in my prayers" Translation "I'm not going to help you but let's hope someone else will"
2. "I'll pray for you" Translation see above
3. "God allows bad situations to occur in peoples lives and we must keep these people in our prayers" Translation "Your debacle is not my problem"

Too often I hear fellow Christians saying this crap and it sickens me and even makes me wonder how these people can call themselves Christians and still keep a straight face. Apparently John asked the same question and answered it in my favorite verses in the Bible.
1 John 3:16-19
16This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 17If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 19This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence

Unfortunately so many Christians seem to lack in this quality. Too many times have I seen people in need rejected or simply given some cop-out line like the aforementioned phraes. We Christians we're supposed to be the EXAMPLE of how one is to help his fellow man. Does that mean we're supposed to spend our entire lives in the jungle in Africa helping the natives. NO But does that mean when we see a hungry homeless person that we should not offer to buy them a meal at McDonalds. Also NO. We need to wake up people. God is wonderful and loving but he uses US to deliver many of his deeds. He chooses to work through humans therefore as Christians we are supposed to be the vehicles which he uses to deliver good fortune.

Thanks for Reading and God Bless

Starnexus said:
Common Christian lines and their translations.

1. "You'll be in my prayers" Translation "I'm not going to help you but let's hope someone else will"
2. "I'll pray for you" Translation see above
3. "God allows bad situations to occur in peoples lives and we must keep these people in our prayers" Translation "Your debacle is not my problem"

Is that what you mean when you say it?
I see evidence of this in my community, but It's not what I mean when I say it. I know others who feel as I do.

This forum is virtual. There's a limit to the interaction we can have with other participants. This is interaction is usually (not always) limited to advice, or an offer of intercession on their behalf. I don't think anyone here is copping out. We always have the option of simply not to respond. I also see that happen in my community.

Starnexus said:
Too often I hear fellow Christians saying this crap and it sickens me and even makes me wonder how these people can call themselves Christians and still keep a straight face. Apparently John asked the same question and answered it in my favorite verses in the Bible.
1 John 3:16-19
16This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 17If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 19This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence

I also see evidence of this in my community. It is not new.
James 2:15-17 (English Standard Version)
"15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? 17So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

Starnexus said:
Unfortunately so many Christians seem to lack in this quality. Too many times have I seen people in need rejected or simply given some cop-out line like the aforementioned phraes. We Christians we're supposed to be the EXAMPLE of how one is to help his fellow man. Does that mean we're supposed to spend our entire lives in the jungle in Africa helping the natives. NO But does that mean when we see a hungry homeless person that we should not offer to buy them a meal at McDonalds. Also NO. We need to wake up people. God is wonderful and loving but he uses US to deliver many of his deeds. He chooses to work through humans therefore as Christians we are supposed to be the vehicles which he uses to deliver good fortune.

Thanks for Reading and God Bless

What "Christians" do you know that don't want to help others and lie when they say they'll pray for others? Why would you call these people Christians?

1 John 4:20-21 (English Standard Version)
"20 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother."

This passage would suggest that the people targeted by your rebuke are not Christians and will probably not read it (in this forum).
Our actions should be motivated by love, and we must lead by example. I for one can appreciate the exortation. We should always evaluate our actions in the light of our Lord, and scripture.
Thank you for bringing up this subject.

DavidLee said:
"20 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother."

This passage would suggest that the people targeted by your rebuke are not Christians and will probably not read it (in this forum).
Our actions should be motivated by love, and we must lead by example. I for one can appreciate the exortation. We should always evaluate our actions in the light of our Lord, and scripture.

I just wish some some Christians would get off their butts and do something to help their fellow man...

Starnexus said:
I just wish some some Christians would get off their butts and do something to help their fellow man...

I wish all Christians were more like Christ and less like the world.
If we were, we might stand out more often and inspire holiness in each other.
Most of us can just barely get along with each other :sad

Romans 12:17-19 (English Standard Version)
"17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."

I can only be responsible for myself.

1 Timothy 6:11-13 (English Standard Version)
"11But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."

God bless you Starnexus. Fight the good fight. It's the only one we can win.

Starnexus said:
DavidLee said:

May I inquire as to what you are doing yourself? :)

When I say "I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers" I mean it- As I say this to you- I'm also praying for you at the same time & I know that God Hears my prayers for you. We are not here to hurt each other (Verbally)but we are here to lift each other up in prayer & support through Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior. Amen!!

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

May I inquire as to what you are doing yourself? :)[/quote][/quote]

Of course! When I have financial resources I try to help out if I can. If someone needs a ride I'll give it. I'll do whatever I can to help a brother in need.

Back