Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] "each after their own kind" NOT

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

reznwerks

How often have we heard the claim that animals only mate with their own kind: robins produce robins, blackbirds produce blackbirds polar bears produce polar bears. Oops not so fast.

"A DNA test has confirmed what zoologists, hunters and aboriginal trackers in the far northern reaches of Canada have dreamed of for years: the first documented case of a grizzly-polar bear in the wild."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/11/D8HHQ9BO0.html

What is your point? I am not being sarcastic, I really want to know where you are going with this.

Isn't that like saying " The Bible says the God made man and woman to be together, but look at homosexuals!"

huh

Johny said:
Isn't that like saying " The Bible says the God made man and woman to be together, but look at homosexuals!"

No.

I think what rezn means is that homosexuals neither reproduce and are of the same species anyway, so even supposing they could reproduce, that would still be reproduction after the same kind. Obvious, hence the "No" I'm assuming.

How often have we heard the claim that animals only mate with their own kind: robins produce robins, blackbirds produce blackbirds polar bears produce polar bears. Oops not so fast.

The problem here is determining what "kind" means. Is it species? If so, then yes, not all things reproduce after their own kind. If "kind" correlates to a type, or some such more general idea of differentiation in the animal kingdom, then all creatures do reproduce after their own kind, i.e. birds beget birds, bears beget bears and so on. Merely a definition difficulty.

reznwerks said:

"A DNA test has confirmed what zoologists, hunters and aboriginal trackers in the far northern reaches of Canada have dreamed of for years: the first documented case of a grizzly-polar bear in the wild."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/11/D8HHQ9BO0.html
Why not, they are both bears. I read that story yesterday. That is just like a German Shepard and a Doberman can produce.

I once watched a show on The Science Channel. They produced a cross between a lion and a tiger. They called it a liger.
They had this chimp who they thought was 1/2 human because he could walk upright, but after the chimp died (of old age), they found out that he was 100% chimp. He walked straight up for some other reason.
None of this is really means anything, but it is interesting. :roll:

ChristineES said:
I once watched a show on The Science Channel. They produced a cross between a lion and a tiger. They called it a liger.
Bread for there skills and magic right :-D ? Sorry, that was a Napoleon Dynamite reference…never mind. On with the topic.

Check your mate... and other silly atheist arguments

reznfails said:
How often have we heard the claim that animals only mate with their own kind: robins produce robins, blackbirds produce blackbirds polar bears produce polar bears.

YOU may have heard that... but then again, who knows who you listen to!!

DUH... two BEARS mate?? Ever heard about two different breeds of dogs mating? Never? :roll:

I was wondering what your point was. But then again... who cares? Atheists waste a lot of time on Christian forums proving to us how much time they waste on Christian forums.

:-?

A bit of homework for reznfails: The mule is a cross between a ------ (fill in the blanks) stallion (called a jack) and a ----- (fill in the blanks) mare. Hinnies are just the opposite - a stallion ----- (fill in the blanks) crossed to a ------ (fill in the blanks) jennet.

Clue: donkey and horse

:biggrin

amazing

ChristineES said:
They had this chimp who they thought was 1/2 human because he could walk upright, but after the chimp died (of old age), they found out that he was 100% chimp. He walked straight up for some other reason.
You missed the point. The examples you use were purposely done.

Re: Check your mate... and other silly atheist arguments

Gary said:
reznfails said:
How often have we heard the claim that animals only mate with their own kind: robins produce robins, blackbirds produce blackbirds polar bears produce polar bears.

YOU may have heard that... but then again, who knows who you listen to!!
The bible said that not me.

DUH... two BEARS mate?? Ever heard about two different breeds of dogs mating? Never? :roll:
Skipped your classed in school? The present dog as we know it has been purposely engineered by man for the most part.

I was wondering what your point was.
I'm not surprised.

But then again... who cares?
You took the time to read and respond so I guess YOU do.

Atheists waste a lot of time on Christian forums proving to us how much time they waste on Christian forums.
Do Christians waste their time as well by constantly reinforcing what they already know? I mean it's only one book.

:-?

A bit of homework for reznfails: The mule is a cross between a ------ (fill in the blanks) stallion (called a jack) and a ----- (fill in the blanks) mare. Hinnies are just the opposite - a stallion ----- (fill in the blanks) crossed to a ------ (fill in the blanks) jennet.

Clue: donkey and horse
Next time prepare your lessons in advance. The cross you refer was again purposely done. You missed the point too.

:biggrin

Gary said:
Atheists waste a lot of time on Christian forums proving to us how much time they waste on Christian forums.

But atheists don't necessarily have to worry about wasting time. So even if they are... But a Christian, however, well shouldn't they be committed to spending their time in a constructive way? Would God want them to waste time?

And we can see that many Christians are indeed wasting time here. They come to a discussion forum, when they are completely incapable of proper discussion!

DivineNames said:
Gary said:

But atheists don't necessarily have to worry about wasting time. So even if they are... But a Christian, however, well shouldn't they be committed to spending their time in a constructive way? Would God want them to waste time?

And we can see that many Christians are indeed wasting time here. They come to a discussion forum, when they are completely incapable of proper discussion!

All Christians are given the previledge to defend their faith for the Lord. I may not do the exact way many people approve of but I do not let anyone intimidate me. :biggrin

Re: amazing

reznwerks said:
ChristineES said:
You missed the point. The examples you use were purposely done.

So?
It proves it can be done. It proves that two different animals were able to be crossed. Whether it was purposely done is irrelevent to me.

Yes many things can be done, but only as far as God allows. He set a system in place that you cannot go beyond. So 2 different types of Bears mating and producing, is within God's system of things, or it would not happen. Now a Monkey and a Frog can't mate and produce. But 2 different types of Monkeys might be able to.

I see Divine has resorted to the "hypocrisy" card. :roll:

We Christians are encouraged to fellowship with eath other. That is one of the reasons why we are here. Lets not bring up proper discussion either. :-?

DivineNames said:
Gary said:

But atheists don't necessarily have to worry about wasting time.
Why is that? On the contrary atheists know that when the time is up it's really up. We don't think there is any grass on the other side of the hill. So we consider our time a little more valuable.

So even if they are... But a Christian, however, well shouldn't they be committed to spending their time in a constructive way? Would God want them to waste time?
It depends on what your definition of "constructive" is and what would God consider constructive and how would you know? You could actually use this subject as another post.

They are trying though.

vic said:
We Christians are encouraged to fellowship with eath other. That is one of the reasons why we are here. Lets not bring up proper discussion either. :-?

Fellowship? Don't you end up attacking each other a fair amount?

And the fact is, many Christians simply aren't able to participate in adult discussion. It is beyond them. And so they certainly waste their time here.

And what does that say about Christians? :roll:

Re: amazing

ChristineES said:
[

So?
It proves it can be done. It proves that two different animals were able to be crossed. Whether it was purposely done is irrelevent to me.

I didn't say it couldn't be done and science didn't say it wouldn't work. Go back to what the bible said.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back