Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

effective prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

snowfloater

We must gain revelation from the Holy Spirit on any and all scripture for it to be used effectively in prayer. We must ask for the Spirit of revelation as we meditate on the Word to gain the faith that is required to pray effectively. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Hearing by the word of God is the revelation I am speaking of. To hear by the Word of God we must hear the word of God. I believe this means we should read the Bible out loud, seek relationships with people who speak the Word to us, and listen to teachers that teach the Bible. None of this comes to pure fruition without the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation that God gives us, when asked, without reproach. To receive that revelation I am speaking of also takes diligently seeking it. He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Our reward for diligent meditation on, assiduously hearing and continuously asking Him about His word is the faith that is required for our prayers to be effective. Asking God for something…anything has no effect unless asked in pure faith being certain of the unseen answer. That certainty is our reward for diligently seeking Him, and the answer He gives us is not for us alone but for the sphere of influence He has given us. I recently heard a sermon where they said that God always answers prayer…yes, no, or not yet. I have to disagree. If He said it in His word then the only reason we don’t receive His promise is because we are asking for the wrong reasons, we are asking in the wrong way, or we ask without having received revelation of the scripture we are praying for. If we have gained the reward of revelation in a specific aspect of Jesus, our motives are for the proliferation of His will, and we ask according to how the Word tells us to ask then His answer is always yes. Then comes the time to let patience have its good work and be tireless in our thanksgiving for that unseen thing.
God has blessed us all to be a blessing. I hope your enjoying His blessings.
Peace and love to you all,
Snowfloater

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back