Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Election/predestined

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MickeyDD

The words are in the Bible and must be addressed. This is actually a short non exhaustive summary of the subject. I hope it helps
THE ETERNAL PURPOSE OF GOD
An Exegesis of the Full Scope of the Doctrine of Predestination
CALLING - No man can come to me, except the Father which sent me draw him ( or call him): and I will raise him up in the last day. No man can come to Christ except it were given unto him of the Father John 6:44, 65. They can only come at His invitation. All that the Father gives me shall come unto me; and him that comes to me I will [never], in no wise cast out. 6:37
Now the question isn’t if you accept Christ, the question is have you been called? Most churches get this backwards. The paradox is you actually have to be saved, or appointed, before you believe. Acts 13:48 states as many as were ordained (tassō - assigned or appointed) to eternal life believed. Christian calling involves divine appointment! That can’t be understood or apprehended because of our limited human mind. All linked doctrine present difficulties that are unsolvable by the finite mind. Do you have a divine appointment?
There are two calls. The inward call – God calls you in saving grace, and the outward call – the Christian spreading the gospel.
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Faithful is He that calls you, who also will do it. What will He do? Verse 23, The God of peace sanctify you wholly; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Co 1:9 ; 1Thess 5:23,24. Peter also wrote the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, [ will Himself ] make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: called to be saints. 1Pet 5:10 ; Rom 1:6,7b
SAINTS – In the original Greek language the word “saints” needs close attention. The words saints, sanctify, sanctification and holy in the NT all have the root word in the original Greek: hagi. The verb form refers to the act of the Holy Spirit setting apart for God the sinner who has been elected to salvation, taking him out of his fallen state and placing him in Christ Jesus. Therefore, a set apart person consecrated for God. This position by mere definition demands a separation of life from the worldly and all that is evil. As Paul exhorted, encouraged and testified to the Thessalonians: to the end that they should walk worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory 1Thess 2:11b,12. The noun form is the person that is set apart for God. Holy (hagios) means to be set apart for God but involves not just imputed righteousness and purity but actively manifested in the one set apart. If your life is no different now than before becoming a Christian, the question isn’t if you have lost your salvation, but one of ever having a true saving faith at all.
CHOSEN - Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen (eklegomai ) us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him…. in love. Eklegomai – to select out for oneself. Implies a precision cutting out of. The word ‘xacto knife’ is derived from the Greek root. The Biblico Theological Lexicon defines the word in the case of individual sinners as selected out from among mankind for a definite calling, an appointment for a certain object or goal. The called according to His purpose as in Romans 8:28. We are chosen “in the LORD”, chosen to salvation and chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God has from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Th 2:13,14. According to the word of God we are vessels of mercy, which He prepared before for glory. And there are also vessels of wrath “fitted” for destruction. Romans 9:22,23
Jesus said we have not chosen Him but He has chosen us, ordained us and chosen out of the world. John 15:16,19
ELECT - Elect (eklektos) according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit. 1Pet 1:2a. Elect and chosen are forms of the same Greek word. Ekletos – “selected out ones”. This selection is ‘according’ to the foreordination of God the Father. The Holy Spirit brings the sinner to the act of faith, God the Son cleanses (saves) him. * This selection was prior to the calling.
Divine election was accomplished in eternity past. It’s important to contemplate and have at least a basic anthropomorphic understanding that ALL THINGS related to the entire scope of human history including present and future were determined in the eternal councils of God before man was ever created Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling—not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the ages of time 2Ti 1:9. It is outside of time and Gods council and will are immutable. Hebrews 11:3 states that God “framed the ages” – adjusted, fit and prepared! God has decreed a divine program for the ages.
FOREKNOWLEDGE – It is difficult for the finite human mind to understand that which is so far beyond human reasoning. Be that as it may, the truth stands that God knew beforehand every detail in the universe from beginning to end. The foreknowledge of God is more than knowing future events but involves what God has purposed in Himself in His sovereign will to bring to pass. To think of it as only knowledge in advance is to have a low concept of God. It involves Gods eternal plan. Gods foreknowing includes an advanced determination (in eternity past) of the eternal plan of God that will be carried through and come to pass. Everything God purposes and decrees comes to pass. It is not just the ability to see the future and course of events as a mere onlooker but is involves Gods divine program for the ages. The foreknowledge of God has a direct connection to predestination regarding those called to salvation.
Foreknown - Before I formed you in the belly I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed you... I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are your works; and my soul knows right well. My substance was not hid from you, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: Jer 1:5 ; Psa 139:15 -18
Paul said that God separated him from his mother's womb, and called him by His grace. (Gal 1:15). Just as foreknowledge, being foreknown is linked to predestination. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate. Romans 8:29, 30 sums up all of these great doctrine
PREDESTINATION/PREDESTINED - having predestined [foreordained] us unto adoption as sons through Jesus Christ unto himself, according to the good pleasure of his will; Eph 1:5. Having predestinated when speaking of a person means to determine his destiny beforehand: meaning this predestination precedes history. It is the same word translated foreordained. It is God determining before the ages of time, appointing to a future destination. The question is, what are the objects of the calling foreordained to? Unto the adoption of sons. This predestination/foreordaining of the called, selecting out, had in view the act of God placing the selected out ones as adult sons and into the “household” of God. Lewis S Chafer put it this way; “The truth that God determines what shall be before it comes to pass”. We are also predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son. Rom8:28,29a.
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; 1John 3:1,2a
ROMANS 8:29, 30 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. Notice everything God has done for the believer is in past tense and viewed as already accomplished! This is probably the boldest, most outstanding verse in the Bible. You’re called because you are predestined; and if you’re called you’re justified – an ungodly person that’s redeemed, and you are also glorified. Salvation begins with God as He initiates the process by making alive those who are dead in sin.

but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love that he loved us with, even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ ! Eph 2:4,5. I was dead and was made alive by Christ – with that new life I then believed in Him! John 5:24 can be interpreted as: He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, [does so because he] has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with [Christ] freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifies. Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other [created thing], shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8:31-39).
The sum of the linked doctrines is all inclusive and applies to sonship and by mere logic of sonship, salvation, life and service. The Bible says we have a LIVING HOPE and we are kept and guarded by the power of God through faith unto salvation 1Pet 1:5

-

The words are in the Bible and must be addressed. This is actually a short non exhaustive summary of the subject. I hope it helps
THE ETERNAL PURPOSE OF GOD
An Exegesis of the Full Scope of the Doctrine of Predestination
CALLING - No man can come to me, except the Father which sent me draw him ( or call him): and I will raise him up in the last day. No man can come to Christ except it were given unto him of the Father John 6:44, 65. They can only come at His invitation. All that the Father gives me shall come unto me; and him that comes to me I will [never], in no wise cast out. 6:37
Now the question isn’t if you accept Christ, the question is have you been called? Most churches get this backwards. The paradox is you actually have to be saved, or appointed, before you believe. Acts 13:48 states as many as were ordained (tassō - assigned or appointed) to eternal life believed. Christian calling involves divine appointment! That can’t be understood or apprehended because of our limited human mind. All linked doctrine present difficulties that are unsolvable by the finite mind. Do you have a divine appointment?
There are two calls. The inward call – God calls you in saving grace, and the outward call – the Christian spreading the gospel.
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Faithful is He that calls you, who also will do it. What will He do? Verse 23, The God of peace sanctify you wholly; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Co 1:9 ; 1Thess 5:23,24. Peter also wrote the God of all grace, who has called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, [ will Himself ] make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: called to be saints. 1Pet 5:10 ; Rom 1:6,7b
SAINTS – In the original Greek language the word “saints” needs close attention. The words saints, sanctify, sanctification and holy in the NT all have the root word in the original Greek: hagi. The verb form refers to the act of the Holy Spirit setting apart for God the sinner who has been elected to salvation, taking him out of his fallen state and placing him in Christ Jesus. Therefore, a set apart person consecrated for God. This position by mere definition demands a separation of life from the worldly and all that is evil. As Paul exhorted, encouraged and testified to the Thessalonians: to the end that they should walk worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory 1Thess 2:11b,12. The noun form is the person that is set apart for God. Holy (hagios) means to be set apart for God but involves not just imputed righteousness and purity but actively manifested in the one set apart. If your life is no different now than before becoming a Christian, the question isn’t if you have lost your salvation, but one of ever having a true saving faith at all.
CHOSEN - Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen (eklegomai ) us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him…. in love. Eklegomai – to select out for oneself. Implies a precision cutting out of. The word ‘xacto knife’ is derived from the Greek root. The Biblico Theological Lexicon defines the word in the case of individual sinners as selected out from among mankind for a definite calling, an appointment for a certain object or goal. The called according to His purpose as in Romans 8:28. We are chosen “in the LORD”, chosen to salvation and chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God has from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Th 2:13,14. According to the word of God we are vessels of mercy, which He prepared before for glory. And there are also vessels of wrath “fitted” for destruction. Romans 9:22,23
Jesus said we have not chosen Him but He has chosen us, ordained us and chosen out of the world. John 15:16,19
ELECT - Elect (eklektos) according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit. 1Pet 1:2a. Elect and chosen are forms of the same Greek word. Ekletos – “selected out ones”. This selection is ‘according’ to the foreordination of God the Father. The Holy Spirit brings the sinner to the act of faith, God the Son cleanses (saves) him. * This selection was prior to the calling.
Divine election was accomplished in eternity past. It’s important to contemplate and have at least a basic anthropomorphic understanding that ALL THINGS related to the entire scope of human history including present and future were determined in the eternal councils of God before man was ever created Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling—not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the ages of time 2Ti 1:9. It is outside of time and Gods council and will are immutable. Hebrews 11:3 states that God “framed the ages” – adjusted, fit and prepared! God has decreed a divine program for the ages.
FOREKNOWLEDGE – It is difficult for the finite human mind to understand that which is so far beyond human reasoning. Be that as it may, the truth stands that God knew beforehand every detail in the universe from beginning to end. The foreknowledge of God is more than knowing future events but involves what God has purposed in Himself in His sovereign will to bring to pass. To think of it as only knowledge in advance is to have a low concept of God. It involves Gods eternal plan. Gods foreknowing includes an advanced determination (in eternity past) of the eternal plan of God that will be carried through and come to pass. Everything God purposes and decrees comes to pass. It is not just the ability to see the future and course of events as a mere onlooker but is involves Gods divine program for the ages. The foreknowledge of God has a direct connection to predestination regarding those called to salvation.
Foreknown - Before I formed you in the belly I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed you... I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are your works; and my soul knows right well. My substance was not hid from you, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: Jer 1:5 ; Psa 139:15 -18
Paul said that God separated him from his mother's womb, and called him by His grace. (Gal 1:15). Just as foreknowledge, being foreknown is linked to predestination. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate. Romans 8:29, 30 sums up all of these great doctrine
PREDESTINATION/PREDESTINED - having predestined [foreordained] us unto adoption as sons through Jesus Christ unto himself, according to the good pleasure of his will; Eph 1:5. Having predestinated when speaking of a person means to determine his destiny beforehand: meaning this predestination precedes history. It is the same word translated foreordained. It is God determining before the ages of time, appointing to a future destination. The question is, what are the objects of the calling foreordained to? Unto the adoption of sons. This predestination/foreordaining of the called, selecting out, had in view the act of God placing the selected out ones as adult sons and into the “household” of God. Lewis S Chafer put it this way; “The truth that God determines what shall be before it comes to pass”. We are also predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son. Rom8:28,29a.
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; 1John 3:1,2a
ROMANS 8:29, 30 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. Notice everything God has done for the believer is in past tense and viewed as already accomplished! This is probably the boldest, most outstanding verse in the Bible. You’re called because you are predestined; and if you’re called you’re justified – an ungodly person that’s redeemed, and you are also glorified. Salvation begins with God as He initiates the process by making alive those who are dead in sin.
Very nice. All Christians rejoice in these truths. They are a great blessing to the church all through history.

but God, being rich in mercy, for his great love that he loved us with, even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ ! Eph 2:4,5. I was dead and was made alive by Christ – with that new life I then believed in Him! John 5:24 can be interpreted as: He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, [does so because he] has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with [Christ] freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifies. Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other [created thing], shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8:31-39).
The sum of the linked doctrines is all inclusive and applies to sonship and by mere logic of sonship, salvation, life and service. The Bible says we have a LIVING HOPE and we are kept and guarded by the power of God through faith unto salvation 1Pet 1:5

-
Ye...solid post and refreshing at a time when many are estranged from these truths.:clap

Ye...solid post and refreshing at a time when many are estranged from these truths.:clap
I taught this to a mens group and one of the teachers asked for a copy. Said he had never heard these things before. I was surprised, since he was a Bible teacher, he hadn't heard such fundamentals

I taught this to a mens group and one of the teachers asked for a copy. Said he had never heard these things before. I was surprised, since he was a Bible teacher, he hadn't heard such fundamentals
I see this in many places.
Churches has gotten away from the Historic confessions of faith.
Many here do not understand Apostolic Uniqueness.
Some see no need for being part of the Church that Jesus loved and died for.
The Church is growing well over seas, but here the churches are in declension.

I see this in many places.
Churches has gotten away from the Historic confessions of faith.
Many here do not understand Apostolic Uniqueness.
Some see no need for being part of the Church that Jesus loved and died for.
The Church is growing well over seas, but here the churches are in declension.
www.sermonaudio.com contains over 2million free sermons

First Corinthians chapter 2, the mystery of God is hidden from most people. The fake religious leaders wouldn't have crucified Jesus if they understood God's eternal plan. Psalm 25:14. The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him; Fear is reverend. The secret is secret counsel. God put the spirit of stupor on many people for different reasons. God's Election know what the mystery of God is. One third of God's children followed satan in first earth age. Instead of destroying one third of His children, every one is born one time in the flesh, to decide whether to follow satan or Jesus. John chapter 3 and Jeremiah chapter 4 to document this. What's real sad is, the one third are dummy's, and will worship satan as antichrist at the 6th trump, revelation chapter 13. Revelation chapter 20, this is last shot for the one third during millennium. Were in our spirtual bodys. At end of millennium, satan will test the one third again. Their 3 time loser's. Many will declare satan their king. Get the picture. Gods Elect are already judged from first earth age, romans chapter 8. The election are predestined to reign with Jesus during the millennium, first Peter chapter 1, and ephesians chapter 1. The one third are bunch of screw ups. The holy spirit is priceless. God won't give many people the holy spirit. Psalm 49:19. He shall go to the generations of his fathers; They shall never see the light. Real sad story. Many people at the end of millennium will follow satan into lake of fire. Some will have eternal life.

Back