Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Encouraging Verses

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure..... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
As a father guides his own son or daughter
What happens if the son or daughter does not take heed unto the advice
of their father .
So too will occur to the soul that does not take heed unto the one
who is able indeed to keep them from falling .
I want us all to ponder on this .
Me being an earthly parent gave my own son specific warnings
on what to do and what not to do . I gave them
for the good of each child . What occurs if i tell a child
to never skate on thin ice
and yet the child decides to skate on thin ice and the ice breaks
through and the child drowns and dies .
Was i at fault . NOPE . The child that decided to heed its own desires
is at fault .
I bring this up , cause JESUS said very , very specifically
that those who hear and do HIS sayings were wise
those who heard only and yet did not , HAD no foundation
and the end is destruction .
WHY do we think paul warned the church so often .
Paul , a man changed by grace , made sure to tell often and often to tell
the church that ye are saved by faith in Christ , also warned the church
JESUS is no license to sin . That if one aint a doer of the word
his faith is dead . Yeah i know james said that
but let me show us where paul did too .
IF any Provides not , now that would be a DOING action
hearing from the LORD and DOING what HE said ,
if any provides not and specially for those of his own household
GUESS what HE JUST DENIED , THE FAITH . HE has Denied the FAITH
and is worse than an infidel .
Two things , by grace and by grace alone , have i learned .
And that is this . number one , FAITH without works is truly dead
and works without faith is just as dead .

Notice the key words . HOPE IN WHOM . In this world and its cares and pleasures in life , OR is it HOPE IN GOD .
Ponder on that deeply . cause i see a lot of folks who have hope in this world
and they try and bring this kind of hope into the church and make it seem
likes its hoping in GOD and in CHRIST .
WHEN the LORD strips away the things of this world
we will see and learn WHO we should have hoped in and trusted in .
Where is our hope really . Now i ask this as an innocent question
and in hopes that people will really ponder and think on this .
How come when times seem good , folks seem lit up with hope
and yet when times are bad and they suffer loss they seem to have no hope .
YET even the apostles , SANG IN PRISON . SANG and REJOICE
when they were beaten for JESUS and suffered LOSS FOR JESUS .
SO my question is , WHERE IS OUR HOPE REALLY .
This question is not evil to ask , its not accusing to ask it
its just a question i want every man , woman and child to ponder on .
and PONDER ON it indeed .
WHERE Is our hope really . IS it in men , in politics , in science
in wealth , in easy times , OR was it and is it IN GOD , in CHRIST ALONE .
This question is not evil to ask , NOR did i condmen anyone by asking it
NOR did i accuse anyone by asking it . I just asked the simple question .
WHERE IS our hope . Is it above , or is it here on this earth .

Thank you for the welcome, Sister.

Another hope we have in Jesus Christ below for those confused for why they sin.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
no carnal man can understand his errors .
But a lamb can . cause a lamb truly does have the SPIRIT
and the SPIRIT truly does convict us of sin and error .
This lamb has no peace in an evil thought , this lamb
has no rest in trouble waters . WHEN my own flesh
brings an evil thought into my head , i find no peace in that thought
but i do find conviction by the SPIRIT of said thought .
I pray to GOD and to GOD i pray that folks can see the simplicity in that .
I once lived a life of sin and walked on a cloud of false hope
and false joy and false peace while even in sin .
Though at that time i could claim to KNOW CHRIST
I did not . I partied and loved it , i chased after women and slept around
and yet my lips at times could claim i knew JESUS . BUT where was
the evidence of what i said . Cause my fruits, that is my actions , bore testimony and record
against me that i was false . Nothing but a lip service man with a heart far from
him . I STILL praise GOD for the day HE DID truly draw me to CHRIST
and truly did change me . Sin became exceedingly sinful to me
i loved truth and now hated the sin . SO why do folks tell us
that folks who willfully sin , AS I DID , who claim even other gods
KNOW CHRIST . WHEN IN Truth they as bad as i once was and just as lost .
I have come and come by the same grace that both saved me and changed me ,
to remind all , WE BETTER KNOW what JESUS we follow
we better know what SPIRIT we follow . WE better KNOW what GOD we follow
cause satan can lip words and names and yet presents
to us another version to decieve us and hold us in captivity and bondage to sin
and to the love of self .

As a father guides his own son or daughter
What happens if the son or daughter does not take heed unto the advice
of their father .
So too will occur to the soul that does not take heed unto the one
who is able indeed to keep them from falling .
I want us all to ponder on this .
Do consider the prodigal son. He gave up his inheritance for wild living and winded up destitute. Yet he will return and be accepted by the father because he is still son.

Now that father went into the field where the loyal elder son was working. The father explained to the son that all that he has was his, which is indicative as not being the same with the prodigal son for he can never get his first inheritance back.

Hence there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth of those unrepentant carnal saints & former believers left behind. That loss will be son keen that God has to wipe the tears from their eyes to get past that loss to serve the King of kings on earth after the great tribulation when they are resurrected as vessels unto dishonor in His House ( hence the prodigal son ) to be vessels of wood & earth as serving the King of kins on earth.

So yes, there is a consequence for unrepentant carnal saints & former believers if they do not heed the call to go to Jesus for help to discern the lies that turned them away from Him as well as the help to depart from iniquity to be that vessel unto honor in His House and that consequence is to be damned as that vessel unto dishonor but still in His House..

There are consequences for not heeding His words to lean on Him for help in following Him as His disciples but the reality about why there are vessels unto dishonor in His House is to testify to the power of God in salvation even for those that believed in His name, even at one time as a former believer for He still abides even though at risk of being denied by him at the rapture event 2 Timothy 2:10-21
Me being an earthly parent gave my own son specific warnings
on what to do and what not to do . I gave them
for the good of each child . What occurs if i tell a child
to never skate on thin ice
and yet the child decides to skate on thin ice and the ice breaks
through and the child drowns and dies .
Was i at fault . NOPE . The child that decided to heed its own desires
is at fault .
I bring this up , cause JESUS said very , very specifically
that those who hear and do HIS sayings were wise
those who heard only and yet did not , HAD no foundation
and the end is destruction .
I believe that foundation laid by Jesus Christ is not going anywhere nor that seal of adoption per 2 Timothy 2:18-21 even for former believers, but the works on that foundation will be judged ( 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 ) in that day ( verse 13 ) when the Bridegroom comes for why many will be left behind to die ( verses 16-17 ) but their spirits will be with the Lord ( verse 15 ) to await their resurrection after the great tribulation.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
WHY do we think paul warned the church so often .
Paul , a man changed by grace , made sure to tell often and often to tell
the church that ye are saved by faith in Christ , also warned the church
JESUS is no license to sin . That if one aint a doer of the word
his faith is dead . Yeah i know james said that
but let me show us where paul did too .
IF any Provides not , now that would be a DOING action
hearing from the LORD and DOING what HE said ,
if any provides not and specially for those of his own household
GUESS what HE JUST DENIED , THE FAITH . HE has Denied the FAITH
and is worse than an infidel .
Two things , by grace and by grace alone , have i learned .
And that is this . number one , FAITH without works is truly dead
and works without faith is just as dead .
On applying James words, James was addressing the church that were disrespecting the poor as the one example was given at James 2:1-10 for how they were mistreating he poor in where they were to sit in church while giving the best seats to the rich.

James went on to address another abuse of the poor by how after church service, the church would voice their faith in God's providence to the poor without leading by example by providing for their immediate needs to prevent starvation & death by the elements. So it was in the eyes of the poor that the church's faith in God's Providence was dead for how can the church's faith in His Providence profit the poor or save the poor seeing how the church was unwilling to meet their immediate needs from the bounty collected at church service?

That was the kind of faith James was talking about in needing works because the church was not leading by example in their faith in God's Providence. James referred to Abraham and Isaac as that story is about faith in God providing for His servants if one reads this below;

Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

The name of that place and that story signifies that James was only referring to faith in God's Providence that requires works as in leading by example to others when declaring it. For James & Paul to share the right hand of fellowship, they cannot be preaching another gospel from each other so one should only apply what faith James was really talking about as requiring works and that is to lead by example in showing your faith in God's promise for others to see that faith to "profit" & to "save" them.

no carnal man can understand his errors .
But a lamb can . cause a lamb truly does have the SPIRIT
and the SPIRIT truly does convict us of sin and error .
This lamb has no peace in an evil thought , this lamb
has no rest in trouble waters . WHEN my own flesh
brings an evil thought into my head , i find no peace in that thought
but i do find conviction by the SPIRIT of said thought .
I pray to GOD and to GOD i pray that folks can see the simplicity in that .
I once lived a life of sin and walked on a cloud of false hope
and false joy and false peace while even in sin .
Though at that time i could claim to KNOW CHRIST
I did not . I partied and loved it , i chased after women and slept around
and yet my lips at times could claim i knew JESUS . BUT where was
the evidence of what i said . Cause my fruits, that is my actions , bore testimony and record
against me that i was false . Nothing but a lip service man with a heart far from
him . I STILL praise GOD for the day HE DID truly draw me to CHRIST
and truly did change me . Sin became exceedingly sinful to me
i loved truth and now hated the sin . SO why do folks tell us
that folks who willfully sin , AS I DID , who claim even other gods
KNOW CHRIST . WHEN IN Truth they as bad as i once was and just as lost .
I have come and come by the same grace that both saved me and changed me ,
to remind all , WE BETTER KNOW what JESUS we follow
we better know what SPIRIT we follow . WE better KNOW what GOD we follow
cause satan can lip words and names and yet presents
to us another version to decieve us and hold us in captivity and bondage to sin
and to the love of self .
Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

So let us call professing but carnal believers & former believers not to be like the prodigal son that are at risk of losing their first inheritance but go to Jesus for help to see the truth as well as seen their need of Him to help the to repent & to follow Him..

20260_ed8f46d9ac4fbf8e698c2210d017923d.png

Do consider the prodigal son. He gave up his inheritance for wild living and winded up destitute. Yet he will return and be accepted by the father because he is still son.

Now that father went into the field where the loyal elder son was working. The father explained to the son that all that he has was his, which is indicative as not being the same with the prodigal son for he can never get his first inheritance back.

Hence there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth of those unrepentant carnal saints & former believers left behind. That loss will be son keen that God has to wipe the tears from their eyes to get past that loss to serve the King of kings on earth after the great tribulation when they are resurrected as vessels unto dishonor in His House ( hence the prodigal son ) to be vessels of wood & earth as serving the King of kins on earth.

So yes, there is a consequence for unrepentant carnal saints & former believers if they do not heed the call to go to Jesus for help to discern the lies that turned them away from Him as well as the help to depart from iniquity to be that vessel unto honor in His House and that consequence is to be damned as that vessel unto dishonor but still in His House..

There are consequences for not heeding His words to lean on Him for help in following Him as His disciples but the reality about why there are vessels unto dishonor in His House is to testify to the power of God in salvation even for those that believed in His name, even at one time as a former believer for He still abides even though at risk of being denied by him at the rapture event 2 Timothy 2:10-21

I believe that foundation laid by Jesus Christ is not going anywhere nor that seal of adoption per 2 Timothy 2:18-21 even for former believers, but the works on that foundation will be judged ( 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 ) in that day ( verse 13 ) when the Bridegroom comes for why many will be left behind to die ( verses 16-17 ) but their spirits will be with the Lord ( verse 15 ) to await their resurrection after the great tribulation.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

On applying James words, James was addressing the church that were disrespecting the poor as the one example was given at James 2:1-10 for how they were mistreating he poor in where they were to sit in church while giving the best seats to the rich.

James went on to address another abuse of the poor by how after church service, the church would voice their faith in God's providence to the poor without leading by example by providing for their immediate needs to prevent starvation & death by the elements. So it was in the eyes of the poor that the church's faith in God's Providence was dead for how can the church's faith in His Providence profit the poor or save the poor seeing how the church was unwilling to meet their immediate needs from the bounty collected at church service?

That was the kind of faith James was talking about in needing works because the church was not leading by example in their faith in God's Providence. James referred to Abraham and Isaac as that story is about faith in God providing for His servants if one reads this below;

Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

The name of that place and that story signifies that James was only referring to faith in God's Providence that requires works as in leading by example to others when declaring it. For James & Paul to share the right hand of fellowship, they cannot be preaching another gospel from each other so one should only apply what faith James was really talking about as requiring works and that is to lead by example in showing your faith in God's promise for others to see that faith to "profit" & to "save" them.
The prodigal was as dead while he lived in sin
as was the widows paul warned about as being dead so long as they lived , in sin .
This is why the church must always warn any in error .
restore such a one . They are in grave and deadly danger
so long as they are in sin . We must never forget that and trade that in
for this false love approach that wont correct fast . As we see today .
Paul , james , jude , peter , even john and JESUS himself
would be seen as non tolerant judgers and haters to this generation .
ALL because they did LOVE and DID have love and that love
was fast to correct and warn .

The prodigal was as dead while he lived in sin
as was the widows paul warned about as being dead so long as they lived , in sin .
This is why the church must always warn any in error .
restore such a one . They are in grave and deadly danger
so long as they are in sin . We must never forget that and trade that in
for this false love approach that wont correct fast . As we see today .
Paul , james , jude , peter , even john and JESUS himself
would be seen as non tolerant judgers and haters to this generation .
ALL because they did LOVE and DID have love and that love
was fast to correct and warn .
Let us cease in this off topic discussion since this is a thread about sharing encouraging verses, okay brother? If you wish to start a thread or a conversation about this topic, God be willing, I shall engage. Just apply a Golgotha to it to tag me to come if it is a thread. Thanks.

Back