Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Enoch/Zadok Calendar 2022-2023

Hi for_his_glory

It's kind of a long teaching really, which is why I avoided it and just uploaded for those who may have already researched it. Lazy, I know!

In short, this one follows the calendar according to the ancient Israelites (pre-Babylon) and maintained by the Zadok priesthood, when they were exiled out of Jerusalem and into Qumran as the hellenised priesthood and calendar took over, around the time of the Maccabees.

I just thought it would be a handy resource for someone wanting to follow it as there aren't many free versions of it out there.

Peace.

Hi for_his_glory

It's kind of a long teaching really, which is why I avoided it and just uploaded for those who may have already researched it. Lazy, I know!

In short, this one follows the calendar according to the ancient Israelites (pre-Babylon) and maintained by the Zadok priesthood, when they were exiled out of Jerusalem and into Qumran as the hellenised priesthood and calendar took over, around the time of the Maccabees.

I just thought it would be a handy resource for someone wanting to follow it as there aren't many free versions of it out there.

Peace.
Many people are not aware of this. The Essenes used this calendar while the Temple used the other.

Understanding this helps to resolve the apparent contradiction of Jesus eating the Passover meal with his disciples in all of the gospels except Johns where Jesus is being crucified while the Passover lamb is being slaughtered.

Exactly stovebolts ! What a pleasure to hear from someone like minded.

May the Most High bless you in the remainder of this year and at the start of the next in just a few days.

Peace

Exactly stovebolts ! What a pleasure to hear from someone like minded.

May the Most High bless you in the remainder of this year and at the start of the next in just a few days.

Peace
And you as well.

I saw something the other day that struck me.
Did you know that currently, it takes an average of 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds for the earth to make one complete rotation? So how do we come to a 24 hour day?
Simple, as we rotate, we also orbit just under 1 degree per day and it takes just under 4 minutes for the earth to come back in alignment with the sun. Hence, our 24 hour day.
Now what’s cool is the moon is actually creating drag on the earth which in effect slowed our rotation down and if that’s not enough, remember that “average” we spoke about a bit ago? Well, the earth orbits the sun in an egg shape which causes our earth to rotate faster or slower depending which season we’re in. Combine that with the moon and it’s effects on the tides, which by they way also effect how fast or slow our earth rotates and it’s kinda amazing.

I’ve been told that the rotation of the earth is actually slowing down, and I have to ask myself how long ago did we have 23 hour days, or even less.

The Lunar calendar accounts for this in the same way we add a leap year here or there. I don’t specifically remember what caused the priests to call a leap year, but I know it had to do with a certain day and where the moon was.

Im certain you know about this. Can you share?

Im certain you know about this. Can you share?
I'm afraid I can't help. But what I do know is that in the Book of Jubilees, which was found with the Dead Sea Scrolls and still in the Ethiopian Canon, interestingly it prophesied...

There will be people who carefully observe the moon with lunar observations because it is corrupt (with respect to) the seasons and is early from year to year by ten days. Therefore, years will come about for them when they will disturb (the year) and make a day of testimony something worthless and a profane day a festival. Everyone will join together both holy days with the profane and the profane day with the holy day, for they will err regarding the months, the sabbaths, the festivals, and the jubilee. (Jubilees 6:36–37)

Back