Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Even a Cave man can do it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Pre-historic? Since history is that which is recorded about the past, sure, there were pre-historic men. I'm sure that man was around for a while before he started recording past events.

Cave-men? Yeah, that too, if by cave-men you mean those who dwelt in caves. 'Smatter of fact, the Indians who used to live on the land that I lived on as a little girl were cave-men and I played in the cave they dwelt in all the time.

Now, if you are speaking of some kind of "pre-human" primate who said things like "ugg" and pounded the ground with sticks, probably not.

handy said:
Pre-historic? Since history is that which is recorded about the past, sure, there were pre-historic men. I'm sure that man was around for a while before he started recording past events.

Cave-men? Yeah, that too, if by cave-men you mean those who dwelt in caves. 'Smatter of fact, the Indians who used to live on the land that I lived on as a little girl were cave-men and I played in the cave they dwelt in all the time.

Now, if you are speaking of some kind of "pre-human" primate who said things like "ugg" and pounded the ground with sticks, probably not.

God told man to "replenish" the earth.

Speaking of "replenishing" the earth. The following is taken from Rev. Finis Dake's book "God's Plan For Man." He claims that there was an pre_Adamite age that extended from the original creation of the heaven and the Earth and that there was a dateless period between Gen. 1:1 and Gen. 1:2.

And this is a direct quote:

"The ante-chaotic Age extended from the original creation of the heavens and the Earth and all things therein to the rebellion and overthrow of the first kosmos, or social order on the Earth. It was the dateless period between Gen. 1:1 and Gen. 1:2 when the Earth was first flooded, destroying all life therein. It takes in that unknown time during which the Earth was in its first perfect state and ruled by Lucifer before he rebelled and caused the Earth to be flooded, as in Gen. 1:2.

In Ezek. 28:11-17 it is stated of Lucifer: "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thous wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." This teaches that there was a period of perfection and sinlessness on the Earth before its curse and chaotic state, as in Gen. 1:2, so we call this period, "The Ante-chaotic Age." During this age spirit beings ruled the Earth and other planets, and it might be called "The Dispensation of Angels." This administration of angels was evidently a moral or probationary period designed to test the angels before trusting them in an eternal state. So we call it a dispensation, which means a moral or probationary period in which God tests free moral agents according to a fixed standard of conduct.

If Lucifer and many other spirit beings had remained true to God, there would have been no universal curse on the Earth and no need for a re-creation of the atmospheric heavens and Earth and life on the planet Earth, as recorded in Gen. 1:3-2:25. In that case man and the present animals on Earth would never have been created."

I'm not saying I'm for or against this theory. I've never studied it out thoroughly. My pastor, while not believing it to be a doctrinal issue, does believe in the pre-Adamite world. And I think there are many who do. It would make an interesting study, and I make take it on some day when I have a lot of time to devote to it.

Have a wonderful, Christ-filled day.

Without putting one's own spin on anything. The Word of God gives us hints once in a while . Most people who read their bibles, do not look for something new and interesting. They look for old reliable things that they have come to know and understand. New understandings ( call them revealings if you like ) are only new to the hearer. Not new to the scriptures, as they have always been there.

The word - "replenish" has always been in Gen. 1:28 , but overlooked, or just plain ignored, because of one's present belief.

A simple understanding of this word - "replenish", is to replace something that was previously there. The item does not have to be exactly the same, but similar. Like a lawn mower. Today, our lawn mowers are engine powered and most are riders. But 90 years ago, most were push lawn mowers. The power came from the person pushing it. Today, we ride, and the engine provides the power.

If someone has been selling lawn mowers for nearly 100 years. They "replenish" their line of lawn mowers with the newer brand. Looking back nearly 100 years, one would have to be in better physical shape to mow one's lawn. Today, you can be fat, overweight, lazy, and do not have to lift anything that is over a one pound cheese burger, in order to mow your lawn.

This earth is very old, but how old, only God knows.

But the hints from within the Word of God tells us that life was here on this planet prior to Adam , and the animals and plant life that God created and made from Gen. 1:7 up until Gen. 2:25.

For the things that God made, are the things that God did not have to create. Anything that God created, didn't exist in its present form or shape of life prior to God creating it. This is the difference between God making , or setting something, and God creating something.

When God created the Heaven and the Earth. Neither a heaven nor an Earth ever existed before. This is why God created both. And this is why God did not "make" the heaven or the earth.

When God created the Heaven, it was not a vast empty piece of space with nothing there whatsoever. God put life within Heaven. Himself and the angels. The same holds true with when God created the earth.

But for the most part, people either refuse to accept certain hints of truth, because it means that one would have to renew one's mind to this truth. Or they are blinded by their ignorance to remain ignorant.

Even the Apostle Paul told the Church, that if someone wants to remain ignorant, let them remain ignorant. This means that nothing should be force fed. Acceptance is the desire to search out and find the truths, even if they are only these little hints from within the Word of God. God is a God of life. (hint)

Where God is, there is life. Where God creates, his creation has life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back