Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] ever look at a fruit?

I

Imagican

How could ANYONE look at the perfection of a piece of fruit and think that it 'just happened'? Why would that be? Why wouldn't we simply be eating the most simple and primitive food that exists? Why would fruit 'evolve' into something so beautiful, pleasant smelling, and tasty? Seems kinda obvious when you think about it don't it?

So, here's to fruit and to our God who loved us enough to give us such wonderous food. (Sure beats Soylent Green). he he he

Imagican said:
How could ANYONE look at the perfection of a piece of fruit and think that it 'just happened'? Why would that be? Why wouldn't we simply be eating the most simple and primitive food that exists? Why would fruit 'evolve' into something so beautiful, pleasant smelling, and tasty? Seems kinda obvious when you think about it don't it?

So, here's to fruit and to our God who loved us enough to give us such wonderous food. (Sure beats Soylent Green). he he he
Um, your logic doesn't work, and is just so incredibly anthropic its silly. Fruit smells good because animals and plants have evolved together in such a way that they provide us with nourishment if we carry off their seeds for them to deposit them elsewhere. They smell and taste good because they are good to eat and we animals have evolved to enjoy eating. Our noses and tastebuds pick up certain chemicals in the food and tell our brains that it is pleasurable. That's why things that tend to be bad for us taste bad, so our bodies react against consuming them.

MMMM! Way to go fruit!

WAApplelygusdamage.jpg

leafroller3.jpg

img009.jpg

PICT0049.jpeg

now, I can't remember the name of this last fruit, But they had it in costa-rica, and the tour guide cut one open and let everyoen taste it. EWE! it was disgusting!!!!
He enjoyed it though.

I think the last one is a Durian.

I am suprised that he never claimed that a banana :

1. Is shaped for the human hand
2. Has a non-slip surface
3. Has outward indicators of inward contents (green = too early, yellow = just right, black = too late)
4. Has a tab for the removal of the wrapper
5. Is perforated on wrapper
6. Biodegradable wrapper
7. Is shaped for the mouth
8. Has a point at top for ease of entry
9. Is pleasing to taste buds
10. Is curved towards the face to make eating process easy

Of course everyone already knows that # 10 only applies to right handed people. Us lefties have to contend with bananas facing away from the face :sad .

I don't see why the following is so hard to grasp

God created nature, evolution is a part of nature, therefore God created evolution.

p.s. Mangoes are my fav.

Don't eat the fruit from the Cerbera odollam (suicide) tree. It is fatally poisonous.

03031818.jpg

Eat this fruit. Go on I dare you, it will make you real smart.

eves_temptation.jpg

And I guess these fruits were SO smart that they developed their colors of choice as well. Thinking 'wow, if I color myself REAL pretty, someone will eat me and then drop my seeds so I can reproduce. Yeah, yeah, that's it, reproduction. And, if I can get them ALL to eat me and drop the seeds EVERYWHERE, eventually we CAN RULE THE WORLD. Just US APPLES!!!! So, now we must figure out how to stop them from eating grapes'.

Well, I guess those that 'don't get it' simply 'won't get it'. Too bad.

Nice try though Vortex. I guess to those that are unable to see the truth, your explanation is as good as any.

'Fruit with brains, that's just nuts, or do they have brains too'? he he he.

Oh yeah, and your explanation explains why I dislike onions and brussel sprouts? Or carrots or....................................................................................................................................................And I have YET to smell anything that smells much worse than a cabbage patch. Mmmmmmmmmm mmmm mmm. The smell of sewer in the morning, makes me SO hungry.

Imagican said:

"Perfection" is "mans" definition and appreciation and nothing more. The values you use are only valued by man. I don't know what you are referring to as obvious. It just is. Be happy with it.

Wow, and that leads into another topic. Why JUST man? Why don't any other animals understand what man does? Funny that man would be the ONLY evolved animal on the planet that has abilities that COMPLETELY dwarf EVERYTHING else. And, that five thousand years ago, we realized that we had COMPLETE dominion over this planet and EVERYTHING ON IT. No, we can't controll the planet itself, but we certainly have dominion over every form of life on it, so far. So, how did Moses know this five thousand years ago and with such a limited knowledge of the 'rest' of the world?

Imagican said:
Wow, and that leads into another topic. Why JUST man? Why don't any other animals understand what man does? Funny that man would be the ONLY evolved animal on the planet that has abilities that COMPLETELY dwarf EVERYTHING else. And, that five thousand years ago, we realized that we had COMPLETE dominion over this planet and EVERYTHING ON IT. No, we can't controll the planet itself, but we certainly have dominion over every form of life on it, so far. So, how did Moses know this five thousand years ago and with such a limited knowledge of the 'rest' of the world?

Our abilities completely dwarf other creatures? We have dominion over everything? Go poke a lion at the zoo and tell me just how overpowering our abilities are. That is, if you are only mauled to a critical condition before the trainer can subdue it rather than killed.

Imagican said:
And I guess these fruits were SO smart that they developed their colors of choice as well. Thinking 'wow, if I color myself REAL pretty, someone will eat me and then drop my seeds so I can reproduce. Yeah, yeah, that's it, reproduction. And, if I can get them ALL to eat me and drop the seeds EVERYWHERE, eventually we CAN RULE THE WORLD. Just US APPLES!!!! So, now we must figure out how to stop them from eating grapes'.

I don't even know if this should be considered a strawman or deliberately being obtuse. Are you a highschool grad, because I know that you would have been required to take at least basic biology to get a diploma. You know, Gregor Mendel and the pea plants, dominant inheritted characteristics, all that stuff? If not, then I apologize for making that assumption.

evolution

Imagican said:
It is the evolution of mans brain that has made us special. If it weren't for the brain of man we might not have survived at all. As to why JUST man, the answer is just because. To think anything more is to bring mans ego into it. Why the ego? Just because. If you want to call it funny , then laugh. It just is. You don't need a reason and there doesn't have to be. We have dominion because, again it's our ego speaking and our brain. We can out think most other animals if not all.

We hardly have dominion over viruses like Hanta, Lassa, Ebola or HIV - and they barely even qualify as life!

Humans only dominate in terms of intelligence. In terms of physical strength, ability to kill, ability to survive in nature and the like, we suck.

Of course, humans can be glad, because they were a good investment. Intelligence wins in the long run! At least until the intelligence leads to the self-termination of the species! Since humans have used their intelligence to create weapons capable of essentially destroying self and planet, there is a downside(I am of the opinion that intelligent species waging war and killing themselves makes perfect sense). Now, on topic....

I like banannas.

Just a general reply to all .

(disclaimer >>> just my opinion not an attack)

There is no "evolution" only ADAPTATION.

There is a GOD who CREATED everything.

Believe in the Lord JESUS and you shall be saved.

song >>> "GOD so loved the world, that HE gave his one and only SON, that whosoever believed in HIM, would not perish but have
everlasting life."

If you are a Christian, the word "evolution" is a blasphemous word.

evidence

another dave said:
Just a general reply to all .

(disclaimer >>> just my opinion not an attack)

There is no "evolution" only ADAPTATION.

There is a GOD who CREATED everything.
Then you should have no problem showing us where he is.

Believe in the Lord JESUS and you shall be saved.

song >>> "GOD so loved the world, that HE gave his one and only SON, that whosoever believed in HIM, would not perish but have
everlasting life."
God gave his only son to whom?

If you are a Christian, the word "evolution" is a blasphemous word.
I am inclined to agree with you on that one.

moniker said:
Imagican said:

Our abilities completely dwarf other creatures? We have dominion over everything? Go poke a lion at the zoo and tell me just how overpowering our abilities are. That is, if you are only mauled to a critical condition before the trainer can subdue it rather than killed.

Ok, you silly man. What if I DO choose to poke that lion in the nose with a 30 06 and then gently pull the trigger? So you see, that I certainly have an edge, (get it), over his comparatively benign canines. Or I could offer that this lion in the zoo IS in a MAN MADE cage. Or I could offer that................................... NEXT!!!

Thanks Vic, ehhh, ehhh, wise guy, eh? I needed that,

No, really, isn't it amazing that, not only are we 'provided' food, (at least until our numbers outstripped the demand for it), but it's form is such that we don't only obtain nutrition and healt from it, but it is also appealing to the senses. So much so, that it becomes completely obvious in it's beauty by it's use in art and the trees and shrubs that we use to decorate.

Just look at the grape and the olive. Absolutely amazing fruit. The versatility of thier uses. If we could only have been satisfied with such. What a world it would be.

And, look at the ability that these have allowed us to sustain even such a large population. If used properly, there would be NO hunger. What has been offered in nature and a bit of faith and paradise could exist right this very moment. Of course it would take each and every one of us exhibiting this faith, but what if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Imagican said:
No, really, isn't it amazing that, not only are we 'provided' food, (at least until our numbers outstripped the demand for it), but it's form is such that we don't only obtain nutrition and healt from it, but it is also appealing to the senses. So much so, that it becomes completely obvious in it's beauty by it's use in art and the trees and shrubs that we use to decorate.

There are many edible substances that are pretty darned ugly, yet extremely tasty. Also, there are tons of flowers that far exceed the beauty of an apple, but those aren't edible. Butterflies are beautiful, but I don't suppose they taste very good. In fact, in the animal world, bright, beautiful colors are typically a way of conveying that something is either extremely poisonous, or just plain tastes bad.

The fact that there exists one type of edible substance that happens to also be really pretty is unsurprising, whether evolution or creationism is true. Either way, you have to also account for the pretty inedible things, and the ugly tasty things.

Back