Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] ever look at a fruit?

You can measure wind, and explain why wind occurs through math, through science.

Measure god. Measure Jesus's Love. show me through math, or science, or photo's or video, that he exists.

Wind is a manmade word to describe a natural occurance.

God, is a manmade diety, to describe what we can't explain (until we then can explain it)
atleast, thats most non theists opinion.

peace4all said:
You can measure wind, and explain why wind occurs through math, through science.

Measure god. Measure Jesus's Love. show me through math, or science, or photo's or video, that he exists.

God, is a manmade diety, to describe what we can't explain (until we then can explain it)

he said show him God, i said show me wind. the evidence of both of em is totaly diffirant.
you can explain to me all day long the evidence of wind and i in returen could explain to you all day long the evidence of God.
you cant measure love, happieness or joy, but im sure those that dont believe in God believe in those. why? because they have experianced it. so they dont need it to be able to be measured through math to accept it.
the same way with Him that is in us. we have already experianced Him so we dont need math or science to explain it to us.
i do agree about not being able to explain God or to even fully comprehend Him or It.
the main point was he said show him where God is.
i asked him to show me where the wind is.
you cant see wind just like you cant see God. but you can feel them both and you can see the evidence them of both.
some just choose not to accept it.

jive said:
peace4all said:

he said show him God, i said show me wind. the evidence of both of em is totaly diffirant.
you can explain to me all day long the evidence of wind and i in returen could explain to you all day long the evidence of God.
Except the evidence for wind can be verified and measured with instruments.

you cant measure love, happieness or joy, but im sure those that dont believe in God believe in those. why? because they have experianced it. so they dont need it to be able to be measured through math to accept it.
Emotions are really just chemical and electrical impulses in the brain and in some ways can be measured and even controlled with drugs.

the same way with Him that is in us. we have already experianced Him so we dont need math or science to explain it to us.
i do agree about not being able to explain God or to even fully comprehend Him or It.
the main point was he said show him where God is.
i asked him to show me where the wind is.
He did. You can feel it with your skin and measure it with instruments.

you cant see wind just like you cant see God. but you can feel them both and you can see the evidence them of both.
Funny, I don't feel God and I've tried, why is that?
Never heard of anyone not feeling the wind.
It's not about choosing to accept it (I didn't choose the be an atheist), it's that the "evidence" isn't evidence at all. It's opinion based on an emotional need for it the be real. If God was really self evident, there wouldn't be atheists or thousands of different religions worshipping different Gods.

jive said:

A fascinating statement. . . . too bad it's riddled with obvious flaws. Show me ONE person who chooses not to accept that there is wind on our planet! As has been stated, wind is quantifyable. It can be measured on various different levels. God cannot be measured, . . . and a person has only faith to go by with God.

I'm not saying that there's no God. . . . . . I'm pointing out your flawed example. . . . . . . . in love, of course. :)

Orion said:
jive said:

A fascinating statement. . . . too bad it's riddled with obvious flaws. Show me ONE person who chooses not to accept that there is wind on our planet! As has been stated, wind is quantifyable. It can be measured on various different levels. God cannot be measured, . . . and a person has only faith to go by with God.

I'm not saying that there's no God. . . . . . I'm pointing out your flawed example. . . . . . . . in love, of course. :)

whaa?? riddled with obvious flaws? you think so? how can somthing be a riddle and obvious at the same time? anyway let me try a lil harder. you cant see the wind itself. you can see debree in wind. you can see water in wind. the effects of it. wind itself you cannot see. at least ive never seen wind itself. therefore you or any science or math will not be able to show me wind itself. not the evidence of it because i have already experianced the evidance of it. and no math or science is needed. just like love and joy. neither is measurable, but i bet no scientist or athiest will say they dont exist.
im afraid its yours and athiests understanding of it that is flawed. your missing the point. wind itself is not visible there fore you cant show it to me. did i say no person will say there is no such thing as wind? nah i didnt. theres the point you missed. what im saying is i no atheist has had to do scientific research or had to resort to math just to prove that the wind blows and so they now can believe. the have just felt it and accepted it as fact without science. that has nothing to do with weather or not the wind can be measured or studied. it has everything to do with they accepted when the had no scientifical or mathmatical proof of it. that help you understand?

but for us that have felt God, were the feeble minded children and are self delusional. dont realy make much sense that its pefectly normal for them to accept something they cant see but can feel and didnt need to look to science just so they can believe. but for us were loney. i find it funny. it would at least make a little sense if they could or have DISproven the existance of a Devine Creator, or at least come close. they havnt. you would figure as smart as science is and all the years of searching, they would have come up with some kinda explanation for how it all started or at least a hint of it. but all they can say with all there knowladge of everything is that one day there was this big BOOM! no it was a BLAM! no..no...it was more like a BANG!! yea thats it. lol. and then wahlah! there you have it. a big ol BANG!! and here we are. lmao. its kinda like a magic trick. and sounds like something a child would say and the athiests hang on to there every word even when alot of its hypothetical. kinda like science or scientists is their god.

science and math are man made. very useful needless to say. but did you know the first scientist ever were "christians" they didnt go to science for the evidence of God but for a better understanding of Him and His creation.
you said in your above quote..."and a person has only faith to go by with God." and you talk about evidence. did you know that the definition of faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

athiests say show me god, where is he? but they dont realy want to see or they would see. He is everywhere and in everything. and of course with your mind thats not comprehindable, but with the heart is plain as day. but they will get there long awaited chance to see the evidence of God eventualy. and there knees will bow to Him and there toungue will confess to Him. but the sad thing is they will be seperated from Him for eternity.

jive said:
Orion said:
jive said:

whaa?? riddled with obvious flaws? you think so? how can somthing be a riddle and obvious at the same time?

Uh, . . . . :-? . . . . . Maybe you need to look up "riddled" in the dictionary. Oh never mind, I'll do it for you:

v. rid·dled
To pierce with numerous holes; perforate: riddle a target with bullets.

Anyway, . . . the wind is quantifiable. God is not. Apples and Oranges here.

Orion said:
jive said:
Orion said:
jive said:

whaa?? riddled with obvious flaws? you think so? how can somthing be a riddle and obvious at the same time?

Uh, . . . . :-? . . . . . Maybe you need to look up "riddled" in the dictionary. Oh never mind, I'll do it for you:

v. rid·dled
To pierce with numerous holes; perforate: riddle a target with bullets.

Anyway, . . . the wind is quantifiable. God is not. Apples and Oranges here.

lol thats crazy........who was shooting at my post?
and your still missing the point.
the point is, bare with me now, i know this must be getting frustrating.
they believe in the wind because they feel it. they believe without going to there science books and looking up "wind" and researching it.
yea they can say there something blowing on me, let me do some scientific research to find out if what im feeling is real, but they dont, THEY BELIEVE WITHOUT PROOF FIRST. in something they cant see but can feel. how childish and delusional is that??? lol
when you feel something like God, its already beyond needing proof.
and if this about "measuring God" to think that something like God could be measured is just stupid.
that would be like you painting a picture that has thoughts and the picutre is asking itself and other paintings "who painted the one who painted me?"

and your right, God and the wind, apples and oranges. thats pretty funny to seeing how this thread started out about fruit. lol
but believing in the wind before measurable evidence.
and believing in God without measurable evidence, apples and apples.

it doesnt get any clearer.

and think about this. if science couldnt prove the wind existed, would you just disregard it as your imagination? i doubt it.

jive said:
but believing in the wind before measurable evidence.
and believing in God without measurable evidence, apples and apples.

The wind is an external phenomenon that can be observed simultaneously by several people. They can all watch the wind blow a leaf across the ground, and agree that yes, that leaf just moved.

The evidence of God is an internal phenomenon that is deeply personal. No matter how profound one's spiritual experiences with God, they can not be directly shared with another. You can't say, "Here, feel this!" and have another person feel your emotions in the way that you can say, "Here, look at this!" and point to a blowing leaf.

Comparing God to a physical phenomenon like wind is really silly, and isn't doing us any favors, jive. It's not apples and oranges. It's apples and Buicks.

jive, . . . . perhaps there is a better example than the wind. Perhaps there's not.

Fact is, because what we hold to be evident are usually things that ARE measurable, then most things of this earth can't be used in a comparison to "the supernatural". The analogy just doesn't hold up because your preception of "it's from God" may very well just be your own emotional impulses. I've been in Christianity for nearly 38 years (was a good protestant during that time) and to be honest, I've never felt anything that I couldn't chalk up to my own thoughts or feelings.

That's the problem with trying to use analogies such as "the wind". You try to place a supernatural within a natural . . . . and it just doesn't WORK that way. Is there the supernatural? Perhaps, but it's operation within the natural can be questionable.

omg, artguy and orion, i dont disagree with your lasts post at all. but can seriously not comprihend the point?????? unbelievable.
:o im starting to think your dileberalty missing the point.
and artguy, for you to think im here to, or was trying to do you a favor is realy silly.

Jive, I think you need to calm down and type a little slower. It's becoming difficult to even tell what you're trying to say. The sentence, "but can seriously not comprihend the point?????? unbelievable." doesn't make any sense.

I'll help out a little here though. Wind is a force that can be seen acting on other objects by multiple observers at the same time and all those observers will agree on what the wind did, where it did it and when it did it. God is a personal spiritual experience which is different for every person. One person might think God is an ethereal being in Heaven who created the world 6,000 years ago and punishes us for our sins while another person believes God to be the entire universe and our concious perception of it combined and nothing else and then there is yet another person who believes God is a psychological construct that does not exist in reality. These are three very different definitions attributed to one entity and they cannot all be correct. We all understand the kind of parallel you're trying to make between wind and God, in that they're both something that can be felt without having to see scientific proof but that doesn't matter because we're concerned with testable evidence.

jive said:
and artguy, for you to think im here to, or was trying to do you a favor is realy silly.

By that, I meant that it's unhelpful to the public perception of Christians and Christianity when someone makes an analogy such as yours. It's silly and serves only to paint Christians as irrational people who can only maintain their beliefs by completely divorcing themselves from logic and reason.

OK, I am new here, This is my first reply. Hello.
I go back to the apples. And the post that was posted. We haven't looked at what the Garden was like before sin. It was perfect. Meaning, the lion plays with the sheep. The insects probaly came after the fall. Making fruit imperfect. :) Since the fall, things left their natural order. The lion may have more power, but we have intelligence to defend against such of creature.

Angelone said:
OK, I am new here, This is my first reply. Hello.
I go back to the apples. And the post that was posted. We haven't looked at what the Garden was like before sin. It was perfect. Meaning, the lion plays with the sheep. The insects probaly came after the fall. Making fruit imperfect. :) Since the fall, things left their natural order. The lion may have more power, but we have intelligence to defend against such of creature.

then what did small animals and rodents eat? What did lizards, and snakes eat?

So your saying that AFTER the fall, God created insects to impurify fruit, and then all the thousands of animals that survive on insects?

what about the insects that don't even do anything associated with things humans eat?
or what about bee's? that do nothing but CREATE food for humans (and of course make flowering plants survive)

Back