Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Evolution is a racist philosophy

K

Khristeeanos

“Thus, for example, a great English traveller, who lived for a considerable time on the west coast of Africa, says: ‘I consider the negro to be a lower species of man, and cannot make up my mind to look upon him as “a man and a brother,†for the gorilla would then also have to be admitted into the family.’â€Â

– Ernst Haeckel, The History of Creation, p. 365.

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013

I accept the Bible so I believe that there is only one race - human.

I am "white" yet I have a deep compassion for all people of the world and wish for them to hear and accept the Gospel message. I have been on a mission trip and also give money to foreign missions so that others can hear the Gospel.

The Bible, taken in context, also teaches this and there is no justification to be a "racist" at all. The Bible teaches that all the nations were made of "one blood" and in Christ there is no difference between a Jew and Gentile, a man or woman, etc.

But the religion of athiestic evolution gives its adherants a reason to believe in racism as justifiable.

During the 1904 World's fair in St. Louis, MO, Australian Aborigionies were displayed next to ape/gorrila (some form of primate) as proof that evolution was true and that these people were less "evolved."

There were thought of as a "living missing link" between our ancestors and us.

Ever notice how the pictures of "missing links" between our supposed ancestors and us always have the people with very dark skin?

If I were black I would be extremely offended at that! :evil: :smt074

Just because some "evolutionists" are/were racist doesn't make evolution racist anymore than some Christians being racist doesn't make Christianity a racist religion.

gott_mit_uns.jpg

The wehrmacht's belt buckle. The inscription is "God with Us"

jwu said:
Just because some "evolutionists" are/were racist doesn't make evolution racist anymore than some Christians being racist doesn't make Christianity a racist religion.

The wehrmacht's belt buckle. The inscription is "God with Us"

People have used religion as a tool for oppression and whatnot, but does that mean that God was in what they were doing?

I gave proof that evolution is a racist religion and just your statement didn't even bother to refute that.

My original post still stands.

No, you have provided a a precedent in which people abused evolution to promote racism, just like i have given a precedent of people doing the same with Christianity.

If you want to prove that evolution is racist, you need to derive that from the theory itself, not from what some people made with it. Else one can point out the crusades, the inquisition and so on as well...

Many cruelties have been committed in the name of Christianity, but that doesn't make Christianity a cruel religion. It's exactly the same with evolution (except that evolution isn't a religion in first instance).

jwu said:
No, you have provided a a precedent in which people abused evolution to promote racism, just like i have given a precedent of people doing the same with Christianity.

If you want to prove that evolution is racist, you need to derive that from the theory itself, not from what some people made with it. Else one can point out the crusades, the inquisition and so on as well...

Many cruelties have been committed in the name of Christianity, but that doesn't make Christianity a cruel religion. It's exactly the same with evolution (except that evolution isn't a religion in first instance).

What does Christianity teach?

It teaches to love your enemies.
It teaches to turn the other cheek at an attacker.
It teaches to feed and clothe your enemies.
It teaches people how to live their lives in a positive way.
It teaches people to go around the world to the less fortunate and help them any way possible.
It teaches people to live a self-disciplined life.
It teaches people to look after the needs of others before ones own self.

Atheistic evolution teaches that all people are the product of random chance and are the result of an accidental cosmic burp.
It teaches that people were lower forms of primates with dark skin and are progressing to be better people with light skin and light hair.

I could go on and on.

Not only have I given more proof of evolution being racist, but I have further cemented my other proof that Christianity is a peaceful, loving religion.

Khristeeanos said:
Atheistic evolution teaches that all people are the product of random chance and are the result of an accidental cosmic burp.

Not at all. Evolution is not the slightest bit in opposition to God. Evolution does not claim that the universe was not created by God, and the nature of the "randomness" in the theory does not preclude that God had mankind in mind when he set the process in motion. There are evolutionists who purport a godless existence, but they are not the theory. You're doing the same thing as someone who claims that Christianity is racist because there are racist Christians who misuse the Bible to support their bigotry.

It teaches that people were lower forms of primates with dark skin and are progressing to be better people with light skin and light hair.

Oh, please. That's stupid beyond belief. Evolution does no such thing. It does not in any way claim that blacks are lower on the evolutionary ladder than any other race, and trying to establish that modern evolutionists endorse racism is a horribly crass thing to do by someone who professes to be a Christian.

The evolutionary explanation for different skin colors is simply that people who live in different parts of the Earth develop skin and hair that helps them cope with their climates. People in tropical regions develop darker skin and coarser hair to protect themselves from the sun. People in cooler regions need no such protection, and as such have lighter hair. You can pretend that the explanation that evolution purports is different, but all that does is make you either ignorant, or a liar. It doesn't change the actual facts.

I could go on and on.

Please don't. You're hurting my head.

Then why were people tortured and killed in the name of Christianity?

Ok...

Evolution doesn't make any statement to the effect that dark skinned people are "worse" and "less worth as a person". Dark skinned people are more adapted to living in a region with high intensity of sunlight, they don't get skin cancer as quickly as light skinned people who love in these areas. Light skinned people on the other hand are somewhat adapted to living in regions with less sunlight intensity, the lighter skintone helps to synthesize vitamin D more easily.
Light skinned and dark skinned humans are somewhat adapted to living in different environments - but that doesn't make one of them any more worth than the other. Both are equally evolved.

Do you have a source which supports this 'claim' which is more recent than the 1800's? Someone discussing evolution and not social darwinism or eugenics would be nice too.

Oh and what is the name of this black species as I am only aware of Homo-Sapien, which encompasses all humans.

ArtGuy said:
Oh, please. That's stupid beyond belief.

:sad

How do you think this makes me feel when I post something general about a subject and you turn it around and make it personal towards me? :crying:

Khristeeanos said:
ArtGuy said:

How do you think this makes me feel when I post something general about a subject and you turn it around and make it personal towards me? :crying:

You just called people who believe in evolution racists. How do you think that makes them feel?

ArtGuy said:
Khristeeanos said:
ArtGuy said:

You just called people who believe in evolution racists. How do you think that makes them feel?

Show me where I called you or anybody else a racist.

I said athiestic evolution was a racist phiolosophy and provided proof by a quote.

Again.

How can you make a personal remark about me when you don't even know me?

How do you think it makes me feel to have you constantly make personal comments about me?

Let me answer it for you.

Pretty lousy.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. (Volume 1, Chapter II)"
- Adolf Hitler

Sorry, but quotes from individual people prove nothing.
If you want to demonstrate that atheistic evolution is racist, then you need to base this on the actual theory, and not on what some people said about it.

Khristeeanos said:
I said athiestic evolution was a racist phiolosophy and provided proof by a quote.

You only provided proof that some guy 150 years ago thought that evolution justified racism. Kind of like how some people today think that Christianity justifies racism, sexism, violence, and other things that it pretty clearly doesn't.

How do you think it makes me feel to have you constantly make personal comments about me?

Pretty lousy.

My intent is not to make you feel lousy. My intent is to force attention on the ramifications of claiming that people - good people - with whom you disagree are subscribing to philosophies that are, by their very nature, designed to further hatred. I don't think you're a bad person at all, but I do think you have a bad habit of using rhetoric and arguments that are designed to instill animosity in others, and - whether intentionally or not - accuse decent people of having evil motives.

People disagree, and that's fine. But when one starts claiming that evolution preaches racism, or Christianity favors war, or Catholicism endorses pedophilia, all it does is make people angry. It's slander, it's unfair, and it's demonstrably untrue.

If you wish to believe that evolution = racism, or that evolutionists all hate God, or that scientists are trying to wage a war against Christianity because they're being corrupted by Satan, that's your prerogative. But you're wrong, and if you continue to spread these myths in the course of arguing against evolutionary theory, expect to engender a bit of hostility in the honest people that you're insulting.

I think what it all boils down to is this:

If you accept evolutionary thoery then you MUST BE RACIST and therefore are a bad bad bad person with no same or morals whatsoever. If you are a Christian on the other hand - and a real TRUE Christian not one of those so called evolutionist christians (because evolution and TRUE christianity are mutually exclusive) - then you are of pure heart and mind and are worthy of God's love and could not possibly be racist at all.

This is the inevitable conclusion that is reached after realizing that you cannot argue against a theory that you barely comprehend. So better to villify all evolutionsts.

That wouldn't be bearing false witness at all. Oh no, because once you have become a TRUE christian you don't have to worry about how you act or what you say - because no matter what you are always righteous!

Late_Cretaceous said:
I think what it all boils down to is this:

If you accept evolutionary thoery then you MUST BE RACIST and therefore are a bad bad bad person with no same or morals whatsoever. If you are a Christian on the other hand - and a real TRUE Christian not one of those so called evolutionist christians (because evolution and TRUE christianity are mutually exclusive) - then you are of pure heart and mind and are worthy of God's love and could not possibly be racist at all.

How about you read this inciteful young neo-Nazi's "justification" for his racist comments:

What can we do to restore racial harmony to our country? The problem lies in the Negro's desperately low intelligence. With an average IQ of 85, nearly a full standard deviation from the mean, the negro lacks the intellectual wherewithal to succeed in a white society, yet has been led, cruelly and unfairly, to consider itself as on a par with humans. The irony is bitter: the negro is so stupid it doesn't realize how stupid it is. With an IQ of 85, it believes almost anything it is told, including the lie that it is intelligent.

So the negro sees humans living in comfortable homes, driving expensive cars, wearing quality clothing, and not dying of AIDS; and it thinks that since it is the equal of humans, all those material benefits are somehow its right, too. In short, the negro is discontented because it "expects" more than it "has". The trick to restoring the happy, smiling "Uncle Remus" negro of yesteryear is thus to manage its expectations.

For example, if I had an IQ of 85, I'd rightly consider it an achievement to hold down a job as a janitor. However, I know this because I have an IQ between 128 and 140, depending on which IQ test I choose to believe. If I really did have an IQ of 85, I'd be far too stupid to realize that I was doing well to hold that job down, unless somebody told me so.

Similarly, the negro who rapes a baby to cure his AIDS should be applauded, not condemned, because he's started out on the evolutionary path that leads to cognitive intelligence. What appears to us to be a gross sexual crime is, in fact, the distant ancestor of abstract thought. 50,000 years ago, humans were as dumb as Negroes are now; surely we should cut them a little slack and not judge them by the standards we set ourselves? You wouldn't expect a dog to drive a car; you wouldn't expect a chimpanzee to perform brain surgery; and you can't expect a negro to display any moral awareness. Admittedly, applauding this behavior will accelerate the spread of AIDS, but to die of disgusting and interesting diseases is part of the negro's birthright and heritage.

We should thus focus our efforts, as a society, on applauding the most minor negro accomplishments, reminding him what a dim bulb he is, and emphasizing that his material lifestyle is proportionate to his IQ. He should be happy with whatever he has, however little that is, because he's too stupid to merit more. Thus, an African negro has an IQ of 55 to 60 and drinks water that has been pissed and shit in. An American negro has an IQ of 85 and gets to drink clean water, the same as humans drink. Who's better off? Why, the latter, clearly, because of his higher IQ. The message to the discontented urban negro is: it could be worse.

Only when the negro forgets its preposterous dreams of getting a college degree on its own intellectual merits, or of holding down any other than a menial job, will there be racial harmony. There can be no more quota negro doctors until they evolve past belief in the "Evil Eye". There must be no more quota negro airline pilots until there is an African aerospace industry.

They'll be happier, we'll be happier, and best of all, my shoes will be shinier.

This is the inevitable conclusion that is reached after realizing that you cannot argue against a theory that you barely comprehend. So better to villify all evolutionsts.

And a person who knows even less is trying to argue about it. Why evolution doesn't work: 3 easy steps: 1) Abiogenesis is impossible; 2)Information cannot be created by random chance 3)Fossil record is so discontinuous, that is has led prominent evolutionists to make the punctuated equilibrium theory.

That wouldn't be bearing false witness at all. Oh no, because once you have become a TRUE christian you don't have to worry about how you act or what you say - because no matter what you are always righteous!

Actually, if you knew anything about Christianity, aside from your devoid of knowledge with respect to empirical science understanding, you would know that nobody is all-righteous, except Jesus Christ.

protos said:
How about you read this inciteful young neo-Nazi's "justification" for his racist comments:

I direct you to Adolf 'the original Nazi' Hitler's justification for the slaughter of 6 million people above as you appear to have skimmed over it. (It involves Jesus. Although I don't think Hitler was really working for Him; just looking for a reason to do and say horrible things.)

And a person who knows even less is trying to argue about it. Why evolution doesn't work: 3 easy steps: 1) Abiogenesis is impossible; 2)Information cannot be created by random chance 3)Fossil record is so discontinuous, that is has led prominent evolutionists to make the punctuated equilibrium theory.

1) We are talking about evolution, not abiogenesis. The two are distinct theories. If you want to discuss it, I'd suggest making a new thread as it is off topic here. 2) Do you deny that there is genetic variation as a result of the process of meiosis? Or do you simply believe that an inobservable force is guiding this event so it simply isn't random, just surrounded by all the trappings of randomness? 3) Absence of evidence =! evidence of absence.

[quote:fad9c]

Actually, if you knew anything about Christianity, aside from your devoid of knowledge with respect to empirical science understanding, you would know that nobody is all-righteous, except Jesus Christ.[/quote:fad9c]

And if you knew anything about evolution, aside from what is spouted by quacks and 'philosophers' of social darwinism and eugenics, you would realize that all humans, regardless of race, are classified as Homo-Sapiens. There isn't a homo-whitey and a homo-asian simply 1 all encompassing term completely devoid of race as it has no bearing on evolutionary theory.

In sumation. Evolution: Not racist. Evolutionists: depends, so maybe. Christianity: Not for the murdering of Jews. Christians: depends, so maybe.

protos said:
Actually, if you knew anything about Christianity, aside from your devoid of knowledge with respect to empirical science understanding, you would know that nobody is all-righteous, except Jesus Christ.

I am a Christian.

And I forgive you

Has evolutionary thoery been used to justify racism?
It sure has.

Does that make evolution "racist"?

No.

Has the bible been used to justify racism?

It sure has with verses like this

Song of Songs (1:5-6): "I am black but beautiful, O daughters of Jerusalem . . . Do not gaze at me because I am dark, because the sun has gazed on me. My mother's sons were angry with me; they made me keeper of the vineyards."

Genesis 9

When Noah woke up from his drunkenness and learned what his youngest son had done to him, he said: "Cursed be Caanan! The lowest of slaves shall he be to his brothers. He also said: "Blessed be the LORD, the God of Shem! Let Canaan be his slave. May God expand Japheth, so that he dwells among the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave."

Does that make the bible, or these quotes racist?

No of course not

Now before you jump down my throat let me make one thing clear.

I am NOT claiming that the above passages, or that any part of the bible, are racist. Merely that people have used such passages to promote and justify racism.

Late_Cretaceous said:
Has evolutionary thoery been used to justify racism?
It sure has.

Does that make evolution "racist"?

No.

Has the bible been used to justify racism?

It sure has with verses like this

Song of Songs (1:5-6): "I am black but beautiful, O daughters of Jerusalem . . . Do not gaze at me because I am dark, because the sun has gazed on me. My mother's sons were angry with me; they made me keeper of the vineyards."

[quote:7d8b7] Genesis 9

When Noah woke up from his drunkenness and learned what his youngest son had done to him, he said: "Cursed be Caanan! The lowest of slaves shall he be to his brothers. He also said: "Blessed be the LORD, the God of Shem! Let Canaan be his slave. May God expand Japheth, so that he dwells among the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave."

Does that make the bible, or these quotes racist?

No of course not
[/quote:7d8b7]
Well said...

Khristeeanos said:
ArtGuy said:
Khristeeanos said:
ArtGuy said:

Show me where I called you or anybody else a racist.

Again.

Pretty lousy.

You haven't proven anything. Wouldn't you think that all of the important people in the bible were of color?

Back