Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Face God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
An Emoji Devotional Tue 9th of Aug 2022

Topic: Face God

Highlights:
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18

People love to face each other when talking heart to heart. But when talking to God, they tend to face their problems. Somehow it's like someone facing the other way, telling God, see this problem and that problem is why I'm calling you.
People have been giving God responsibilities to carry but did not really give God due attention. "Come now", is a word that cannot be negotiated. It shows who the boss is and the specific action to take....

"Does the LORD take delight in thousands of rams,
In ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts,
The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:7-8

It is somehow a sin to God when you face other sides talking to the heavenly father. It makes one garment to be very red as scarlet. But God wants you to face him humbly to receive instructions.
If you already have what you wish to do in your mind and point God to the direction of how you want it done for you in your way, then who is then the boss? God is no one's servant. We are supposed to humbly listen attentively and follow instructions from our Heavenly Father. If you call God your father, then it's time to obey him and retouch your ways with due attention to what the authority dictates. I pray may we not take God's friendliness for granted.

Prayer: Father please forgive me for taking you for granted in any way. May I not take your friendliness for granted in my life. May I humble myself towards you and respect you all the days of my life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

An Emoji Devotional Tue 9th of Aug 2022

Topic: Face God

Highlights:
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18

People love to face each other when talking heart to heart. But when talking to God, they tend to face their problems. Somehow it's like someone facing the other way, telling God, see this problem and that problem is why I'm calling you.
People have been giving God responsibilities to carry but did not really give God due attention. "Come now", is a word that cannot be negotiated. It shows who the boss is and the specific action to take....

"Does the LORD take delight in thousands of rams,
In ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts,
The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:7-8

It is somehow a sin to God when you face other sides talking to the heavenly father. It makes one garment to be very red as scarlet. But God wants you to face him humbly to receive instructions.
If you already have what you wish to do in your mind and point God to the direction of how you want it done for you in your way, then who is then the boss? God is no one's servant. We are supposed to humbly listen attentively and follow instructions from our Heavenly Father. If you call God your father, then it's time to obey him and retouch your ways with due attention to what the authority dictates. I pray may we not take God's friendliness for granted.

Prayer: Father please forgive me for taking you for granted in any way. May I not take your friendliness for granted in my life. May I humble myself towards you and respect you all the days of my life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
There’s something ironic about a devotional call believers to talk to God in a more deeply personal level and then giving them a canned prayer to read. How many people talk to their Dad by reading out a piece someone else wrote?

There’s something ironic about a devotional call believers to talk to God in a more deeply personal level and then giving them a canned prayer to read. How many people talk to their Dad by reading out a piece someone else wrote?
While I seem to agree with you on this, it's important to know what God wants? And address him like you are facing each other as Father to Son, Master to Servant, CF Psalm 123:3. To face God and to calmly allow His will be done in every situation.

Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’ Deuteronomy 8:17

It's like not allowing God to pass before you make a move. CF Psalm 46:10

While I seem to agree with you on this, it's important to know what God wants? And address him like you are facing each other as Father to Son, Master to Servant, CF Psalm 123:3. To face God and to calmly allow His will be done in every situation.

Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’ Deuteronomy 8:17

It's like not allowing God to pass before you make a move. CF Psalm 46:10
Like any Father. I doubt He wants words read to him from a paper that someone else wrote.

Like any Father. I doubt He wants words read to him from a paper that someone else wrote.
It's true. God wants a heart to heart talk with him. Hebrews 4:16 tells us:

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Unless "If" reading the words out from paper is for those who do not know how to pray. But must not be compulsory way of praying

It's true. God wants a heart to heart talk with him. Hebrews 4:16 tells us:

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Unless "If" reading the words out from paper is for those who do not know how to pray. But must not be compulsory way of praying
I think two real words are more meaningful than a beautiful paragraph read.

Back