Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Facing the Final Test

J

Jay T

Whoever sees the repulsive character of sin, and in strength from above resists temptation, will assuredly arouse the wrath of Satan.
Remember that satan is at ...WAR...with God's commandments,and the people who love Jesus Christ enough to keep them.... Revelation 12:17)

The same spirit that in ages past led men to persecute the true church, will in the future lead to the pursuance of a similar course toward those who maintain their loyalty to God Revelation 14:12). . . .

The decree that will finally go forth against the remnant people of God will be very similar to that issued by Ahasuerus against the Jews.
Today the enemies of the true church see in the little company keeping the Sabbath commandment, a Mordecai at the gate. . . .

Satan will arouse indignation against the minority who refuse to accept popular customs and traditions. . . . Persecuting rulers, ministers, and church members will conspire against them.

With voice and pen, by boasts, threats, and ridicule, they will seek to overthrow their faith. . . . Not having a "Thus saith the Scriptures" to bring against the advocates of the Bible Sabbath, they will resort to oppressive enactments to supply the lack.

To secure popularity and patronage, legislators will yield to the demand for Sunday laws.
But those who fear God cannot accept an institution that violates a precept of the Decalogue.

On this battlefield will be fought the last great conflict in the controversy between truth and error.

Those who endeavor to obey all the commandments of God will be opposed and derided.
They can stand only in God.
In order to endure the trial before them, they must understand the will of God as revealed in His word; they can honor Him only as they have a right conception of His character, government, and purposes, and act in accordance with them.

None but those who have fortified the mind with the truths of the Bible will stand through the last great conflict.

To every soul will come the searching test: Shall I obey God rather than men?

The decisive hour is even now at hand. Are our feet planted on the rock of God's immutable word?

Are we prepared to stand firm in defense of the commandments of God (7th day sabbath) and the faith of Jesus ?

Another good one Jay T. Sorry I missed it in the beginning.

Question: Do you believe that what you have stated may be a 'part' of the reason for many of the 'new' translations of our Bible? For much of what you have stated to take place, concepts and 'truths' must be changed in order to lead the masses in a 'different' direction.

I agree that there will come a time in the near future where the churches themselves will persecute those that 'actually' choose to follow God's Word. I feel that much of this is 'already' here. Doctrines created by men instead of following the Word and their insistence that 'their' doctrines MUST be followed or there is NO Salvation. Sounds a bit like a 'man' being able to admit or deny the inheritance of heaven. Hey, this sounds a bit like those that would 'beat' or 'torture' those that refuse to follow 'their' words rather than the Word of God.

Christ stated Himself that if we follow Him that we will be enemies of our own household. If this is possible, how much easier to become enemies of the world?

Amen Brother. Keep up the 'good fight'.

Imagican said:

Question: Do you believe that what you have stated may be a 'part' of the reason for many of the 'new' translations of our Bible? For much of what you have stated to take place, concepts and 'truths' must be changed in order to lead the masses in a 'different' direction.
As you know, the Bible says: 'satan, which deceives the whole world', (Revelation 12:9) is but God's warning, about the lenghts to which satan will go to, to acheive his mission of total world deception.
BUT...the Christian world is his main target.
From what I understand, the prophcies (such as the 2300 days, ect.).....are altered, in all the newer translations.

I agree that there will come a time in the near future where the churches themselves will persecute those that 'actually' choose to follow God's Word. I feel that much of this is 'already' here.
As soon as church and state unite.....there follows persecution. Because the state will then decide which religious belief men are to follow, and, WOE UNTO THOSE WHO REFUSE TO OBEY THE STATE RELIGION !

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:31 pm Post subject:
Jay T wrote:
Imagican wrote:

As you know, the Bible says: 'satan, which deceives the whole world', (Revelation 12:9) is but God's warning, about the lengths to which satan will go to, to achieve his mission of total world deception.
From what I understand, the prophecies (such as the 2300 days, ect.).....are altered, in all the newer translations.
Quote:

I agree that there will come a time in the near future where the churches themselves will persecute those that 'actually' choose to follow God's Word. I feel that much of this is 'already' here.

As soon as church and state unite.....there follows persecution. Because the state will then decide which religious belief men are to follow, and, WOE UNTO THOSE WHO REFUSE TO OBEY THE STATE RELIGION !

++++++
satan only needs Caesar to enforce or legislate the one sun law. If you break one of any of the Godheads Commandments, you are guilty of breaking them all, plus this is the standard of ones Judgement it says. James 2:8-12.

The Rev. 17:5 ones do not need unity on any thing else, do they? They mostly agree to this Daniel 7:25 'change' anyway. And the Pope? Most already give him the high 'marks' of leadership too, do they not? And only the 'Mark breaker' will be quarantined and not be able to buy or sell at the start of its Caesar enforcement, & then later on get the death decree issued.

So far for me at least on all sites, I most always never hear of any professed protestant Christian take an issue with sun worship?? Most come up with all sorts of 'differant' stuff for voiding out Christ Words, and for the sun worship thing! Check out Ezekiel 8:17's last part of the verse & Ezekiel 8:16 for even professed Sabbath keepers. See it in the K.J.

---John

Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9 for our provisions on earth, thank you Master!

John the Baptist said:
Question: Do you believe that what you have stated may be a 'part' of the reason for many of the 'new' translations of our Bible?
Yep, I do John.

For much of what you have stated to take place, concepts and 'truths' must be changed in order to lead the masses in a 'different' direction.
As you know, the Bible says: 'satan, which deceives the whole world', (Revelation 12:9) is but God's warning, about the lengths to which satan will go to, to achieve his mission of total world deception.
Yes, the Christian world is...satan's main target (especially, SDA's...as scripture says in Revelation 12:17)
From what I understand, the prophecies (such as the 2300 days, ect.).....are altered, in all the newer translations.
That is my understanding also !
Just another method of destroying SDA faith.
So far for me at least on all sites, I most always never hear of any professed protestant Christian take an issue with sun worship?? Most come up with all sorts of 'differant' stuff for voiding out Christ Words, and for the sun worship thing!
That is only because they haven't read the Bible enough, to realize satan's plan for them !

They fail to see that the Bible says that satan is the, 'god of this world'....and therefore, he would likely have set up a day of worship for himself, in opposition to what God has said and done.

Christians, at large, don't understand the meaning of Romans 6:16.... Romans 6:16 " Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness ?"

Back