Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Faith alone without works and Pleasing God without doing His will.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

RBDERRICK

Supporter

I've never heard some things before hearing them from others, because they are so foreign to any practical living, especially that of the Bible.

The idea being promoted along with having saving faith alone, apart from doing any works, is that Jesus was declared well-pleasing to the Father, apart from any works He did.

Jhn 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Jesus plainly says, that He pleases the Father by doing His will, and not just in His spirit.

We now see how faith alone really means having pleasing thoughts alone: Just think pleasing thoughts that ought to please God, and all is well with our souls.

It's even a deeper desluion of what God rebukes in James 2 and 1 John 3, where we vainly seek to love God and man by pleasing words alone.

This fits with the idea of repenting with the mind only, without repenting of the dead works. Pleasing thinking without doing it, may please the thinkers, but not God.

Jas 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

When God commands us to repent of our thoughts against Him, He always includes repenting of our ways displeasing to Him.

Isa 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

If people were more openly honest about the full extent of their idealist teachings, then I truly believe that less people will hear them, who retain any sense of practical living. In fact such foolishness would be rightly scoffed at by any sensible child, who knows without doubt that disciplined parents are never pleased without doing what they say, and especially not when doing the opposite.

Is God the Father less sensible and practical than man? God forbid.

Let all them that preach being saved by faith alone without works, always accompany it with pleasing God without doing His will.

See how far they get with sensible people of practical minds.

Rev 2:24
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, that they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Last edited by a moderator:
A way in which some try to justify the lie of pleasing God without doing His will, is by separating God's good pleasure with His Sonm, before Jesus did any works of miracles.

This only adds to the blindness of sign and miracle seekers. It says the only works that please God are miracles. And doing His righteous and holy will have nothing to do with works well pleasing to God.

It's doctrine ripe for the seduction of false apostles and christs:

Rev 13:14
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

This enlightens us in the difference between between the good works of God we do through Christ, and the works of God that only the Spirit does.

Luk 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Act 3:12
And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

We do the will of God by the faith of Jesus, but only the Spirit of God does miracles in His name. And yet, the greatest miracle of God is for His people to do His good pleasure as His only begotten Son:

Luk 10:20
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

2Jo 1:4
I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

2Jo 1:6
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

1Co 9:2
If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

This further enlightens in the difference of works that justify us with God, and works that follow us in Christ Jesus:

2Co 12:12
Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

Heb 2:4
God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Only the works of God in miracles and signs of Christ's ministry on earth, follow after conversion in Christ Jesus. But the works of true righteousness we do in Christ Jesus, are with conversion by repenatnace from dead works of our own.

We may indeed have no works of miracles with being saved by faith in Christ Jesus, but there is no saving faith of Jesus without doing His works pleasing to God.

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Phl 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

1Th 4:1
Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

There is no such thing with the true God of heaven and earth, as pleasing Him without doing His will. And He is only with them that walk as He walked, to please God the same way as His Son by His faith and Spirit.

2Ch 1:1
And Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and the LORD his God was with him, and magnified him exceedingly.

Act 7:9
And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

Act 10:38
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

No man pleases God the Father by faith alone, but only them that do His good will by His Son, are born of Him and walk in His light with Him:

3Jo 1:11
Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

I've never heard some things before hearing them from others, because they are so foreign to any practical living, especially that of the Bible.

The idea being promoted along with having saving faith alone, apart from doing any works, is that Jesus was declared well-pleasing to the Father, apart from any works He did.

Jesus plainly says, that He pleases the Father by doing His will, and not just in His spirit.

We now see how faith alone really means having pleasing thoughts alone: Just think pleasing thoughts that ought to please God, and all is well with our souls.

It's even a deeper desluion of what God rebukes in James 2 and 1 John 3, where we vainly seek to love God and man by pleasing words alone.

This fits with the idea of repenting with the mind only, without repenting of the dead works. Pleasing thinking without doing it, may please the thinkers, but not God.

Jas 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

When God commands us to repent of our thoughts against Him, He always includes repenting of our ways displeasing to Him.

Isa 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

If people were more openly honest about the full extent of their idealist teachings, then I truly believe that less people will hear them, who retain any sense of practical living. In fact such foolishness would be rightly scoffed at by any sensible child, who knows without doubt that disciplined parents are never pleased without doing what they say, and especially not when doing the opposite.

Is God the Father less sensible and practical than man? God forbid.

Let all them that preach being saved by faith alone without works, always accompany it with pleasing God without doing His will.

See how far they get with sensible people of practical minds.

Rev 2:24
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, that they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

This a "word salad".

see:
Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works? at https://www.gotquestions.org/salvation-faith-alone.html for clear explanation of FAITH ALONE and how Works are a result of faith and not a cause of salvation.

This a "word salad".

see:
Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works? at https://www.gotquestions.org/salvation-faith-alone.html for clear explanation of FAITH ALONE and how Works are a result of faith and not a cause of salvation.
No thanks. I'm only interested in solid corrections to what I write. I have no use for blanket dismissals, and then just writing the opposite.

You're welcome to your own faith alone. And any gospel you want to preach from it. It means nothing to me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back