Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study False Prophets

Do you believe in false prophets?

• No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes & have come into contact with one

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Yes but never came into contact (to my knowledge)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Journey

What does the bible say about false prophets? Has anyone ever come into contact with someone fittings their definition of a false prophet?

J.

1 John 4:3

Viewing the 1769 King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of 1 John 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I've learned the truth concerning a couple of deceivers using this method.

dys

The Bible contains a vast number of descriptions of false prophets (wolves in sheep clothing) and instructions as to how we are to use discernment in weighing any who claims to be a prophet. We should be prepared and also on guard against following the false prophet's 'teachings' ... their words are designed to lead people astray

The Bible contains a vast number of descriptions of false prophets (wolves in sheep clothing) and instructions as to how we are to use discernment in weighing any who claims to be a prophet. We should be prepared and also on guard against following the false prophet's 'teachings' ... their words are designed to lead people astray

Be that as it is! (and agreed) No one knows any persons heart. So it [MUST] be the posted material that is to be proven true or false.

And to name names?? That has no one even knowing who the poster is actually??
And besides that, most folks 'reading' a post that they adhere to, which you do not, do seem to most often take it personal when replying?

--Elijah

Common as broadcloth -

We had one in our Church congregation about 30 years who gave a prophesy that it: "WAS NOT THE LORD'S WILL FOR US TO GROW, and we should STOP our outreach to the community".

And the fools actually believed it, and acted on it - and predictably, the church ALMOST passed out of existence in the '80s - until a Senior Pastor with some Biblical knowledge got that foolishness turned around.

I don't know what "Shocks" (not that anything really shocks me any more) me more - that there could be a bone-stupid prophetic utterance like that to begin with, OR that in an entire congregation of Pentecostal Christians, NOBODY had enough Biblical basic knowledge to expose that STUPIDITY for what it was.

And remarkably I've heard the SAME THING - in one case affecting the denomination in an entire country for years.

YOU BET there's "False prophets", and FALSE Prophecies out there. And anybody who makes SIGNIFICANT changes or Commits resources on the basis of an unconfirmed prophetic proclamation - is a FOOL!!!

AirDancer:

I agree, and like you said on the other thread, there is the fundamental importance of reading the Bible day by day prayerfully. People who do this are more equipped to be able to discern what it right from what is phoney and so false teachers are less likely to have influence with prayerful, Bible reading believers.

What are these??:chin --Elijah

Rev.17

[1] And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Nope , I only believe in real prophets.

Isa. 8
[20] To [the law] and to [the testimony]: if they speak [not according to this word], it is [because there is no light in them].

And you do what? :sad

Back