Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

False Witnesses say that Paul did not keep the Torah after he was saved.

20​

And when they heard it, they glorified YHWH, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the Torah:

21​

And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

22​

What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.

23​

Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;

24​

Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the Torah.

In Order to Prove that he kept the Torah, Paul did what was asked of him.

26​

Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Romans 7: 22​

For I delight in the Torah of God after the inward man:

Keeping the Torah is a result of being Saved

Ezekiel 11:

19​

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

20​

That they may walk in My statutes, and keep Mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

Keeping the Torah does not save anyone, but those that are saved Keep it.

It's the New Covenant

Hebrews 8:

10​

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH; I will put My Torahs into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them God, and they shall be to Me a people:

Many will hear, depart from Me, I never knew you workers ANOMIA

Greek: Anomia = Without Law, Without Torah

They were never saved.

Are you able to say like Paul said that you delight in the Torah, If not you've been deceived by the mystery of iniquity.

>

Proverbs 6:23
For the commandment is a lamp; and The Torah is Light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

1 John 1:7​

But if we walk in The Light, as He is in The Light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of YESHUA Mashiach His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8​

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and The Truth is not in us.

Psalms 119

142​

Thy Righteousness is an everlasting Righteousness, and Thy Torah is The Truth.

Isaiah 8:20
To The Torah and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no Light in them.

John​

3:19​

And this is the condemnation, that Light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than Light, because their deeds were evil.

20​

For every one that doeth evil hateth The Light, neither cometh to The Light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Proverbs 28

4​

They that forsake The Torah praise the wicked: but such as keep The Torah contend with them.

9​

He that turneth away his ear from hearing The Torah, even his prayer shall be abomination.

>

Last edited:
Isaiah 42

21​

YHWH is well pleased for His Righteousness' sake; He will magnify The Torah, and make it honorable.

אָדַר ʼâdar; a primitive root; to expand, i.e. be great or (figuratively) magnificent:—(become) glorious, honorable.

Matthew 5

17​

Think not that I am come to destroy The Torah, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to Fulfil.

πληρῶσαι Pleroo Fulfil - Fill to the Full in Meaning, Cause to Abound in Meaning

In contrast to destroying the Torah, teaching it incorrectly.

To Fulfil it, Is to cause God's will (as made known in the Torah) to be obeyed as it should be.

Psalms 40

8​

I delight to do Thy Will, O my Elohim: yea, Thy Torah is within my heart.

Psalms 78

1​

Give ear, O My people, to My Torah: incline your ears to the words of My mouth.

2​

I will open My mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Matthew 13:

35​

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

YESHUA taught the Torah in Parables

Matthew 6:10
Thy kingdom come. Thy Will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

In the Millennium

Isaiah 2:3​

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of YHWH, to the house of the Elohim of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for out of Zion shall go forth The Torah, and The Word of YHWH from Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Ministration of condemnation.

Please show me and others where I twisted the scriptures to say anything other than what is written.

2 Corinthians 3:9
For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Romans 9:

30​

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31​

But Israel, which followed after the Torah of righteousness, hath not attained to the Torah of righteousness.

32​

Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the Law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Psalms 119

142​

1John 2:4
He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and The Truth is not in him.

Roman 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Messiah YESHUA, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.

Matthew 23

23​

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the Torah, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Last edited:
Please show me and others where I twisted the scriptures to say anything other than what is written.

2 Corinthians 3:9
For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Romans 9:

30​

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31​

But Israel, which followed after the Torah of righteousness, hath not attained to the Torah of righteousness.

32​

Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the Law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Psalms 119

142​

1John 2:4
He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and The Truth is not in him.

Roman 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Messiah YESHUA, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.

Matthew 23

23​

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the Torah, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
You know not what you speak of. First, get some knowledge then we can debate.

You know not what you speak of. First, get some knowledge then we can debate.

That's not how it works, If I'm in error, Use Scripture to correct me, your opinion is worthless without EVIDENCE.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

>

In reply to LeviR's post after this one

You have nothing, If you did you would refute and correct me with scripture.

"Blow harder" = A Utterly Pathetic Answer.

Last edited:
That's not how it works, If I'm in error, Use Scripture to correct me, your opinion is worthless without EVIDENCE.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Blow harder.

Revelation 12

14​

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Hosea 2

14​

Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.

15​

And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor-(trouble) for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.

Ezekiel 20

35​

And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36​

Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith Adonai YHWH.

Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

20 The beast of the field shall honour Me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen.

None of the christmas, easter, sunday keeping followers of the RCC-(the mother of harlots) will be accounted worthy of escape, not one.

Last edited:

20​

And when they heard it, they glorified YHWH, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the Torah:

21​

And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

22​

What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.

23​

Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;

24​

Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the Torah.

26​

Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Ezekiel 11:

19​

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

20​

That they may walk in My statutes, and keep Mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

It's the New Covenant

Hebrews 8:

10​

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH; I will put My Torahs into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them God, and they shall be to Me a people:

They were never saved.

Are you able to say like Paul said that you delight in the Torah, If not you've been deceived by the mystery of iniquity.

>
As the summation of the Law and prophets was...love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength; and love your neighbor as you love yourself, I would say Paul kept the Spirit of the Law if not the letter.

So can everyone who has been crucified with Christ ! (Gal 5:24)

As the summation of the Law and prophets was...love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength; and love your neighbor as you love yourself, I would say Paul kept the Spirit of the Law if not the letter.
Romans 13

9​

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1 John 5

2​

By this we know that we love the children of Elohim, when we love God, and keep His commandments.

3​

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.
John 14:15
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Exodus 20:6
but showing mercy to thousands, to those who Love Me and keep My commandments.

Conclusion, If we don't keep His Commandments, then we do not Love God or the Children of God.

Last edited:
Romans 13

9​

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1 John 5

2​

By this we know that we love the children of Elohim, when we love God, and keep His commandments.

3​

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.
John 14:15
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Exodus 20:6
but showing mercy to thousands, to those who Love Me and keep My commandments.

Conclusion, If you don't keep His Commandments, you do not Love God or the Children of God.
That's right.
Jesus has given us all we need to remain faithful until the end.
No more days of atonement for us.

Revelation 12

14​

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Hosea 2

14​

Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.

15​

And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor-(trouble) for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.

Ezekiel 20

35​

And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36​

Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith Adonai YHWH.

Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

20 The beast of the field shall honour Me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen.

None of the christmas, easter, sunday keeping followers of the RCC-(the mother of harlots) will be accounted worthy of escape, not one.

The quoted post wasn't meant to go in this thread? but come what may, I posted it here thinking that I was in the thread in the link.

20​

21​

22​

23​

24​

26​

Acts 21:19-26
19 After greeting them, he related one by one the things that God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.
20 And when they heard it, they glorified God. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands there are among the Jews of those who have believed. They are all zealous for the law,

Being Jews, these new believers were, of course, "zealous for the law," as they had been raised to be, their law-keeping a feature of their cultural identity (e.g. circumcision). There were "many thousands" of them that had heard mistaken stories about Paul's teaching a sort of antinomianism among the Gentiles.

21 and they have been told about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or walk according to our customs.
22 What then is to be done? They will certainly hear that you have come.

In anticipation of the gathering of these still "law-zealous" believers to see Paul, and the conflict that would inevitably ensue as they protested the doctrine of the New Covenant that set aside law-keeping as the means of being accepted by God as His own (Luke 22:19-20; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Hebrews 8:13; Romans 7:6; Galatians 3:23-29, etc.), Paul was urged by the Elders of the church in Jerusalem to make a show of respecting the Mosaic Law.

23 Do therefore what we tell you. We have four men who are under a vow;
24 take these men and purify yourself along with them and pay their expenses, so that they may shave their heads. Thus all will know that there is nothing in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself also live in observance of the law.

The goal in all of this wasn't to capitulate to legalistic Judaism, but to prevent a row within the Early Church. The newly converted Jews in Jerusalem could not be expected to instantly lay aside their law-centered cultural identity and way of living that had been inculcated into them since infancy. Coming properly free of Jewish legalism would be a process and until it was fully accomplished, the sensitivities of the Jewish "weaker brothers" would have to be borne by Paul. He wrote on this matter in his letter to the believers at Corinth:

Romans 14:1-3
1 Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
2 One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.
3 The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.

Romans 15:1-2
1 We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

All, then, that Paul was doing in agreeing to act according to the request of the Elders in Jerusalem was "bearing the infirmity" of weaker brethren. He certainly was not indicating in doing so that born-again believers were obliged to carry on like law-keeping Jews still under the Old Covenant.

25 But as for the Gentiles who have believed, we have sent a letter with our judgment that they should abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

The OT Mosaic laws of separation and ceremony were much more expansive than this! Why, then, is such a greatly-reduced set of requests made to Gentile believers? Obviously, because, as Paul taught, those laws of separation and ceremony were void under the "new and living way" achieved by Christ in the New Covenant (Hebrews 9-10:22).

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day he purified himself along with them and went into the temple, giving notice when the days of purification would be fulfilled and the offering presented for each one of them.

Thus, Paul bore the infirmities of his weaker, Jewish brethren; his action, not a repudiation of his own teaching, but merely a way to keep the peace in the predominantly Jewish church in Jerusalem.

About Romans 7:22: Immediate context is king in understanding Paul's words in the verse.

Romans 7:4-6
4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.
5 For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.
6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

Romans 7:8-10
8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.
9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.
10 The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me.

Romans 7:19-24
19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.
20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being,
23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

Paul, then, was not, in abandoning OT law-keeping, indicating that the Law was evil or wrong, but that it was impotent to make a person properly holy and acceptable to God. Instead, it only managed to expose and condemn all people as the incorrigible law-breakers they all are.

It's the New Covenant

As Paul's letter to the believers in the province of Galatia indicates, the OT laws of ceremony and separation are done away with. Instead, the Christian is called to fulfill the righteousness of the Moral Law of God through agape love:

Galatians 5:13-14
13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 13:8-10
8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The apostle James echoes Paul:

James 2:8
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

They were never saved.

There are plenty of saints who sinned in the NT: I Corinthians 3, 5, 6, 11, Romans 6:1-2, Ephesians 5:1-13, Galatians 3:3; Revelation 2-3, etc.. Be careful, then, not to assert more than God's word does about obedience to God's Moral Law written on the hearts of all people.

20​

21​

22​

23​

24​

26​

Ezekiel 11:

19​

20​

It's the New Covenant

Hebrews 8:

10​

They were never saved.

>

By saying Torah, are you referring to the law of the LORD or the law of Moses that was added or the first five books of the Bible?

JLB

By saying Torah, are you referring to the law of the LORD or the law of Moses that was added or the first five books of the Bible?

JLB

19​

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among (the Gentiles-(nations) are turned to Elohim:

20​

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21​

For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath Day.

In order to be accepted into the Congregation, new believers were given four minimum requirements they had to obey, For Moses-(Torah) is preached every Sabbath Day where they would learn the rest of what the Torah Teaches.

No idol worship The first commandment.

Fornication, adultery, The seventh commandment

things strangled, dietary command
and
from blood
Leviticus 17

12​

Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.

14​

For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Isaiah 42

21​

YHWH is well pleased for His Righteousness' sake; He will magnify The Torah, and make it honorable.

אָדַר ʼâdar; a primitive root; to expand, i.e. be great or (figuratively) magnificent:—(become) glorious, honorable.

Matthew 5

17​

Think not that I am come to destroy The Torah, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to Fulfil.

πληρῶσαι Pleroo Fulfil - Fill to the Full in Meaning, Cause to Abound in Meaning

In contrast to destroying the Torah, teaching it incorrectly.

To Fulfil it, Is to cause God's will (as made known in the Torah) to be obeyed as it should be.

Psalms 40

8​

I delight to do ThyWill, O my Elohim: yea, Thy Torah is within my heart.

Psalms 78

1​

Give ear, O My people, to My Torah: incline your ears to the words of My mouth.

2​

I will open My mouth ina parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Matthew 13:

35​

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

YESHUA taught the Torah in Parables

Matthew 6:10
Thy kingdom come. Thy Will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

In the Millennium

Isaiah 2:3​

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of YHWH, to the house of the Elohim of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for out of Zion shall go forth The Torah, and The Word of YHWH from Jerusalem.

Jesus taught His Doctrine and His law, not the law of Moses.

As it is written —

He will not fail nor be discouraged,
Till He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands shall wait for His law.”
Thus says God the LORD,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it:
“I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;
I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles
, Isaiah 42:4-6

Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2

You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Matthew 5:27-28

The law of Christ is superior to the law of Moses as the Melchizedek priesthood is superior to that of Levi.

For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. Hebrews 7:12

• there is also a change of the law.

The law has changed. We are no longer under the law of Moses, but under the law of Christ.

Paul did not keep the law of Moses, because he taught that was was no longer in force but was nailed to the cross, having fulfilled its purpose.

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

again

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3:19

• What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come

The Seed, The Messiah has come and fulfilled the law of Moses, as it has become obsolete, so now we are under the New Covenant in His blood, not the blood of bulls and goats that only “covered sin” atoned for sin, but the blood of Jesus that takes away the sin completely.

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. Hebrews 10:4

For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Hebrews 7:18-19

How do you receive the forgiveness of sins?

Do you sacrifice animals for your sins as the law of Moses commanded?

Please explain how a person that is under the law of Moses goes about having their sins forgiven?

JLB

19​

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among (the Gentiles-(nations) are turned to Elohim:

20​

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21​

For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath Day.

In order to be accepted into the Congregation, new believers were given four minimum requirements they had to obey, For Moses-(Torah) is preached every Sabbath Day where they would learn the rest of what the Torah Teaches.

and
from blood
Leviticus 17

12​

Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.

14​

For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Please explain how a person under the law of Moses has their sins forgiven today?

19​

20​

21​

and
from blood
Leviticus 17

12​

14​

The question I asked is:

The law of Moses
The law of the Lord Jesus Christ
The first five books of the Bible

Please explain how a person under the law of Moses has their sins forgiven today?

I never said, nor does the scriptures say that someones sins can be forgiven by their keeping of the Torah.

I do however believe in the New Covenant wherein YHWH says those that are New Creations, Born Again, that He would write His Torah upon their Hearts and Minds in order that they would keep His Statutes and Ordinances, He that began a good work in me will complete it.

Ezekiel 11

19​

20​

Jeremiah 31:

33​

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith YHWH, I will put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God , and they shall be My people.

Those that are Born Again don't keep the Torah to have their sins forgiven, they keep it because they are the Redeemed.

Are you in the New Covenant?

Romans 7:22
For I delight in the Torah of God after the inward man.

Back