Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Family

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

stovebolts

I dont' want to go into specific's, but our family could sure use your prayers. It's been a tough year for us... and were all getting a bit weary from what life seems to be constantly attacking us with. I'm beginning to realize Jesus words in regard to the narrow gate.. sometimes it's really hard to be a Christian in such a secular world. It really is wearing at our family.

As a side note, we're taking a family vacation to the Carribian next week, I ask that you pray that this time will help us grow as a family.

Grace and peace to all and thank you in advance.

It's hard on a family to go through rough times, and, as a wife and mother, I think that it's probably hardest on the husband and father, because most of the men I know want to protect their families from the tough things in life and provide all the good they can for their wives and kids. So, I'll be certainly lifting your family and especially you in prayer, and I pray that God will refresh and renew y'all in the Carribean and you all just have a lot of fun and good times together there.

I can truly understand where you're coming from, yes we all get weary from lifes' struggles & battles. May God be your source of Love & Comfort through Holy Spirit in that area and I wish you Gods' blessings for a safe trip to the Carribean- Have fun while there & relax & enjoy yourselves and be safe!!

Rosie Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

:-D so very happy to hear that!! God Bless you.

Rosie Decker

Praise God that in spite of your family problems that He gave you the blessing of being able to take a vaction. Some people are not so fortunate to be able to take a break from their problems, but can't even afford to buy a ticket to see a movie in the time they are going through a "rough" time in life, let alone go on a vaction to the Carribian to be able to have so time of respite from it all.

I hope your able to see that God IS helping you through your problems. Problems come and go like seasons come and go, it is only God who sees us through them. With Faith and hope in His promise to provide for us, IN DUE TIME, we can be ASSURED that this too will pass, and that life's jouney is not always smooth sailing. The weather changes as do our circumstances...ups and downs in life help us to mature. Thank God you had that on week of respite, a clearing in the cloudy day, so to speak. Thank God He IS seeing you THROUGH everything that comes up in life.

I don't know what your problems are, but rest assured that it is in our Thanksgiving and in comparing our problems with those who are so very much less fortunate than ourselves that we find our problems are not as bad as we might have thought. And that in the aftermath of it all we come to realize that with God's help we have overcome.

God Bless.

They are never nice to go through but it is the trials that shape our faith and ultimately you. I pray for strengh in every area and for patience. Remember as you walk through the valley of death, you may not feel you are walking anywhere but you are walking through it.

May God continue to bless you and your family with good times.
Julia

AND.... After reading all of the above posts- Please remember that when you go through trials, not only are we learning to trust God, but trials bring us that closer to God. He Loves you and wants us to build on our relationship with HIm. :-D

Rosie Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Yeah, no kidding! I keep saying, "God, haven't I learned to trust you enough yet?" I know we go through many trials so that God's nature can be revealed to us, and to prepare us for God's work he has planned for us, and it's not that I'm lazy or anything, but I just wish sometimes that being a Christian wasn't so tough at times. I know in the end it makes us stronger by bringing us closer to God, but it's still tough at times making the right decisions when often, it seems like it would be easier to just give in and take the wide road...

Don't give up & don't despair. I've been through a lot in my life time and I know that God has always been with me - whatever I go through. And He's with you to- on your lifes' journey!! Always remember that. Jesus is worth going through any journey. Hugs to you & God Bless.

Rosie Decker

I wanted to thank everyone so much for your prayers! I know that God is answering all of our prayers as I see God's hand moving in our family in so many ways! Our God is such a gracious God!

I can't thank you all enough for your concerns and your prayers. From all that I am, and from our family to yours, thank you!

Jeff

:-D God is not just Good- He's awesome!! My grandmother who is 89, has recently had surgery in the hospital for a tumor on her colon. She came through surgery with flying colors and is resting & doing well. Depending on her tests results she'll probably have to go through radiation treatments. Please keep her in your prayers for continued healing and that of my daughter, who is going through Chemo/radiation treatments for a brain tumor. Thank you & God Bless you.

Rosie Decker

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back