Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fandoms/ Sub Cultures.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Milk-Drops

Its interesting to note that people will indulge in hobbies and even join into groups that surround these said hobbies. Within these subcultures develop communities that share Fan art, original art, stories, fan fictions, and various misc. content that submerges people into a new world. A few examples of fandoms would be Comic books, Furries, Bronies, anime, Pokemon, Trekies, etc. Heck even sports fans become a fandom with major gatherings.

With this in mind, I think a lot of these activities and fandoms spring forth out of human duldroms and wanting to do more with their lives. Its an escapism that can be either healthy or deranged based on the detachment from society one becomes within said fandoms.

So does anyone here belong to any fandoms they would like to share?

Well I've been into anime the past year or so. Enough that I joined the Risembool Rangers, engage in some of their activities (only the online ones so far), and hope to attend an anime-con one day. I have a couple of cosplay ideas in mind.

I could be described as a furry, depending on the definition the word brings into people's minds. I think of it as a (more than casual) fan of anthropomorphic animals, which I am.

I'm a mild pegasister. (Would be a little odd calling myself a brony.)

So I have more than one fandom, though often they do change over time and sometimes I may leave a fandom behind for good, just never regain the same excitement for it. Or I might end up rotating between them. Right now anime is my main fandom, and there's a lot to explore there since it involves at least hundreds of series.

I guess I'm what you would call a fringe fur. I've been to a few conventions localy, but didn't really get to involved. I read a few webcomics and do some art, but I don't feel I'm part of the community. Same for the Bronies. I like the show but don't feel part of it. The one fandom I actually feel part of is the Magic the Gathering Fandom because of my roles in playing in tournaments. I'm more of a fantasy guy myself. I understand the concept of leaving a fandom behind, since I did that to Pokemon a few years ago. I'll look at the games, but I don't feel the same spark anymore. Same with Yugioh and some of the anime I used to watch. Times keep changing I guess.

What fandoms have you seen that interest you but you don't know how to approach it? For me its deeper furry fandom and Star Trek.

Hm...
I guess the Avatar/Legend of Korra fandom is one. The shows were great and I was thinking about rewatching them, but I've never liked them enough to consider myself a diehard fan.
Minecraft, too, I think. I like the game, but I'm getting bored of it and I can't sit there and watch hours of Minecraft videos by YouTubers like my brother does.

Well I dont know if i have a fandom per se.I know Ive always loved fantasy ,here are just a few things I love:harry potter,twilight,a variety of halloween movies like hocus pocus,practical magic ,the worst witch (1986),The craft,I love love love halloween the majority of my room is decorated in halloween ,I love some gothic things:biggrinecor,music,dress etc

I wonder if my lifelong obsession with dogs could be considered a fandom...xD.
I used to have eyes for nothing else, but then I started seeing that other things were interesting, too.

In some ways it seems dog lovers could be considered a fandom, since there are some dedicated dog people out there, enough to be immersed in anything canine, including the various sports. And who regularly participate in online forums about dogs, and have heated debates on subjects like training and nutrition.
I think it could be considered a subculture, at least.

i don't really indulge in fandoms, maybe rarely i look up fan art or tribute/parody/music videos. but i have loved Adventure Time, Superjail, Archer and Breaking Bad. then there's this new show called Mr. Pickles that seems promising. i follow Homestuck but i'm kinda staying away from the fandom. as far as japanese stuff goes, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure will always have a special place in my heart. i also like Hunter x Hunter. then there's all the movies that are too numerous to count.

Never really got My Little Pony, i really liked the fanimation that was well done that had all the episode titles end in .mov or something.

if you want to look any of these up and you're a christian, don't. they have varying degrees of "occultism" and smut. yes even my little pony, i think.

if there's anyone here who's into that NWO-illuminati-crowley-satanic-conspiracy stuff, i'd really like a kooky analysis of adventure time. there's all you could want, spells, rituals, homosexuality, do what thou wilt, false gods. all the good stuff.

if there's anyone here who's into that NWO-illuminati-crowley-satanic-conspiracy stuff, i'd really like a kooky analysis of adventure time. there's all you could want, spells, rituals, homosexuality, do what thou wilt, false gods. all the good stuff.
I think the creator of both Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors is just watching and laughing at how much people take the show seriously like that. I think the majority of that show is meant of people to just sit back and realize that its to crazy to analyze. Also, Marcelline and Simon are awesome.

if you want to look any of these up and you're a christian, don't. they have varying degrees of "occultism" and smut. yes even my little pony, i think.

Grrrrrrr. If that reverse psychology it worked. I just spend one and a half hours watching My little pony. :lol
Never cared watching that stuff before, because it seemed like toy merchandising for little girls. But it's actually a real cute, warmly humurous and heart warming show. Not gonna get into that fandom, but I can understand why adults like MLP.

Grrrrrrr. If that reverse psychology it worked. I just spend one and a half hours watching My little pony. :lol
Never cared watching that stuff before, because it seemed like toy merchandising for little girls. But it's actually a real cute, warmly humurous and heart warming show. Not gonna get into that fandom, but I can understand why adults like MLP.

I think he was referring mainly to the .mov fanimations in that particular paragraph. I ran across one, and it freaked me out. Lol Mind bleach, anyone?

I wonder if my lifelong obsession with dogs could be considered a fandom...xD.
I used to have eyes for nothing else, but then I started seeing that other things were interesting, too.

In some ways it seems dog lovers could be considered a fandom, since there are some dedicated dog people out there, enough to be immersed in anything canine, including the various sports. And who regularly participate in online forums about dogs, and have heated debates on subjects like training and nutrition.
I think it could be considered a subculture, at least.
I couldn't see why not. Pretty much anything could be a fandom.

Also, Marcelline and Simon are awesome.
;_______________;

Grrrrrrr. If that reverse psychology it worked. I just spend one and a half hours watching My little pony.
it was mostly meant as a sincere warning for the more... crazy people around here >_>
but i'm glad you checked it out and liked it :biggrin

I think the creator of both Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors is just watching and laughing at how much people take the show seriously like that. I think the majority of that show is meant of people to just sit back and realize that its to crazy to analyze. Also, Marcelline and Simon are awesome.

but i mean seriously, if you're hardcore christian. like, you really think dn'd and lady gaga are satan's tools of infuence, you're gonna look at the episodes, where for example, peppermint butler casually teaches finn a ritual to access the world of the dead. and you're gonna be all like ">:000000" i imagine...

but i mean seriously, if you're hardcore christian. like, you really think dn'd and lady gaga are satan's tools of infuence, you're gonna look at the episodes, where for example, peppermint butler casually teaches finn a ritual to access the world of the dead. and you're gonna be all like ">:000000" i imagine...
I know, but come one. Its Peppermint Butler, I think lich snail is pure unadulterated evil though. Not to mention that half the show feels like I accidentally ate some fermented bologna.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, but come one. Its Peppermint Butler, I think lich snail is pure unadulterated evil though. Not to mention that half the show feels like I accidentally ate some fermented bologna.

well, the lich is a clear case. but what about gunther? i want to know why the lord of hell hailed gunther as a dark one. i mean, sure she's just a penguin and it's joke, but they mostly take jokes all the way on this show.

answers... might be provided.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back