Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Father's Day

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

K2CHRIST

The Lord knows!

You can tell someone about how God knows, but you don't really understand the meaning until you get close to Him. So people mostly use the phrase "God knows" or "only God knows" all wrong. We don't tend to use it to explain that there is value in getting to know Him, because He knows what's important to you, and can and will help in those areas even if you don't fully understand what they are.

I was going through a divorce when the Lord came into my life. It was a sad time in my life. I had what I wanted in my life, which was a wife, a son , a daughter, and I even had a house with a pool. I worked a lot for them though, and commuted into the city from the suburbs. I guess I didn't see my wife enough. Maybe it was the stress of the job that got in the way. Or maybe it was not telling my wife 'I loved her', enough. It was certainly the fact I didn't know the Lord at the time, and that changes everything. So I went through a divorce and was out on my own, but the Lord came into my life. Perhaps it was needed for me to consider Him. But it was just me.

It was just me when Father's day rolled around. The Lord must have know it and that it was going to be a sad day for me, because about 4 or 5 am I was suddenly woken up by the presence of God. If you don't know, the Spirit of God is always around but you sometime pick Him up, and His presence came come across a number of different ways. You feel it inside. It might be like fire, or water, or a fresh breeze, but you know something it up, and it is Him.

So it was 4 or 5 and He shows up and the presence is building in power. I sit up and in a few short seconds the presence of God has become so intense that I can't breath. Then I see a greenish cloud start swirling in front of me and coming closer. It literally looked like something out of Ghost Busters. It swirls into the face of a lady and it kisses me on the forehead, which seems to leave a touch of oil, like if someone uses a bit of anointing oil to pray for you. I still can't breath and I'm starting to need to breath. The greenish cloud disappears and suddenly I can breath again.

Ok the day was a bit sad, but the event was so incredible I could hardly get my mind off of it.

The following year, Father's day came around again. The Lord had me open up a Christian bookstore for Him. And I showed up Saturday morning to open up the store. In front of the store was a homeless man just sitting there on the curb in front of the door to the store. At this point I had come to know the Lord pretty well, so I am saying to Him, "Ok Lord, what is with this?"

I get out of the car, say Hello to the man. Ask him how he is doing, and then open the store. He comes into the store and the man seems fine. He doesn't seem to need anything, so I am offer him some conversation which is going ok. Then the man asks me if I have a picture of my kids. I do, and I show him the picture. He then pulls out a large piece of paper meant for sketching on proceeds to draw this wonderfully well done, and big picture of my kids. This homeless man was a fantastic artist! I gave him a little money for it and he left the store. I looked at this really nice big sketch of my kids and then remembered that tomorrow was Father's Day. That was what the Lord was up to.

The Lord knows, and the Spirit is not called the Comforter for nothing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back