Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Favorite Verse(s); and why

Josef

This is one of mine:
Judges 16:22 Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.
Here is a little background information concerning it: It is speaking of Samson. As you probably know, he had broken the promise with God, telling Delilah the source of his great strength was through his hair. He had been beaten, blinded, and was grinding grain on a millstone like an animal.
However, God kept His word. He allowed Samson's hair to grow again. (Any of you older gentlemen can attest that this is not always the case.) God restored Samson's strength.
So Samson becomes an example of God's grace in the Old Testament. Samson did not merit God's favor. God did not have to honor a promise that was broken. But He did.
Lesson learned is God is faithful to His promises even when we are not faithful on our end. For example, He promises everlasting life, by his grace, (remember we do not deserve it) through the faith He gives us. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Now how can we apply this lesson to our lives? I welcome your comments. May God bless,
Taz

Deu 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

This verse is what brought me back to totally surrender myself to the Lord back in 1997 as I was going through the darkest period in my life.

Hi,
Isn't it cool how God gives us something meaningful out of what most people see as nothing special. Most people read this and just keep going. But God grabbed your attention and showed you a deeper meaning. That is awesome!
You know there is an answer to another great question in this verse.
Who invented the coin flip? Moses. Heads or tails? (Another old guy joke.) May God bless,
Taz

Greetings Josef,

Favorite Verse(s); and why​

Matthew 11:25-30 (KJV): 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

A number of reasons why I like the above passage. It is a succinct summary of the early verses of Psalm 8 where Jesus addresses the One God, Yahweh, God the Father as his Father, then speaks of the babes in Christ and then Jesus applies this Psalm to his own situation as he is the centre of the New Creation and with interesting and humbling language he invites us to come unto him and learn of his ways and find in him the true rest.

Kind regards
Trevor

Back