Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[__ Prayer __] Fears, bullying

I’m 40. I get bullied a lot. I live in a decent neighborhood now which is something of a miracle in my situation…

So this is 100x better than what would be happening in a group home subsidized housing or whatever is left of the state hospital 🏥. I thank God for His mercy and my parents for their generosity.

The flip side of that I think 🤔 is that people act not only as if I don’t belong here but as if they have a right to drive me out.

More taunts at 3 am. I was actually already up so I found it obnoxious but not troubling. At 6:30ish I’d managed to get some sleep 💤 while doing laundry and that woke me up. And…

I tried to put a positive spin on it. It’s getting close to 7 get up! lol 😆 so not a big deal.

But there’s this sinister undertone. People have yelled you’ll be homeless when we’re through with you! And said ridiculous things about my parents and…

It’s frustrating. I’m 40 and this is like high school 🏫 or middle school again but it’s more intense and it’s seemingly impossible to escape.

I tried volunteering but it was bad and I was in a basement room with no escape and I tried talking to my parents about it and my counselor and I was basically told to take my medication 💊 which…

Is an understandable but frustrating and dehumanizing response.

I’m labeled with schizophrenia. I’m not 110 percent complaining…everyone has labels 🏷️ in today’s world 🌍 and mine is partly because of past sins…

But it’s frustrating because I don’t hear voices often and I can distinguish between my thoughts 💭 getting intense and becoming voices and what is around me. Side note: each person is different but my low stress lifestyle and getting adequate sleep seem to be the key 🔑 factors towards overall stability.

People say now…loudly openly…that I need to be evicted. My parents paid cash for this place 6 years ago which was a huge blessing for all of us.

I don’t get it. People also say they want me committed. I’m able to find the free county database that shows that my parents own it how much they paid and when they bought it. I can use this same database to see who owns other units in my complex tax information etc….

But people are literally saying I have upper class pretensions and delusional for thinking that my parents own it?

I’m not trying to hear what people say either. These ap/condos aren’t luxurious but they’re well built and designed to maximize quiet and privacy. If I hear 👂 people they’re either outside or talking deliberately loudly enough for me to hear 👂.

So I’m frustrated. And there was the time I had random gauze pads come out of one ear…and I didn’t put them there. That was not fun but the lord saw me through.

Ugh 😑 sorry to ramble. I’m not big on tv 📺 so I can’t really drown out noises too easily.

I’m frustrated with the situation.

You are 40, your parents won't always be there. So I think one key to your situation is to learn coping mechanisms from a counselor before that happens.

In the meantime I also think another key for you is to ignore the negatives the world throws at you and the positives available through Christ. Since you mentioned you don't watch much TV I would suggest one way to achieve that goal is to set aside time to read your Bible.

Why? Because I have found pretty much every human condition known to man is in that book. And Christ has comfort, solid advice and the power to keep those nasty loud neighbors from bothering you anymore.

And I mean anymore. He can get them totally out of your life if you trust God, Him and the Spirit to make that happen for you.

Back