Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Feminism - Let's just do it

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's good on paper, but has accomplished its goal and doesn't really need to exist anymore.

Girl power crap and the other stupidity about how men are evil is just the vocal minority ruining the cause for everyone else. Just like any other stereotype.

Joe's chart illustrates what was happening in a lot of States at the time, in particular, beginning in the early 1970's: more and more States were adding in "no fault" as a cause for divorce. This had a drastic effect on rising divorce rates.

Women who were victims of domestic abuse were able to leave very harmful situations. And they did so in large numbers. No longer did they have to remain in marriages that put their lives - and the lives of their children - at risk.

Likewise, with the 'No Fault' claim, large numbers of men were walking away from their marriages. No longer did they have to take responsibility for their wives and families.

There are any number of reasons why people choose to end their marriages. But as the stiff requirements for filing were eased, it became far too easy for people to walk away from marriages.

In order to have proper perspective, one must look at all factors. To blame the rise of divorces in the past 50 years on one single cause, is erroneous.

Just my 2-cents' worth.....

Yes, there is often more than one cause.

But now with Drive-Thru divorces in some States, it really does trivialize the whole institution of marriage.

Good point, Farouk ... the Drive-Thru divorces in some States.

Goes to show that some people get into marriage for the wrong reasons .... and know they can get out of marriages quickly if they don't like being married.

Talk about hardness of hearts........

Why did so many men in the 1960s wear their hair long???

Why did some people wear huge Afros???

It has everything to do with personal preference. Long hair can cause some people to have headaches, because of the weight of the hair.

Women have chosen short hair cuts for decades prior to the 1960s. It had nothing to do with feminism.

It's good on paper, but has accomplished its goal and doesn't really need to exist anymore.
:thumbsup

What they really should be concentrating on is trying to help women in countries where it's still lawful for them to be abused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying, Joe, that America is hated in the world because we are helping women in countries where they can still be abused?

Or are you saying America is hated in the world because we are not helping women in countries where they can still be abused?

So I can tell there's some individuals who are itching to tackle this topic; to the point that "feminism" comments are crawling into things that have only tangential connections to them. So, I'm down for just having it out here.

I don't think feminism is in any way the threat that some people make it out to be. The original feminism was to allow women to be seen under the law as persons; to own property and be able to vote. Then it extended to allowing women equal protection at jobs. So far, so good. Nowadays mainstream "feminism" (nobody really calls it that anymore) seems to have calmed down considerably as women are generally treated as equals by governments, courts, and employers.

I sometimes wonder if the people most opposed to equality for women are themselves more threatened than average by the prospect. I know I'm as comfortable with a woman supervisor as a man, ditto for coworkers.

At the very least, people can hopefully distinguish between radical feminism (which should be ignored, like radicals from any demographic including religious), and women in general. Because I've seen a lot of pretty misogynistic posts on here lately.

Well, I dunno what to say. Shall someone post a long angry rant about females, perhaps?

Oh, one final request: if anyone feels the need to talk about "Marxist feminists", can you kindly explain the link between the two? Because women didn't exactly fare too well under communism, and Marx himself was a womanizer who got his housekeeper pregnant.

Darkhorse, Every word you speak is pure feminist rhetoric. You have been indoctrinated by your liberal education.

In previous threads you have stated you have never had a girlfriend. Please get back to me about how much you believe in feminism after you have suffered a few "breakups"

I've got news for you, feminism was never about "equal rights" for women. It was about busting up the family unit in order to increase dependence on the government.

I was there in the 60's when all this feminist stuff started. It was started by communists, lesbians, and those who practiced witchcraft.

Well said and quite correct. People like Darkhorse simply don't have the long-term memory that you and I have of an earlier time before feminism and cannot see for themselves the effects over time the ideology has had on society. All they know is what they've been told by their cultural marxist college professors.

I don't think feminism is in any way the threat that some people make it out to be. The original feminism was to allow women to be seen under the law as persons; to own property and be able to vote. Then it extended to allowing women equal protection at jobs. So far, so good. Nowadays mainstream "feminism" (nobody really calls it that anymore) seems to have calmed down considerably as women are generally treated as equals by governments, courts, and employers.
Women's suffrage in the United States was achieved gradually, at state and local levels, during the late 19th century and early 20th century, culminating in 1920 with the passage of the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which provided: "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

During the 19th century some women in the United States and Britain began to challenge laws that denied them the right to their property once they married. Under the common law doctrine of coverture husbands gained control of their wives' real estate and wages. Beginning in the 1840s, state legislatures in the United States<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-57">[58]</sup> and the British Parliament<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-58">[59]</sup> began passing statutes that protected women's property from their husbands and their husbands' creditors. These laws were known as the Married Women's Property Acts.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-59">[60]</sup> Courts in the 19th-century United States also continued to require privy examinations of married women who sold their property. A privy examination was a practice in which a married woman who wished to sell her property had to be separately examined by a judge or justice of the peace outside of the presence of her husband and asked if her husband was pressuring her into signing the document.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-60">[61]</sup>

Not 1960s guys

The divorce chart goes along with THE PILL...and his ability to cheat with out getting a girl friend pregnant. More so then feminism

At the very least, people can hopefully distinguish between radical feminism (which should be ignored, like radicals from any demographic including religious), and women in general. Because I've seen a lot of pretty misogynistic posts on here lately.
Well said ...

But the 60's was when the real sickness started.

Those who came of age in 1960s were also the first generation of people who, many of them, spent time in day care centers while their mothers worked during WWII.

America had also tried to win a no-win situation in Korea .... plus, from late 1950s into the 60s, there was the escalation of Viet Nam, where we initially went in as advisers to the French who were trying to retain their hold on Viet Nam.

The 60s was a decade of vast changes, some good and some not good .... including for Civil Rights. America saw a sitting president murdered before our very eyes. We saw, later, our late president's brother murdered. We saw another murder in the person of a Civil Rights leader.

You cannot simply place all the blame of the past 50+ years on feminism.

Thanks, Joe, for the clarification. Your explanation is how I read it...then thought about it...decided it was best to be certain.

So you think it's fine that women should be abused?

I place the destruction of the family on the mans shoulders.

The women i know would love to have a man they can honor and respect. Some do have such a man some dont.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back