Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Financial problems--angry with my husband.

Glammaw4

My mother passed away and left us a nice inheritance. My husband hasn't always had the best job, but this last job he had has been the best job he has ever had. He saw my mom left us this money, and he retired, even though I knew it would deplete us because I have been staying home. I quit my job a few years ago. because the company I worked for previously put me in a bad situation, and I transcribed at home for a few years. After he retired, my savings started going down--so I started looking for work. I started looking outside the home, I even had a friend or two put in a good word for me, and I even applied at my church and had an interview--nothing worked out. I also started looking again for transcription jobs at home with no luck. So our savings is now gone. My husband has refused to get extra work. He feels it's up to me. In the meantime, we are getting deeper in debt. I am becoming more and more resentful towards him. I have a small Ebay business and I make a little money from a Tiktok account. I just this week picked up a transcription job, thank God, it doesn't pay much, but I am praying with time, it will do something. Please pray for us, and please pray my husband's heart changes, because the way things are, he is going to have to do something.

In the meantime, we are getting deeper in debt. I am becoming more and more resentful towards him. I have a small Ebay business and I make a little money from a Tiktok account. I just this week picked up a transcription job, thank God, it doesn't pay much, but I am praying with time, it will do something. Please pray for us, and please pray my husband's heart changes, because the way things are, he is going to have to do something.

Blessings in Christ, Glammaw, and welcome to our forum.

The "getting deeper in debt" part is troubling, so I would pray against that first. I would try to take steps to get rid of all the credit cards, and pray he wakes up to reality and maybe it motivates him a little more to go find some work. Sounds like he's grown comfortable and doesn't want to change now.

The trouble, of course, is that he is the man of the household, so taking away privileges may be delicate. But your situation here isn't, and he needs to wake up. It won't be getting easier to get out of debt, it will be getting increasingly impossible without the grace of God. But that's really your biggest answer right there. Give yourself increasingly to prayer, and ask Him to fix the problem for you, and also to give you the wisdom to help guide the situation in a better direction.

You can also post your concerns to the Prayer Forum, where they might receive a little more intercession on your behalf.

Blessings again, and thanks for sharing your concerns,
Hidden

Blessings in Christ, Glammaw, and welcome to our forum.

The "getting deeper in debt" part is troubling, so I would pray against that first. I would try to take steps to get rid of all the credit cards, and pray he wakes up to reality and maybe it motivates him a little more to go find some work. Sounds like he's grown comfortable and doesn't want to change now.

The trouble, of course, is that he is the man of the household, so taking away privileges may be delicate. But your situation here isn't, and he needs to wake up. It won't be getting easier to get out of debt, it will be getting increasingly impossible without the grace of God. But that's really your biggest answer right there. Give yourself increasingly to prayer, and ask Him to fix the problem for you, and also to give you the wisdom to help guide the situation in a better direction.

You can also post your concerns to the Prayer Forum, where they might receive a little more intercession on your behalf.

Blessings again, and thanks for sharing your concerns,
Hidden
Thank you so much!

I have seen this before. Not specifically the way this came about for you, but it is not new.

My question is, are you both attending a church where the leadership has an active role in the spiritual lives of the congregation? If so, is there anyone there who would be able to come alongside him and impress upon him his duties as the head of the household? This may be an avenue that God will use to change his heart.

Back