Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Firearms

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
P

phantom309

This is not a post open for,or intended to, debate on firearms or the usage of them.Its here for those of us who enjoy firearms or any associated activities,whether it be hunting,target shooting,etc.

I got this idea from another forum I recently joined,and figured there might be a few outdoor enthusiasts here that like to talk about their hobby.

So what different guns do you own,and what is your favorite?What hobbies do you have that revolve around them?

Ive only been into guns for the last 5 years or so.Much of my interest came from watching all those good action movies,which of course led to a curiosity on how it would be to shoot the real deal.When a friend of mine took me to shoot his AR-15,I was instantly hooked.So now I have a small mix of hunting and tactical arms but I do favor the tactical variety much more.There are just way more customization options associated with the assault/military line of firearms as well as options and application.

I just took my step-daughter,age 13,shooting for the first time and she had a blast.We started her out on a scoped,bolt-action Marlin .22 mag.It was light enough for her to shoot free-hand,had no recoil and was easy to put on paper.She ended up doing really good and went home with a big ole smile on her face.

My current favorite is my Bushmaster M4.I pretty much bought it plain jane,factory handguard with the A3 carry handle.Recently Ive begun making slight modifications with the intent to fully trick her out with some good stuff.I recently picked up a Bravo Company VLTOR charging handle which does seem more solid than its factory counterpart.I also have my eyes on a quad rail system from LaRue Tactical (I love the "Live Free Or Die" logo on them,plus its a quality product),and am debating on chopping off the A-frame iron sight in favor of some Troy Industries picatinny flip-up battle sights.The last thing I might add is a short under-barrel grip and changing the color scheme from all-black to a black-OD mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took my step-daughter,age 13,shooting for the first time and she had a blast.We started her out on a scoped,bolt-action Marlin .22 mag.It was light enough for her to shoot free-hand,had no recoil and was easy to put on paper.She ended up doing really good and went home with a big ole smile on her face.QUOTE]

this remind me of our soon activity tomorrow saturday after office , hehehe i am so excited coz it will be my first time to try Shooting range ..........go fire:fullauto

Lol,nice.What will you be shooting?

Fun times to be had at the range,thats for sure.I always liked just getting together with friends on some private land and tearing up some bottles and cans too.

I LOVE guns. I really want to get some firearms, but I don't know which I should strive for first. I have fired AK's and AR's. My favorite sidearm is the H&K MK23 SOCOM. My "dream" pistol and gun of Solid Snake. (MGS) as you know this is on expensive piece of kit. I like the Tactical military styled firearms best, but I cant decide where to start. My favorite rifle is the FNH MK17 MOD 0 Scar H, which at $3500, is a extremely expensive piece of kit. Where do I start though?

Hey Porsche,
Sorry for the delayed reply..Ive been enjoying some downtime at the house and as such havent been checking the boards much.

Well that depends on a few key factors.Budget will determine much of that choice,but consider the intended application as well.

For example,my budget tends to float in the middle range so to speak.I would have a hard time at the moment plopping down 3500 for the Scar,much less the cost of additional customization.I have to stick somewhere around the 1500 range for the cost of a firearm.A typical trip to the rage with my Bushmaster M4 costs around $200,which is mainly the price of the ammo which is sky-high these days.And thats just .223..if you were to buy an assault rifle chambered for .308 or 6.8 it gets substantially higher,same for specialized ammo such as the 5.7x28.

If youre on the low end of the spectrum ,I would recommend starting out with a mid-grade AK.You can find these easily enough in most gunshops from 400-600.Customization isnt expensive,ammo is cheap and its a tough gun that keeps firing in a variety of harsh conditions.

If youre running with more cash then obviously your options are more open and I would then say examine your intentions and shop according to application.

If you just plan on being a casual target shooter,youd do well with an AR15 or M4.The .223 offers light recoil and good accuracy and the AR/M4 platform has the most customization parts and accessories of the assault family.

In my case Ive begun to think more along the lines of home defense/disaster prepping.After seeing the chaos that ensued in my home state following Hurricane Katrina I started wondering how I would be able to protect myself and family in the event that our area (which isnt far from New Orleans) should see a temporary or sustained disaster scenario.As such I tend to look more at overall reliability,ammo availability and stopping power.Although I love my M4,it is a finicky rifle that tends to suffer some problems during sustained fire,and has received much criticism from deployed troops on stopping power.Due to this,Im beginning to lean more toward my AK and the good old fashioned Remington 870 shotgun.Now,not only can I enjoy a day at the range with the family,but if the time should come when things are a bit sketchy I dont have to fear robbers or looters.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back