Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

FirstResurrectionRedo

This resurrection is at the second advent. The Bible says it is the "first resurrection." That means there was no resurrection 7 years previously so there was no pre-trib rapture. Similarly there was no mid-trib or pre-wrath rapture. Post-trib has to be true. This looks like rock solid evidence that post-trib is true.

I wonder if the original poster has a hidden agenda. He is trying to discredit this passage as evidence for posttribulationism and this is his best shot.

There is no rapture. Rev 6+7 says it all, we will die if the trib is in the future and not finished in 70AD (which i have yet to decide).

The lie is not pretrib, its that a rapture exists at all.

But yeah totally agree with you on this. The martyrs are martyred. they have their part in the first resurrection, and reign with Christ in the millenial kingdom. I have yet to have a preterist answer to what that means.

Anyway, nice post man.

There is no rapture. Rev 6+7 says it all, we will die if the trib is in the future and not finished in 70AD (which i have yet to decide).

The lie is not pretrib, its that a rapture exists at all.

But yeah totally agree with you on this. The martyrs are martyred. they have their part in the first resurrection, and reign with Christ in the millenial kingdom. I have yet to have a preterist answer to what that means.

Anyway, nice post man.
I suggest you review the OP

I suggest you review the OP

Yeah, thats figurative beyond logical. for one, it says we reign 1000 years, which your theory does not account for. Also the resurrection of Jesus was a portent of what will come, a real true resurrection. Look at Paul defending the resurrection in his epistles. It is a real physical resurrection. Which is granted us who are martyred in the tribulation, the promise of life, as well as all who believe in him. It is a resurrection without condemnation (i.e. punishment).

Yeah, thats figurative beyond logical. for one, it says we reign 1000 years, which your theory does not account for.
Actually Paul is quoted saying we reign in life through Christ . A point you missed and according to Paul to live is Christ and to die is gain. So if we reign in life and to die we gain what could we possible gain except being closer to Christ? The royal status of the believer is not lost through death but enhanced. This would be especially encouraging to a First Century believer having witnessed the martyrdom of many ,some being apostles.
Also the resurrection of Jesus was a portent of what will come, a real true resurrection. Look at Paul defending the resurrection in his epistles. It is a real physical resurrection.
The focus here is described in the Apocalypse as 'the first resurrection ' it is spoken of by Christ himself here;

4Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

This is a process that began when he walked in the flesh and continues to this day. You can see that both John and Paul adopted Christ's language wrt 'passing from death unto life'. Men of every generation are being 'raised up in Christ' in the spiritual sense , brought back from death , I doubt you would be so silly as to insist this is a physical matter.
Which is granted us who are martyred in the tribulation, the promise of life, as well as all who believe in him. It is a resurrection without condemnation (i.e. punishment).
From the OP;

The purpose here is to show cause why the 'First Resurrection' is the regeneration (born-again) of the believer and not a Resurrection of the body.

The believer today meets all the requirements of the definition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
Thinking of this verse who owns the cattle on hill number 1001?

Also back to topic!
Interesting that so much is made of this, especially noting that there is not the slightest indication here or anywhere in scripture of a limit on His kingdom.

Hi Hitch, I just joined this forum in order to bring support to your position that the first resurrection is when a person is "born again."

ChapterSix%20(22).jpg

Back