Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] FLDS Children

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

This is so sad, this case where these children have been taken from the only world they know and placed into foster care. Any child placed in foster care have fears and issues with being torn from their families, no matter how necessary the fostering is. Added to the normal fears that any kid would have, these children have been raised to believe that if they live with the rest of us, and do not remain with their church, they will face eternal damnation. Sad. I really uplift these kids to the Lord. I've known one guy who was raised in a polygamous home and the abuses are terrible, as well as the fear of what is known as 'blood atonement'; the belief that if a child becomes so compromised by 'sin' the best thing for the father to do is to kill the child. My friend wanted to go back to see if he could possibly get his younger sister out of the sect, yet was fearful that if he got too close to the home, he might be killed, in order that his soul could be 'saved'. His sect was in northern Arizona.

Anyway, these kids have a long road before them and there are no easy answers for them. And, as much as I want to smack some of the women there, they need prayer as well. If they acted the way they did, it was because they were most likely brainwashed into believing this is what their god wants them to do.

I'm not disagreeing with you Dora, I tend to look on the positive side of this, and I believe that God wanted this brought to light, He knows how much they all have suffered there and I believe He wanted a stop put to it. I believe that He wants them to live as normal lives as possible. The hardest part for Mothers and the children of course is that they are separated and it's heart breaking for the mothers and the children. If they are ever to lead normal lives as other people do, the healing has to begin for all of them ( away from the sect), etc. so that they can get counceling, and learn to live normal lives. I pray for them daily and ask God to heal & bless them.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Yes, I agree that God brought this to light and am glad that He did so. We just need to remember to keep these kids in our prayers. I'm not sure what the foster care laws in Texas are, but here in Idaho, there is nothing to prevent foster parents from taking foster kids to church and having them take part in normal family religious practises. Hopefully, these kids can be placed in Christian homes in which they can be lovingly taught more of God's truth and that fear can be replaced with God's love.

I agree with you Dora 100%- these children are so fragile,I believe CPS is doing what's best for the children, I pray they are placed in good Christian homes. What scares me, is the fact that if the mothers are reunited with their children, they'll take them back to the sect. I really don't want to see that happen. Wouldn't it be better for the mothers to start new lives of their own with their children outside the sect? So that they can't be abused again.That's what I hope for is for their lives to begin a new through healing and counceling, new homes, etc

Rosalee Decker

Wouldn't it be better for the mothers to start new lives of their own with their children outside the sect?

It certainly would, but it is difficult, because the mothers do have the 'freedom' to participate in whatever religion they desire to. And, the FLDS gets around laws by having the man marry only one wife legally, the rest are 'spiritual' marriages. So, with the exception of the underage brides, it would be hard to bring criminal charges against the mothers.

According to Brian, (my friend who grew up in the FLDS) there is a lot of physical abuse as well as emtional abuse at these polygamous compounds. However, unless there are actual signs of abuse, if the kids stay 'on message' and say that they are loved and cared for, I'm not sure what the state can do. Natually, the underage mothers and mother's to be can be held in protective custody due to the fact that they were obviously raped. The younger kids though, hard to say.

Truly a matter for much prayer as many folks need godly wisdom to work their way through all this.

I'll just keep praying for them and that God will guide them in the right path for their lives. Plus pray for protection of their minds and bodies from anymore abuse. I'm glad that your friend is out of that type of situation.

Rosalee Decker

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back