Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

For Solo...Solo

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

Georges

I would like to throw a personal challenge to Solo to read the article I put together explaining ELOHIM and what it means...I respectfully ask that no one besides Solo reply because I want to see if he can honestly refute the points in the article....and ask the mods to keep this thread open for all to read if they choose.

Solo....You certainly type as someone who has authority. I challenge you to read the article line for line and comment on each. I want to see if you can change my opinion......of course a coward would decline the invitation.

Deu 6:4: Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD

Hear, Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD

shama Yisra'el Yehovah elohiym ‘echad Yehovah

[08085] [03478] [03068] [430] [0259] [03068]

In other words.....

Deu 6:4: Hear, Israel: Jehovah our Elohim is one Jehovah

Important Terms to be defined by Strong’s:

1) [03068]Jehovah: Jehovah = "the existing One"

1. The proper name of the one true God

2) [0430] Elohim: God
1. Elohim:sadplural)
a) rulers, judges
b) divine ones
c) angels
d) gods

2. Elohim: (singular meaning)
a) god, goddess
b) godlike one
c) works or special possessions of God
d) the (true) God
e) God

3. [0410] EL: God
1) god, god-like one, mighty one
a) mighty men, men of rank, mighty heroes
b) angels
c) god, false god, (demons, imaginations)
d) God, the one true God, Jehovah

4. [0259] Echad: One
1) one (number)
a) one (number)
b) each, every
c) a certain
d) an (indefinite article)
e) only, once, once for all
f) one...another, the one...the other, one after another, one by one
g) first

Terms for the names Jehovah, God, and God as defined in Judaism:

1. Jehovah: YHWH

Of the names of God in the Old Testament, that which occurs most frequently (6,823 times) is the so-called Tetragrammaton, Yhwh ( ), the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel. This name is commonly represented in modern translations by the form "Jehovah".
If the explanation of the form above given be the true one, the original pronunciation must have been Yahweh ( ).

Note (GWS): Jehovah (Yahweh, YHVH) is also known as El when YHVH is not to be used. Yahweh is the personal name of God that separates him from the Elohim (sons of God).

2. God: Elohim

….In the Levantine (ancient Middle East) pantheon, the Elohim are the sons of El the ancient of days (olam) assembled on the divine holy place, Mount Zephon (Jebel Aqra). This mountain, which lies in Syria, was regarded as a portal to its heavenly counterpart. The Elohim are ruled by the El called Hadad the most high (elyon) who was known among the common people as "the master" ("Baal"). Assembled on the holy mountain of heaven and ruled by one, the pantheon (Elohim) acts as one.

….A common name of God in the Hebrew Bible is Elohim (Hebrew: אלהים); as opposed to other names mentioned in this article, this name also describes gods of other religions.

….Despite the -im ending common to many plural nouns in Hebrew, the word Elohim, when referring to God is grammatically singular, and regularly takes a singular verb in the Hebrew Bible. It is argued that the word elohim had an origin in a plural grammatical form. When the Hebrew Bible uses elohim not in reference to God, it usually takes plural forms of the verb.

Note (GWS): The first paragraph is given in reference to terms related to the geographic area. It is employed here to show the hierarchy of the Elohim. The Elohim are the sons of El, and are ruled by him. The second paragraph affirms that God, when the verse is inferring singularity, is part of the Elohim (as the leader of the divine group). The third paragraph states that Elohim, when used in plurality, refers to a “divine group†(i.e. angels et al) and may include God as the verse needs.

3. God (Yahweh): EL

The word El ( ) appears in Hebrew, as an ordinary name of God. It is used in both the singular and plural, both for other gods and for the God of Israel.

Note (GWS): EL is Yahweh (YHVH) who is the Christian Jehovah. Yahweh (Jehovah) is part of the Elohim (the sons of El) as their ruler, yet the Elohim (the sons of El) are not Yahweh (Jehovah). To the ancient Israelites, it was forbidden to call God by his personal name. To prevent an accidental breaking of the 4th commandment, they called him by descriptive titles…one of these title names for YHVH is EL SHADDAI which translates as Almighty God. EL (Jehovah) SHADDAI (Almighty) would be used instead of YHVH SHADDAI.

4. One: Echad

(GWS) In regard to the verse above, One (Echad), doesn’t mean that Jehovah and Elohim are One, as in “one and the same†rather, One refers to “Number Oneâ€Â, the First in Order, the First in Hierarchy. In other words Jehovah is the Leader of the Elohim. This verse is a very important concept needed. Why? I believe it was because, the Israelites had just left polytheistic Egypt and were about to enter polytheistic Canaan. God needed to make it clear to the Israelites that He alone was El, and that he was above the heavenly entities (Elohim).

Note (GWS): To explain the relationship between Jehovah (Yahweh) and the Elohim, I will use the President and Congress of the United States in a rough but workable comparison. I do realize that the three branches of the government are a checks and balance system where one branch is no more powerful than the others, however in this example, I will submit that the President is the most powerful position and will use that in the example below. I will insert the Jewish terms next to the group names I’ll be using.

1. Elohim: The Congress of the USA including (but not necessarily) the President.
2. El: The title/position of President of the USA as leader of the Congress.
3. Jehovah (YHVH): The personal name of the President (ie George Bush).

The Scenario for the Jewish interpretation of Elohim is as follows:
George Bush (Jehovah) is the President (EL) of the United States of America. He, George Bush (Jehovah) is the leader (EL) over Congress (Elohim). George Bush (Jehovah) as leader (El) over Congress (Elohim) is actually part of the Congress (Elohim). That makes George Bush (Jehovah) part of the Congress (Elohim), yet separately its leader (EL).

Jehovah (God) is part of the Elohim (God, in Christian terms, Divine Ones in Judsaism) and rules over the Elohim. Who are the Elohim? Refer to the Strong’s definition listed above and you will find it includes a group of heavenly beings including angels…I submit that the Messiah as a divine being is among the group of Elohim.

Again, using the analogy of the President and Congress of the USA, I will include the Messiah as part of the Elohim (Godhead, sons of God). Jesus (Vice President) serves under EL (President) yet he, Jesus, is above the Elohim (Congress) in hierarchal order. However, as the Vice President is above the Congress, he is by definition part of the Congress. Just as the President is above Congress, yet he is by definition part of Congress. The Elohhim are one….in that they serve Jehovah, who is number 1 in it’s hierarchy.

In another bad but workable comparison, Deu 6:4 paraphrased states:

“Hear O USA, George Bush your Congressman, is the only George Bushâ€Â.

Or,

“Hear O USA, George Bush your Congressman is the Leaderâ€Â.

Where George Bush is the personal name of the Leader of Congress, and Congress consists of a group of individuals who are above the common man. The repeat of George Bush affirms that he alone is the number One man, and that there is only one George Bush.

The Problem: Interpretation of definitions

Trinitarian Christianity interprets “Elohim†as “God (Father), God (Son), God (HS)â€Â. A three in one Godhead. This meets their need of having the Old Testament prove that Jesus as God in their definition of the Godhead. However, none of the Hebrew definitions of “Elohim†as given by Strong’s Concordance include “God (Son) and God (HS)â€Â. Having said that, since Elohim is a plural of El, in the Trinitarian thought process, something must fill that void to make the trinity work in this verse. In other words they need to make a plural, single, yet plural. Thus, they add their own definition to “Elohimâ€Â, in other words, they disregard the definitions as given above, and add “God (Son) and God (HS)â€Â, instead of Jehovah, Messiah, and the Angel’a (divine ones). That works if you disregard Judaism and insert your own definition of “Elohim†to fit your cause.

Judaism on the other hand doesn’t consider the HS as a person so it can’t be included in the Elohim. The Messiah does however fit as part of the Elohim because he is a divine being. What are counted as Elohim in Judaism include divine beings such as the preincarnate Messiah, and the angels.

Now that it has been established that Elohim means God Family (or divine group) meaning a range of heavenly entities, we can establish who the Messiah is and that he is not Jehovah, but he is part of the Elohim (Heavenly Group).

Part 2: Who is the Messiah?

As part of the Elohim as defined above, excerpt’s from the Jewishencyclopedia.com article on “Messiah†below gives an insight on the preincarnate Messiah as part of “the†Elohim:

1. The Heavenly Messiah:

The oldest apocalypse in which the conception of a preexistent heavenly Messiah is met with is the Messiological section of the Book of Enoch (37-71) of the first century B.C. The Messiah is called "the Son of Man," and is described as an angelic being, his countenance resembling a man's, and as occupying a seat in heaven beside the Ancient of Days (46:1), or, as it is expressed in (39:7), "under the wings of the Lord of spirits."
*(Note GWS): Messiah is described as a divine one (Elohim) who sits beside (a supporting position) Jehovah (EL). The Book of Enoch was a very important religious document in the centuries surrounding the birth of Jesus. It is even referenced to in Jude 1:14, so its weight is important.
In ch. 48:3, 6, 49:2b it is stated that "His name was called before the Lord of spirits before the sun and the signs of the zodiac were created, and before the stars of heaven were made"; that "He was chosen and hidden with God before the world was created, and will remain in His presence forevermore". He is represented as the embodiment of justice and wisdom and as the medium of all God's revelations to men (46:3; 49:1, 2a, 3). At the end of time the Lord will reveal him to the world and will place him on the throne of His glory in order that he may judge all creatures in accordance with the end to which God had chosen him from the beginning. When he rises for the judgment all the world will fall down before him, and adore and extol him, and give praise to the Lord of spirits. The angels in heaven also, and the elect in the Garden of Life, will join in his praise and will glorify the Lord. "He will judge all hidden things, and no one will be able to make vain excuses to him"; he will judge also Azazel, with all his associates and all his hosts. The wicked ones of the earth, especially all kings and potentates, he will give over to damnation, but for the just and chosen ones he will prepare eternal bliss, and he will dwell in their midst for all eternity (45:3, 4; 46:4-6; 48:4-10; 49:4; 51:3; 55:4; 61:7- 62:14).

2. Heavenly Preexistence of the Messiah:

The conception of the preexistent Messiah is met with in Pesiḳ. R. 33, 36. In accordance with the Messiological section of Enoch the former of these two passages says: "At the beginning of the creation of the world was born the King Messiah, who mounted into God's thoughts before the world was made"; and in the latter passage it is related that God contemplated the Messiah and his works before the creation of the world and concealed him under His throne; that Satan, having asked God who the Light was under His throne, was told it was the one who would bring him to shame in the future, and, being then allowed, at his request, to see the Messiah, he trembled and sank to the ground, crying out, "Truly this is the Messiah who will deliver me and all heathen kings over to hell." God calls the Messiah "Ephraim, my righteous Messiah."
The preexistent Messiah is presented also in the Haggadah (Pes. 54a; Ned. 39a; Yalḳ. i. 20; et al.), where the name of the Messiah is included among the seven things created before the world was made, and where he is called "Yinnon," reference being made to Ps 72:17.

3. Memra:

The Christian Interpretation of John 1:1-3:

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God.

Jhn 1:2 The same (Jesus) was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him (Jesus); and without him (Jesus) was not any thing made that was made.

The Jewish Interpretation of John 1:1-3:

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the (Memra), and the (Memra) was with Jehovah, and the (Memra) was Elohim(part of the heavenly group).

Jhn 1:2 The (Memra) was in the beginning with Jehovah.

Jhn 1:3 All things were made by the (Memra); and without the (Memra) was not any thing made that was made.

Note (GWS): By using the Jewish interpretation of the terms defined in Deu 6:4, John 1:1-3 takes on a whole different meaning than given by the traditional Christian interpretation. In Western interpretation of the Greek translation, John 1:1 can only be interpreted in terms of “Jesus is God†but, since John was a Hebrew, the verse must be translated using Hebrew terms….once this is done, the proper perspective is obtained.

From the article “Memra†as copied from http://www.Jewishencyclopedia.com:

"The Word," in the sense of the creative or directive word or speech of God manifesting His power in the world of matter or mind; a term used especially in the Targum as a substitute for "the Lord" when an anthropomorphic expression is to be avoided.

*(Note GWS): What the opening statement is suggesting is that Jehovah who is Holy, because of his glory, cannot deal with man on a personal/physical level. Therefore the active Memra of God is used in his place when dealing with man.

Biblical Data:

In Scripture "the word of the Lord" commonly denotes the speech addressed to patriarch or prophet (Gen. 15:1; Num. 12:6, 23:5; I Sam. 3:21; Amos 5:1-8); but frequently it denotes also the creative word: "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made" (Ps. 33:6; comp. "For He spake, and it was done"; "He sendeth his word, and melteth them [the ice]"; "Fire and hail; snow, and vapors; stormy wind fulfilling his word"; Ps. 33:9, 147:18, 148:8). In this sense it is said, "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven" (Ps. 119:89). "The Word," heard and announced by the prophet, often became, in the conception of the seer, an efficacious power apart from God, as was the angel or messenger of God: "The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel" (Isa. 9:7 [A. V. 8], 55:11); "He sent his word, and healed them" (Ps. 107:20); and comp. "his word runneth very swiftly" (Ps. 147:15).

Memra, as the Personification of the Word:

1. In Apocryphal and Rabbinical Literature:

While in the Book of Jubilees, 12:22, the word of God is sent through the angel to Abraham, in other cases it becomes more and more a personified agency: "By the word of God exist His works" (Ecclus. [Sirach] 42:15); "The Holy One, blessed be He, created the world by the 'Ma'amar'" (Mek., Beshallaḥ, 10, with reference to Ps. 33:6). Quite frequent is the expression, especially in the liturgy, "Thou who hast made the universe with Thy word and ordained man through Thy wisdom to rule over the creatures made by Thee" (Wisdom 9:1; comp. "Who by Thy words causest the evenings to bring darkness, who openest the gates of the sky by Thy wisdom"; . . . "who by His speech created the heavens, and by the breath of His mouth all their hosts"; through whose "words all things were created"; see Singer's "Daily Prayer-Book," pp. 96, 290, 292). So also in IV Esdras 6:38 ("Lord, Thou spakest on the first day of Creation: 'Let there be heaven and earth,' and Thy word hath accomplished the work"). "Thy word, O Lord, healeth all things" (Wisdom 16:12); "Thy word preserveth them that put their trust in Thee" (l.c. 16:26). Especially strong is the personification of the word in Wisdom 18:15: "Thine Almighty Word leaped down from heaven out of Thy royal throne as a fierce man of war." The Mishnah, with reference to the ten passages in Genesis (ch. 1) beginning with "And God said," speaks of the ten "ma'amarot" (= "speeches") by which the world was created (Abot 5:1; comp. Gen. R. 4:2: "The upper heavens are held in suspense by the creative Ma'amar"). Out of every speech ["dibbur"] which emanated from God an angel was created (Ḥag. 14a). "The Word ["dibbur"] called none but Moses" (Lev. R. 1:4, 5). "The Word ["dibbur"] went forth from the right hand of God and made a circuit around the camp of Israel" (Cant. R. 1:13).

Note (GWS): The Memra is “a personified Agentâ€Â, God’s representative as is God himself were there.

2. In the Targum:

In the Targum the Memra figures constantly as the manifestation of the divine power, or as God's messenger in place of God Himself, wherever the predicate is not in conformity with the dignity or the spirituality of the Deity. Instead of the Scriptural "You have not believed in the Lord," Targ. Deut. 1:32 has "You have not believed in the word of the Lord"; instead of "I shall require it [vengeance] from him," Targ. Deut. 18:19 has "My word shall require it." "The Memra," instead of "the Lord," is "the consuming fire" (Targ. Deut. 9:3; comp. Targ. Isa. 30:27). The Memra "plagued the people" (Targ. Yer. to Ex. 32:35). "The Memra smote him" (II Sam. 6:7; comp. Targ. I Kings 18:24; Hos. 13:14; et al.). Not "God," but "the Memra," is met with in Targ. Ex. 19:17 (Targ. Yer. "the Shekinah"; comp. Targ. Ex. 25:22: "I will order My Memra to be there"). "I will cover thee with My Memra," instead of "My hand" (Targ. Ex. 33:22). Instead of "My soul," "My Memra shall reject you" (Targ. Lev. 26:30; comp. Isa. 1:14, 42:1; Jer. 6:8; Ezek. 23:18). "The voice of the Memra," instead of "God," is heard (Gen. 3:8; Deut. 4:33, 36; 5:21; Isa. 6:8; et al.). Where Moses says, "I stood between the Lord and you" (Deut. 5:5), the Targum has, "between the Memra of the Lord and you"; and the "sign between Me and you" becomes a "sign between My Memra and you" (Ex. 31:13, 17; comp. Lev. 26:46; Gen. 9:12; 17:2, 7, 10; Ezek. 20:12). Instead of God, the Memra comes to Abimelek (Gen. 20:3), and to Balaam (Num. 23:4). His Memra aids and accompanies Israel, performing wonders for them (Targ. Num. 23:21; Deut. 1:30, 33:3; Targ. Isa. 63:14; Jer. 31:1; Hos. 9:10 [comp. 11:3, "the messenger-angel"]). The Memra goes before Cyrus (Isa. 45:12). The Lord swears by His Memra (Gen. 21:23, 22:6, 24:3; Ex. 32:13; Num. 14:30; Isa. 45:23; Ezek. 20:5; et al.). It is His Memra that repents (Targ. Gen. 6:6, 8:21; I Sam. 15:11, 35). Not His "hand," but His "Memra has laid the foundation of the earth" (Targ. Isa. 48:13); for His Memra's or Name's sake does He act (l.c. 48:11; II Kings 14:34). Through the Memra God turns to His people (Targ. Lev. 26:90; II Kings 13:23), becomes the shield of Abraham (Gen. 15:1), and is with Moses (Ex. 3:12; 4:12, 15) and with Israel (Targ. Yer. to Num. 10:35, 36; Isa. 63:14). It is the Memra, not God Himself, against whom man offends (Ex. 16:8; Num. 14:5; I Kings 8:50; II Kings 19:28; Isa. 1:2, 16; 45:3, 20; Hos. 5:7, 6:7; Targ. Yer. to Lev. 5:21, 6:2; Deut. 5:11); through His Memra Israel shall be justified (Targ. Isa. 45:25); with the Memra Israel stands in communion (Targ. Josh. 22:24, 27); in the Memra man puts his trust (Targ. Gen. 15:6; Targ. Yer. to Ex. 14:31; Jer. 39:18, 49:11).

Note (GWS): How many of the bolded statements about the Memra can be seen as descriptions of Jesus?

3. Mediatorship:

Like the Shekinah (comp. Targ. Num. 23:21), the Memra is accordingly the manifestation of God. "The Memra brings Israel nigh unto God and sits on His throne receiving the prayers of Israel" (Targ. Yer. to Deut. 4:7). It shielded Noah from the flood (Targ. Yer. to Gen. 7:16) and brought about the dispersion of the seventy nations (l.c. 11:8); it is the guardian of Jacob (Gen. 28:20-21, 35:3) and of Israel (Targ. Yer. to Ex. 12:23, 29); it works all the wonders in Egypt (l.c. 13:8, 14:25); hardens the heart of Pharaoh (l.c. 13:15); goes before Israel in the wilderness (Targ. Yer. to Ex. 20:1); blesses Israel (Targ. Yer. to Num. 23:8); battles for the people (Targ. Josh. 3:7, 10:14, 23:3). As in ruling over the destiny of man the Memra is the agent of God (Targ. Yer. to Num. 27:16), so also is it in the creation of the earth (Isa. 45:12) and in the execution of justice (Targ. Yer. to Num. 33:4). So, in the future, shall the Memra be the comforter (Targ. Isa. 65:13): "My Shekinah I shall put among you, My Memra shall be unto you for a redeeming deity, and you shall be unto My Name a holy people" (Targ. Yer. to Lev. 22:12). "My Memra shall be unto you like a good plowman who takes off the yoke from the shoulder of the oxen"; "the Memra will roar to gather the exiled" (Targ. Hos. 11:5, 10). The Memra is "the witness" (Targ. Yer. 29:23); it will be to Israel like a father (l.c. 31:9) and "will rejoice over them to do them good" (l.c. 32: 41). "In the Memra the redemption will be found" (Targ. Zech. 12:5). "The holy Word" was the subject of the hymns of Job (Test. of Job, 12:3, ed. Kohler).

4. The Jewish Law of Agency:

The Law of Agency deals with the status of a person (known as the agent) acting by direction of another (the principal), and thereby legally binding the principal in his connection with a third person. The person who binds a principal in this manner is his agent, known in Jewish law as sheluaḥ or sheliaḥ (one that is sent): the relation of the former to the latter is known as agency (sheliḥut). The general principle is enunciated thus: A man's agent is like himself (Ḳid. 41b).

1. Appointment:

1. Under the Jewish law an agent may be appointed without the formality of writing, that is, by spoken words; and witnesses are not needed to give effect to these words, except to prove, in case of dispute, that authority had been given, and the extent of such authority. The standard authorities draw this conclusion from the remark in Ḳiddushin, 65b, that witnesses are needed only to meet denials.

Note (GWS): Jesus was given full authority to act on God’s behalf having the criteria met above met in God’s proclaimation:

Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

An agent may appoint a subagent (Ḳid. 41a); but under the Roman, as well as under the English-American law, he can do so only by special authorization. Probably this would also have been the ruling under the rabbinic law; but both the Talmud and the standard authorities are silent as to the conditions allowing the appointment of a subagent.

Note (GWS): Jesus gives authority to his disciples to act as subagents:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The authority of a subagent is not terminated by the death of the intermediate, but only by the decease of the principal.

Note (GWS): Even though Jesus the Agent of God was crucified, the Apostles who became subagents of Jesus are still the subagents of God.

Note (GWS): In Short, the Word (Memra) of Jehovah is his Agent when dealing with man on a personal level. Jehovah mindful that sinful man can not behold him directly and live, sends his Memra to conduct his business. In the Old Testament, Jehovah sent the Memra in the form of an Angel to converse/deal with man. In the New Testement, the Memra in the flesh is none other than Jesus, who being the Agent (sent one) of Jehovah, teaches Torah to his disciples as if God himself were standing there.

Also...loosely.....

Elohim can be compared to a Jury....

The Jury can be considered "in type" elohim....a group of individuals...

The Jury foreman can be considered "in type" El...the leader or head of the Jury (elohim)

The Jury foreman's name is Solo...."in type" YHVH....the personal name of the leader of the Jury (elohim).

elohim = Jury
El = Jury Foreman
YHVH = Solo the personal name of the Jury Foreman

Hopefully that makes it very clear...

.of course a coward would decline the invitation.
Georges you just had to throw that in there didn't you. Well don't do that, because thats how stuff gets started.

Lewis W said:
.of course a coward would decline the invitation.
Georges you just had to throw that in there didn't you. Well don't do that, because thats how stuff gets started.

You are right...please strike that comment...I shouldn't have said it. Although I don't consider him a coward, it's just somehow, I didn't think he would take up the challenge without being baited.....
:)

Georges, I can tell you this about Solo, he is not affraid to speak his mind, and he will. And does not have to be prompted to do so. And thank you for your responce, to my post.

Georges,

With your word definitions of Yehovah and El we will study a portion of Scripture in Isaiah which shows definitely that Jesus is Jehovah El.

Your definition of and statement concerning Jehovah is:

Georges said:
[03068]Jehovah: Jehovah = "the existing One"

Of the names of God in the Old Testament, that which occurs most frequently (6,823 times) is the so-called Tetragrammaton, Yhwh ( ), the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel. This name is commonly represented in modern translations by the form "Jehovah".
If the explanation of the form above given be the true one, the original pronunciation must have been Yahweh ( ).

Note (GWS): Jehovah (Yahweh, YHVH) is also known as El when YHVH is not to be used. Yahweh is the personal name of God that separates him from the Elohim (sons of God).

And your definition of and statement concerning El is:

Georges said:
b) angels

The word El ( ) appears in Hebrew, as an ordinary name of God. It is used in both the singular and plural, both for other gods and for the God of Israel.

Note (GWS): EL is Yahweh (YHVH) who is the Christian Jehovah. Yahweh (Jehovah) is part of the Elohim (the sons of El) as their ruler, yet the Elohim (the sons of El) are not Yahweh (Jehovah). To the ancient Israelites, it was forbidden to call God by his personal name. To prevent an accidental breaking of the 4th commandment, they called him by descriptive titles…one of these title names for YHVH is EL SHADDAI which translates as Almighty God. EL (Jehovah) SHADDAI (Almighty) would be used instead of YHVH SHADDAI.

With these definitions and your comments concerning JEHOVAH and El, and the context of scriptures in the book of Isaiah we will see that JEHOVAH is El, and Jesus is El with none other being JEHOVAH EL, Saviour, Jesus.

From the verses below we can see that JEHOVAH (Yehovah) [03068], "the existing One", the one true God is EL and beside JEHOVAH (Yehovah) there is no EL beside him.

JEHOVAH (Yehovah) is a just EL and Saviour, and there is none beside him. JEHOVAH (Yehovah) admonishes that all the ends of the earth look unto him, and be saved for he is EL and there is none else. JEHOVAH (Yehovah) declares that he is EL and there is none else; JEHOVAH (Yehovah) declares that he is EL and that there is none like him.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD (JEHOVAH)? and there is no God(EL) else beside me; a just God (EL) and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God (EL), and there is none else.

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God (EL), and there is none else; I am God (EL), and there is none like me,

Since JEHOVAH (Yehovah) is EL and there is none else, and since JEHOVAH (Yehovah) is a just EL and Saviour, and there is none beside him; the verses that describe Jesus as EL, prove that Jesus is JEHOVAH (Yehovah), EL.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (EL).

Isaiah 8:8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (EL).

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God (EL), The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 10:21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God (EL).

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God (EL) is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God (EL) the LORD (JEHOVAH), he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD JEHOVAH, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God (EL) formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god (EL) among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH), that I am God (EL).

Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God (EL) that hidest thyself, O God (EL) of Israel, the Saviour.

Solo said:

Georges,

With your word definitions of Yehovah and El we will study a portion of Scripture in Isaiah which shows definitely that Jesus is Jehovah El.

Not my definitions as I didn't coin them...Strong's definition....Solo, I know where this is going and I'll play along...just be aware that you are interpreting the Isa passage as though Isa was a Gentile prophet...in other words I believe your perception of "God" in these passages are formed from Gentile Christianity instead of Hebraic Judaism...but, lets go...

Your definition of and statement concerning Jehovah is:

Again Strong's definition....you are making it look like I made the definition up....Strong's is the industry standard..

Georges said:
[03068]Jehovah: Jehovah = "the existing One"

And your definition of and statement concerning El is:

Again, not my definiton but strongs..I just use their definition to clarify the concept.

Georges said:
b) angels

With these definitions and your comments concerning JEHOVAH and El, and the context of scriptures in the book of Isaiah we will see that JEHOVAH is El, and Jesus is El with none other being JEHOVAH EL, Saviour, Jesus.

Thanks Solo....luv Isaiah....my favorite OT book...BTW, it can't be done....

From the verses below we can see that JEHOVAH (Yehovah) [03068], "the existing One", the one true God is EL and beside JEHOVAH (Yehovah) there is no EL beside him.

I agree with your statement...thanks for using the terms, it does avoid confusion.

JEHOVAH (Yehovah) is a just EL and Saviour, and there is none beside him. JEHOVAH (Yehovah) admonishes that all the ends of the earth look unto him, and be saved for he is EL and there is none else. JEHOVAH (Yehovah) declares that he is EL and there is none else; JEHOVAH (Yehovah) declares that he is EL and that there is none like him.

Good so far.....

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD (JEHOVAH)? and there is no God(EL) else beside me; a just God (EL) and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Agree...and well said...except I know where you are going with this....God is Savior, Jesus is Savior, so God is Jesus....but it doesn't work like that.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God (EL), and there is none else.

Agree with this...

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God (EL), and there is none else; I am God (EL), and there is none like me,

Agree with this...

Since JEHOVAH (Yehovah) is EL and there is none else, and since JEHOVAH (Yehovah) is a just EL and Saviour, and there is none beside him; the verses that describe Jesus as EL, prove that Jesus is JEHOVAH (Yehovah), EL.

I must be a mindreader....how'd I guess?

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (EL).

God with us...? How about the sign mean's God is with us? or for us? The prophecy concerns the next chapter in Isa..and the coming invasion of Assyria....Isa simply states that the prophetic events will occur as Jehovah states and the name of the child is Immanuel...meaning that when these things happen, know that God is with them....and will rescue them...as it did happen.

Isaiah 8:8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel (EL).

Tadaaaa.....This is describing the Assyrian invasion....

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God (EL), The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Check the definitions for EL again...in fact, each of the definitions for the other titles can refer to the titles or positions of a man...

[0410] EL: God
b) angels

Isaiah 10:21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God (EL).

Agreed...This is refering to Jehovah "EL". Not Jesus...

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God (EL) is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Agreed....no sign of Jesus here...God is the Savior, Jesus as the Agent of Jehovah has the EL given authority to save us as well...Does't mean that Jesus is Jehovah.

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God (EL) the LORD (JEHOVAH), he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Yep. by Jehovah's Memra was the world created...doesn't mean that the Memra was Jehovah...

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD JEHOVAH, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God (EL) formed, neither shall there be after me.

No problem there...Judaism considers Messiah as being created by Jehovah before the foundation of the world...Doesn't mean Jesus is Jehovah..Jesus as the Memra was created before the foundation of the world...

Isaiah 43:12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god (EL) among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH), that I am God (EL).

Notice another definition as you posted...just as in Isa 9:6 the definition that fits should be used...as you can see in the verse above.

Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God (EL) that hidest thyself, O God (EL) of Israel, the Saviour.

Agree with this...but it doesn't mean Jesus is Jehovah...again the God is the Savior, Jesus is the Savior, so Jesus must be God doesn't work...Jesus (Memra, Elohim) has the authority under the Jewish Law of Agency (posted in the OP) to forgive sins and save....This doesn't mean that he and Jehovah are the same.

Solo...thank you for the tone of the post...I think it is great that you did use the proper terms in the verses you posted...I think if you keep it up, it will click and you will see what I'm talking about... :)

Jehovah, El, elohim, Memra, and Agency....with all of these, I will post the same with just about every verse you post as you had above....there is a reason for that...it's because it works....

Georges,
I know exactly what you believe and you are decieved. It doesn't surprise me that you once again misinterpret the scripture with your antichristian rhetoric. The scriptures show exactly who Jehovah is and who Jesus is, and your lack of being born again has kept the Holy Spirit from dwelling within you, therefore you are blinded to the truth of scripture and you are a follower of the spirit of antichrist.

Hopefully, you will cowboy up one day and be honest with yourself before the LORD Jesus Christ, for if you do not profess the true Christ before man, He will not profess you before the Father.

Solo said:

Georges,
I know exactly what you believe and you are decieved.

What part about it am I decieved at? Did I not use the terms as defined to explain it to you? Did I not use the very terms you used to define the verses you posted?

doesn't surprise me that you once again misinterpret the scripture with your antichristian rhetoric.

Explain to me again what is antiChristian about my interpretation. You posted..I rebutted...you tried to make an agruement that Jehovah was the Savior and Christ is the Savior, therefore Jehovah must be Christ...and I very easily pointed out to you how it is possible to have Jehovah the Savior and Christ the Savior without Christ being Jehovah...What part is antiChristian? Certainly the apostles must have been antiChristian as well using your criteria... :)

The scriptures show exactly who Jehovah is and who Jesus is,

as I pointed out....

and your lack of being born again has kept the Holy Spirit from dwelling within you, therefore you are blinded to the truth of scripture and you are a follower of the spirit of antichrist.

How do you keep dodging the mods? I mean really....You are schooled again and instead of "Gee, George you make some really good points, let me think about it", you go into that goofy antichrist rhetoric...I'd like to know why the mods are constantly slapping me with warnings and you get off scott free....

Hopefully, you will cowboy up one day and be honest with yourself before the LORD Jesus Christ, for if you do not profess the true Christ before man, He will not profess you before the Father.

Back atcha bro...... :) /size]

Gee...that's a shame...you were doing so well....I thought you were going to post intelligently....How disappointed I am.... :sad

Again...as those in forumville are used to seeing...you begin to lose the debate and go into your little tirades.....Go ahead mods...hit me again and put some stank on it....letting Solo go on representing the forum in such a manner...tisk tisk........

Solo...drop the goofy spirit of the antichrist jargon and get back to posting verses...I'm looking forward to your verse postings....save the antichrist talk for your dog....

lets get back to scripture....

Did you read the whole OP? It is very important you read the President Bush / Congress example of Elohim...and understand that principle...

Georges said:
Solo said:
Georges,
I know exactly what you believe and you are deceived.
What part about it am I decieved at? Did I not use the terms as defined to explain it to you? Did I not use the very terms you used to define the verses you posted?
You have denied the context in which EL is used in reference to JEHOVAH and you have twisted the terms that you originally gave to fit an unfounded dogma which you have biased yourself in. You have made the inference that JEHOVAH is not able to make clear his teaching about himself being the only EL and beside him is no other, and then use the name EL referring to His incarnation.

Georges said:
Solo said:
It doesn't surprise me that you once again misinterpret the scripture with your antichristian rhetoric.

Explain to me again what is antiChristian about my interpretation. You posted..I rebutted...you tried to make an agruement that Jehovah was the Savior and Christ is the Savior, therefore Jehovah must be Christ...and I very easily pointed out to you how it is possible to have Jehovah the Savior and Christ the Savior without Christ being Jehovah...What part is antiChristian? Certainly the apostles must have been antiChristian as well using your criteria...

To deny the deity of Jesus Christ, and the coming of JEHOVAH in the flesh is the spirit of antichrist.

Real Jews that taught the scriptures knew that Jesus was claiming to be God when he spoke of being the Son of God. They also did not understand in their flesh the makeup of God Almighty, and His being JEHOVAH in heaven and on earth in the personhood of Father and Son.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. John 10:24-38

Isaiah doesn't jump from one meaning to the next meaning as you do. Isaiah stays right in line in his prophetic proclamation as inspired by the Holy Spirit. Jehovah is EL as you have said, and Isaiah calls Jesus EL as well. Jehovah is the Saviour, and Jesus is the Saviour. A misconception of context and the direction of meaning, as given Isaiah by the Holy Spirit recording that Jehovah declares that HE and HE alone is EL; and that there is no other EL beside HIM, can occur when one is biased by another spirit other than the Holy Spirit. JEHOVAH would not say that he alone was EL, and then turn around and call Jesus EL. JEHOVAH and JESUS are one and the same. The scriptures tell us to determine which spirit we follow, whether the spirit of God or the spirit of antichrist. Those that do not believe that Jesus is JEHOVAH God are following the spirit of antichrist. When this fact is realized those that have been deceived can repent and turn towards God for direction.

Georges said:
Solo said:
as I pointed out....
As the scripture points out that beside JEHOVAH, there is no other EL. That means that Immanuel (EL) is JEHOVAH. JESUS is Immanuel (EL) which means that JESUS is JEHOVAH. It doesn't get much simpler than that, George.

Georges said:
Solo said:
and your lack of being born again has kept the Holy Spirit from dwelling within you, therefore you are blinded to the truth of scripture and you are a follower of the spirit of antichrist.
How do you keep dodging the mods? I mean really....You are schooled again and instead of "Gee, George you make some really good points, let me think about it", you go into that goofy antichrist rhetoric...I'd like to know why the mods are constantly slapping me with warnings and you get off scott free....
The Statement of Faith on this forum is that JESUS is JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY, and your stance that JESUS is NOT JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY is in direct conflict with this forum's Terms of Service and Statement of Faith. The staff of this forum are responsible for the entire membership, protecting them from heresy, false doctrines, false teachings against the tenets of faith that we adhere to. This forum believes that Jesus is God according to the scriptures regardless whether you or others believe it or not.

The LORD JESUS CHRIST has overcome the evil one, and by him we can overcome the lies and deceptions of the enemy. I have spent a little time teaching you about the truth of the deity of Jesus Christ, and how the enemy refutes this truth because he is out to seek to destroy whomever he can. All of us are drawn away of our own fleshly desires, and we trap ourselves when we do not walk in the Spirit. Those who have not been born of God, do not have the Spirit to walk in, and they continue to walk blindly into whatever slight of hand doctrine the devil feels they will fall for. Hopefully you will come to know the LORD JESUS CHRIST in his fullness. Until then you are submitting yourself to the doctrines of the spirit of antichrist. By the way, their are only two types of doctrines; the Doctrines of the Spirit of God, and the doctrines of the devil. Pray for your eyes to be opened to the truth of being born of God, and get out of the lies of the enemy.

Georges said:
Solo said:
Back atcha bro...... :)
I would be thrilled to be your brother in Christ. Your intellect and abilities would be used mightily for the Kingdom of God. Hopefully you will come to know the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ as taught in John 3.

Georges said:

Gee...that's a shame...you were doing so well....I thought you were going to post intelligently....How disappointed I am.... :sad

Again...as those in forumville are used to seeing...you begin to lose the debate and go into your little tirades.....Go ahead mods...hit me again and put some stank on it....letting Solo go on representing the forum in such a manner...tisk tisk........

Solo...drop the goofy spirit of the antichrist jargon and get back to posting verses...I'm looking forward to your verse postings....save the antichrist talk for your dog....

Did you read the whole OP? It is very important you read the President Bush / Congress example of Elohim...and understand that principle...

Your doctrine falls woefully short on scriptural support. Intellect is not the best tool to have in your bag of tricks. Your intellect will harbor bias against the truth when the flesh runs slipshod over your walk. If you have not the Spirit of God dwelling within you, then you are governed by the spirit of antichrist. There is the Spirit of God and the spirit of antichrist. I have chosen God through his Son Jesus Christ as the Spirit leads me. I know God the Father, his Son Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of God through the grace that He has bestowed upon me by drawing me to become a born again son of God.

Before the New Testament books were written, Jesus declares to the Jews that did not believe that he was God even though the scriptures testify of him, and Moses wrote about him.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? John 5:39-47

Solo said:
Georges said:
Solo said:
Georges,
I know exactly what you believe and you are deceived.
You have denied the context in which EL is used in reference to JEHOVAH and you have twisted the terms that you originally gave to fit an unfounded dogma which you have biased yourself in.

You really should get another set of reading glasses....obviously you didn't read the OP. I have used the context of EL correctely...EL is the head of the Elohim....it doesn't get any simpler than that Solo....Jehovah is the personal name of EL....it doesn't get any simpler than that Solo...there is no twisting....I took the strongs definitions and based on a study of the Hebrew understanding of "God", I put it forth that so even you could figure it out...you are just too jaded to realize it (no offense intended).

You have made the inference that JEHOVAH is not able to make clear his teaching about himself being the only EL and beside him is no other, and then use the name EL referring to His incarnation.

Not at all...I've never inferred anything like that...what you had just stated is a pathetic attempt to put words into my mouth and in doing so twist what you think I said to make my post uncredible..
What you keep failing to grasp is that Jehovah is speaking to a people who are very familiar with polytheism...These people (the Israelites) also consider the Elohim as being everything/anything etherial (angels, preincarnate Messiah, even Jehovah). Jehovah is saying he is the "only" Leader of everything...El is the head of the Elohim, his name is Jehovah.
How many more times or ways do I have to explain it until you get it? I guess as long as you post, I will try and straighten you out on that?
:) :)

Georges said:
Solo said:
It doesn't surprise me that you once again misinterpret the scripture with your antichristian rhetoric.

Explain to me again what is antiChristian about my interpretation. You posted..I rebutted...you tried to make an agruement that Jehovah was the Savior and Christ is the Savior, therefore Jehovah must be Christ...and I very easily pointed out to you how it is possible to have Jehovah the Savior and Christ the Savior without Christ being Jehovah...What part is antiChristian? Certainly the apostles must have been antiChristian as well using your criteria...

To deny the deity of Jesus Christ, and the coming of JEHOVAH in the flesh is the spirit of antichrist.

uh huh......Book of Solo Chapter 2:2? Jesus is the Memra of Jehovah come in the flesh...Point me to the chapter and verse where denying the deity of Christ is antichrist. I don't deny that Jesus is the Messiah, the memra of Jehovah come in the flesh...that's the spirit of antichrist?

Real Jews that taught the scriptures knew that Jesus was claiming to be God when he spoke of being the Son of God.

Common Solo....you should know the difference between God and god...the whole context of the verses you quote below explain that...in context..."as Jesus futher states", "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"....notice the small "g"? Jesus is including himself in that context...

They also did not understand in their flesh the makeup of God Almighty, and His being JEHOVAH in heaven and on earth in the personhood of Father and Son.

Yeh...I guess they didn't understand it....after all they were just stupid, blind, ignorant subhumans who cilled Christ right? Big C on cilled.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. John 10:24-38

Isaiah doesn't jump from one meaning to the next meaning as you do.

You are right he doesn't.....he penned the verse from a Hebraic perspective. It is Pauline Christianity (trinitarian) that caused the misconception to which you are a victim, not me....

Isaiah stays right in line in his prophetic proclamation as inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Yes he does...absolutely...

Jehovah is EL as you have said, and Isaiah calls Jesus EL as well.

Context and definiton my freind...

Jehovah is the Saviour, and Jesus is the Saviour.

Therefore Jesus is Jehovah....it doesn't work that way....let me give you an example that may help here...

Jhn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Jhn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Jhn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Using your logic...Jesus is one with God...meaning he is God. That would mean that believers are God because they are "one" with him.

As you can see, believers are not God...but identify with God.

The same principle with the Isa verse...Context and definiton...As I presented in definiton, EL doesn't necessarily mean God, depending on the context of the verse and definitions available, it can mean godlike...

A misconception of context and the direction of meaning, as given Isaiah by the Holy Spirit recording that Jehovah declares that HE and HE alone is EL;

Context is important....if there was just one defintion Solo, you would be right...but there isn't just one definiton...

and that there is no other EL beside HIM, can occur when one is biased by another spirit other than the Holy Spirit.

As you constantly show... :)

JEHOVAH would not say that he alone was EL, and then turn around and call Jesus EL.

Context and definition...Solo...a good concept for you to grasp...

JEHOVAH and JESUS are one and the same.

Nope....and you haven't proven it...I on the other hand have given definition and explanation on why this isn't possible.

The scriptures tell us to determine which spirit we follow, whether the spirit of God or the spirit of antichrist.

Your losing again......back to the old shennigans...

Those that do not believe that Jesus is JEHOVAH God are following the spirit of antichrist.

That's a laugh....keep telling yourself that.....

When this fact is realized those that have been deceived can repent and turn towards God for direction.

I turn to Jehovah daily for direction....I repent of my sins...and believe that Jesus is the Messiah of Jehovah...

Georges said:
Solo said:
as I pointed out....
As the scripture points out that beside JEHOVAH, there is no other EL. That means that Immanuel (EL) is JEHOVAH. JESUS is Immanuel (EL) which means that JESUS is JEHOVAH. It doesn't get much simpler than that, George.

Georges said:
Solo said:
The Statement of Faith on this forum is that JESUS is JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY, and your stance that JESUS is NOT JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY is in direct conflict with this forum's Terms of Service and Statement of Faith.

Really....? The TOS says that Jesus is Jehovah? or, does it say that Jesus is God? Mods...does the TOS say that Jesus is Jehovah? or, does it state that Jesus is God? and what is the definition of God? Which one of the TOS definitions for "Theos" are they officially endorsing?

The staff of this forum are responsible for the entire membership, protecting them from heresy, false doctrines, false teachings against the tenets of faith that we adhere to. This forum believes that Jesus is God according to the scriptures regardless whether you or others believe it or not.

Which is it Solo, Jesus is Jehovah, or Jesus is God?

The LORD JESUS CHRIST has overcome the evil one, and by him we can overcome the lies and deceptions of the enemy.

Not quite yet...that happens at the end of Revelation...Chap 19 in fact.

I have spent a little time teaching you about the truth of the deity of Jesus Christ, and how the enemy refutes this truth because he is out to seek to destroy whomever he can.

You haven't taught anything except how not to teach anything...if you call that teaching, your style leaves alot to be disired...cause you have lost just about every debate you've had...with all due respect of course..

All of us are drawn away of our own fleshly desires, and we trap ourselves when we do not walk in the Spirit.

Uh huh....agreed...looked in the mirror lately?

Those who have not been born of God, do not have the Spirit to walk in, and they continue to walk blindly into whatever slight of hand doctrine the devil feels they will fall for.

Uh huh agreed...looked in the mirror lately?

Hopefully you will come to know the LORD JESUS CHRIST in his fullness.

Hopefully, you will as well..

Until then you are submitting yourself to the doctrines of the spirit of antichrist. By the way, their are only two types of doctrines; the Doctrines of the Spirit of God, and the doctrines of the devil.

Agreed....

Pray for your eyes to be opened to the truth of being born of God, and get out of the lies of the enemy.

Same to you....

Georges said:
Solo said:
Back atcha bro...... :)
I would be thrilled to be your brother in Christ.

And I as well with you...

Your intellect and abilities would be used mightily for the Kingdom of God. Hopefully you will come to know the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ as taught in John 3.

And Solo, I think your stubborness (not a bad word) will be an asset when you switch... :) I'm going to keep chipping away, the switch will come on and you will be as adamate on my side of the arguement....I pity the poor fool (as Mr. T would say) who comes up against you that day... :-D

Georges said:

Your doctrine falls woefully short on scriptural support.

Actually not, it supports it most strongly....in fact the best explanation, why? because it works everywhere in scripture....

Intellect is not the best tool to have in your bag of tricks.

God gives intellect to figure his word out...to some it might appear as a bag of tricks I suppose....

Your intellect will harbor bias against the truth when the flesh runs slipshod over your walk.

If I were in a mean mood I would say "and lack of intellect will harbor bias" but will refrain from the tempation :biggrin .

If you have not the Spirit of God dwelling within you, then you are governed by the spirit of antichrist.

Agreed....

There is the Spirit of God and the spirit of antichrist. I have chosen God through his Son Jesus Christ as the Spirit leads me.

You mean Jehovah, through his son Jehovah, as the Spirit who is also Jehovah?

I know God the Father, his Son Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of God through the grace that He has bestowed upon me by drawing me to become a born again son of God.

Before the New Testament books were written, Jesus declares to the Jews that did not believe that he was God even though the scriptures testify of him, and Moses wrote about him.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? John 5:39-47

Jeez Solo, Moses wrote of God, and he wrote of the Messiah...that in no way means they are the same person....

Better.....a little less ac talk though...it make you appear to be way too self righteous....

Georges,
It is clear that you will never accept the truth no matter how plain the scripture is refuting your position. Perhaps one day you will. Until then, giving you any information concerning the truth is a waste of time. I will continue to refute your heresies and your false teachings, however. Continue in your little world of unbelief, but should you become born of God, give me a holler. I'll drive to Dallas and have a cup of coffee with you.
Michael

PS The words I speak concerning the spirit of antichrist are scriptural and your position is of the spirit of antichrist, whether you believe it or not; the scriptures do not lie.

Solo said:

Georges,
It is clear that you will never accept the truth no matter how plain the scripture is refuting your position. Perhaps one day you will. Until then, giving you any information concerning the truth is a waste of time. I will continue to refute your heresies and your false teachings, however. Continue in your little world of unbelief, but should you become born of God, give me a holler. I'll drive to Dallas and have a cup of coffee with you.
Michael

PS The words I speak concerning the spirit of antichrist are scriptural and your position is of the spirit of antichrist, whether you believe it or not; the scriptures do not lie.

You come through Dallas and I'll be the one buying the coffee..."born of God" as you put it, or not.... :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back