Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study For you were once darkness

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shared Love

U1M9Kn2.jpg
For you were once darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), but rather exposethem.For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. (Eph 5:8-13)

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders,drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5:19)

But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.Therefore do not be partakers with them. (Eph 5:3-7)

But these are the fruits of the knowledge of good and evil.
For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! (2 Tim 3:1-5)

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
We covet to have, houses, cars, gadgets, better jobs, more income, holidays, pension, medical, security – selfish lusts. The darkness in us does not comprehend the Light of Jesus. We prefer our fleshly security found in our job, our properties, our own provision and we spend our lives gathering more. We love darkness more than the light. We therefore love the work of our hands and worship it as an idol. We bow our knees to satan. God have mercy on us.

Even though we know God, we choose to seek after fleshly blessings, as spiritual beings, yet fornicating with the flesh! With our mouth we proclaim Christ’s death, but our deeds speak of self-seeking, putting my needs and desires first.

God is light and in Him is no darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. (1Jhn 1:6-8)

And the light shines in the darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), and the darkness did not comprehend it. (Jhn 1:5)

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (Jhn 3:19)

If we have been crucified with Christ, why do we still live for ourselves? Seeking our own benefit? Seeking to satisfy our sinful nature?
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe (
2 Cor 4:4)

But if the ministry of death (law) written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious. (2 Cor 3:7-11)

The wise man’s eyes are in his head, But the fool walks in darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) (Ecc 2:14)

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (Isa 5:20)

Who has formed the darkness and created the destroyer?
I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.’ (Isa 45:7)

“Behold, I have created the blacksmith
Who blows the coals in the fire
Who brings forth an instrument for his work;
And I have created the spoiler to destroy
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord. (Isai 54:16-17)

“Who among you fears the Lord? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) And has no light?

Let him trust in the name of the Lord And rely upon his God. (Isa 50:10)

He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), And light dwells with Him. (Dan 2:22)

Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, ...

Last edited by a moderator:
U1M9Kn2.jpg
For you were once darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), but rather exposethem.For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. (Eph 5:8-13)

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders,drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5:19)

But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.Therefore do not be partakers with them. (Eph 5:3-7)

But these are the fruits of the knowledge of good and evil.
For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! (2 Tim 3:1-5)

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
We covet to have, houses, cars, gadgets, better jobs, more income, holidays, pension, medical, security – selfish lusts. The darkness in us does not comprehend the Light of Jesus. We prefer our fleshly security found in our job, our properties, our own provision and we spend our lives gathering more. We love darkness more than the light. We therefore love the work of our hands and worship it as an idol. We bow our knees to satan. God have mercy on us.

Even though we know God, we choose to seek after fleshly blessings, as spiritual beings, yet fornicating with the flesh! With our mouth we proclaim Christ’s death, but our deeds speak of self-seeking, putting my needs and desires first.

God is light and in Him is no darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. (1Jhn 1:6-8)

And the light shines in the darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking), and the darkness did not comprehend it. (Jhn 1:5)

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (Jhn 3:19)

If we have been crucified with Christ, why do we still live for ourselves? Seeking our own benefit? Seeking to satisfy our sinful nature?
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe (
2 Cor 4:4)

But if the ministry of death (law) written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious. (2 Cor 3:7-11)

The wise man’s eyes are in his head, But the fool walks in darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) (Ecc 2:14)

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (Isa 5:20)

Who has formed the darkness and created the destroyer?
I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.’ (Isa 45:7)

“Behold, I have created the blacksmith
Who blows the coals in the fire
Who brings forth an instrument for his work;
And I have created the spoiler to destroy
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord. (Isai 54:16-17)

“Who among you fears the Lord? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness (works of the flesh, sinful nature, lust, evil, pride, self seeking) And has no light?

Let him trust in the name of the Lord And rely upon his God. (Isa 50:10)

, ...
:goodpost
And a welcome to our site..

Back