Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Forgiveness of the Father VS Forgiveness of the Son

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
O

ourfamily1

Forgiveness of the Father VS Forgiveness of the Son

All the children of God are REQUIRED TO FORGIVE ALL for whatever trespasses they committed while in this life. That is a MAJOR PART OF OUR PERFECTION. Jesus did not mince words when he told us about this. He told us WITH EMPHASIS! Here it is:

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 18:28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed Him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took [him] by the throat, saying, Pay methat thou owest. 29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. 32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

As you can see FORGIVING ALL the children God created in all generations their trespasses IS REQUIRED ….. and it MUST BE FROM THE HEART!

To be “ONE†with the Father means to AGREE AS ONE MIND!

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the
Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are
one.8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 9 If we receive the witness of men,
the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. 10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

John 17:19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Oneness means to AGREE AS ONE with the Father. It is not the action of the “elder son†to DISAGREE WITH THE FATHER and hold grudges against his brother because of sin. Those who cannot forgive others have a MENTAL FLAW that prevents them from becoming “one†with the Father and the Son. It also prevents them from being part of the NEW COVENANT! The New Covenant is the following:

Jeremiah 31:31. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: 33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Ezekiel 20:33. As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you: 34. And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out. 35. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face. 36. Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God. 37. And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

Ezekiel 36:25. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be My people, and I will be your God.

Those who have not forgiven all men their trespasses are not part of the NEW COVENANT. And they are contrary to the will of God and oppose Him. The “elder son “ in the parable of the prodigal son was not “one†with God because he DISAGREED WITH GOD. Now let us compare and contrast the forgiveness of the Father and the Son.

Forgiveness of the Son

Jesus was a “pattern son†and the role-model for us the children. As he was in this life, Father desires that his disciples should conduct themselves in the same manner. Jesus taught us to forgive those who trespass against us and we ask that in “the Lord’s prayerâ€Â. The model of forgiveness of the Son is the account of the woman caught in the act of adultery, John 8:3-11. Observe that the religious clergy of that day condemned this woman according to existing law at that time. They were ready to kill her for her behavior. Since Jesus was God’s New Covenant walking in the flesh, he showed us the NEW WAY of conduct which must guide our behavior.

Isaiah 49:6. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. 7. Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee. 8. Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; 9. That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.

For all sinners whether they are caught in the very act or sneaking in secret and committing sins, we must do what Jesus did. He did not mention the crimes she did, but said, “Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no moreâ€Â. In his statement there is an acknowledgment of sin. We can forgive men and we do not have to mention any wrong they have done. This is following the Son to the letter. We must be this way toward all men in all generations … and our forgiveness must be from the heart.

Forgiveness of the Father

The Father is the ultimate role-model for the children. “Oneness†means we have His mental likeness and agree with Him (“elder sons†are self excluded)! Father’s New Covenant includes “I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no moreâ€Â.

Isaiah 43:25. I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. 26. Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

Ezekiel 18:22. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. (And if he has none to show, I will give him “righteousness as a free giftâ€Â, Romans 5:15-18).

Father forgives all sin. He does not mention alleged trespasses to the child in question. In the case of the prodigal son, the Father never mentioned anything about the sins the younger brother had done. The elder son was making all the charges. The Father simply said: “For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merryâ€Â, Luke 15:24.

The Father has greater power than the Son. His PLAN TO ERASE SIN is to wash the mind of power to remember sin. Call it a white-wash if you like, but Father will cause us to forget that anything like an earth exercise with evil ever happened. Psychiatrists might call it blanket amnesia for the entire Family. Since He will remember our sins no more, we also will not be able to recall any of it. That is the fullness of “oneness†with Him. Memory of sin, devils, and a place called the earth will be as though it never happened at all.

Isaiah 54:4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more. 5. For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. 6. For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. 7. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

Isaiah 65:16. That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. 17. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Revelation 21:4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

The forgiveness of the Son is what we must strive to achieve. Since we live in the flesh we do not have the power to self-remove our memories of evil. But like Jesus even if we know what men have done, we do not have to mention their trespasses to them nor should we condemn men. We can ask Father to forgive them and caution men to mend their ways in a non-accusing fashion. In contrast the Father has power to totally wash away the memory of sin from everyone’s mind. You can call it a white-wash of the mind or causing blanket amnesia. THAT IS THE PLAN! Forgiving sin and forgetting it will not be left to anyone’s discretion and to chance. This is the FINAL WORK God will do to PERFECT His entire household. All things will be made new, and this time and this war with devils will go into complete oblivion!

John,
ourfamily1gn :wink: :tongue :biggrin :lol:

I would have read more than the first six paragraphs of your post if there weren't more than six paragraphs. Oh, wait. No. No, I wouldn't have... :-D If you want to get more feedback you might try shortening it. I might have read more of it if it wasn't on the week, but here's my own take on forgiveness:

Exodus 34:7

Oh, wait. That was God's take on forgiveness. Sorry. 8-)

Hint: I'm not trolling or being sarcastic with that verse. If you think I am, then study it well.

Back