Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Forgiveness

Candice

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

The bibles speaks a lot about God's forgiveness to his children and as born again believers we are redeemed with his blood (Eph 1:7). It also talks about giving an account of ourselves to God on judgement day (Rom 14:10-12).

My questions are:

When a person gives his life to Christ and his sins are forgiven, is it that God remembers no more his sins and by God's grace that he is always forgiven once he repents and ask for it?

In giving account of oneself, is it that one would be accounting for sins or deeds? taking into consideration that deeds can be sinful.

Reason why I am asking this, I know as a human, I have this infinite list of deeds I may have to account for; and though I have repented and ask him for his forgiveness, I still live in fear that even though I live my life according to his will as much as possible, that when I stand before him, my sins will be the reason I am not called into his embrace. But maybe because I am not spiritually mature the devil is planting this doubt in my mind.

Your thoughts and some reassurance will be good thanks and stay Blessed.

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

The bibles speaks a lot about God's forgiveness to his children and as born again believers we are redeemed with his blood (Eph 1:7). It also talks about giving an account of ourselves to God on judgement day (Rom 14:10-12).

My questions are:

When a person gives his life to Christ and his sins are forgiven, is it that God remembers no more his sins and by God's grace that he is always forgiven once he repents and ask for it?

In giving account of oneself, is it that one would be accounting for sins or deeds? taking into consideration that deeds can be sinful.

Reason why I am asking this, I know as a human, I have this infinite list of deeds I may have to account for; and though I have repented and ask him for his forgiveness, I still live in fear that even though I live my life according to his will as much as possible, that when I stand before him, my sins will be the reason I am not called into his embrace. But maybe because I am not spiritually mature the devil is planting this doubt in my mind.

Your thoughts and some reassurance will be good thanks and stay Blessed.

Candice:

1 John 1.7 is in the present continuous tense: for the believer, the blood of Jesus Christ continuously cleanses him or her from all sin. The whole of John's First Epistle, in fact, was specifically written to increase the believer's assurance (1 John 5.13).

(Nowhere does the Bible teach that we can be saved one moment and lost the next.)

Blessings.

I have this infinite list of deeds I may have to account for; and though I have repented and ask him for his forgiveness, I still live in fear that even though I live my life according to his will as much as possible

Many, many Christians had countless, infinite, sins that needed to be atoned for at the cross of our Lord. He paid the price for every single one of your sins, deeds.
If you "miss the mark" of perfection, just tell Him about it (yes He already knows) but He wants you to talk if over with Him. Repent, means to change your mind about what you have done and agree with God that you need to do it His way. He will help you.
Just keep knowing He loves you and so you can trust Him with your life and just keep going. Don't look back at what's behind just keep moving forward. You'll be just fine, with Him.
You are forgiven, He said so, and He doesn't lie.

Hi Dear Sister Candice, and I sure hope the pamphlet (Salvation with Security) I wrote at the following link in two parts, #1 and #2 replies will give you the spiritual assurance of what Christ did for you, and your place with Him for eternity. God bless you in Jesus' name. :wave

http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=45800

Back