Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

former views

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

wavy

1. How Did Christ Fulfill The Law? (under revision)
    [/*:m:c138a]
  2. Holy Cow! Only Clean Foods For Believers
  3. Colossians - Let No Man Judge You (under revision)
  4. Who Are The Elect?
  5. The Verse That Annihilates All Rapture Theology
  6. Who Is The Multitude In The 7th Chapter Of Revelation?
  7. A Change Of The Law? Another Priesthood?
  8. The Gentiles Of The New Testament (request by email: savemeOYah@aol.com)
  9. Why I Believe A Saturday Sabbath Is Error
  10. The Nazarenes: The First Followers Of Christ
  11. Things Your Pastor Never Told You (compliments of my friend Mishkan)
  12. Jn 5:18 Accusers Refuted (Christ Never Broke Or Advocated The Breaking Of Torah)
  13. The 14th Chapter Of Romans: Who Is The Weak Brother?(compliments of my friend Eliyah)
  14. One New Man: A Messianic Perspective On The 2nd Chapter Of Ephesians (compliments of my friend Mishkan)
  15. Does A Separate Entity Called The "Church" Exist? My Answer To Such A Teaching
  16. Early Christian Writings (a site with many early Christian letters from the 1st century and beyond)
  17. English Translation Of The Septuagint Online
  18. Can You Answer These Contradictions Concerning Paul And The Law?
  19. Cast Out The Bondwoman And Her Son!
  20. When Satan Was Created - Book of Jasher Part 1
  21. How And Why Cain Killed Abel - Book of Jasher Part 2
  22. The Pharisaic Teachings Of Christ
  23. New Covenant
  24. Are You In His House?[/*:m:c138a]

Enjoy! Peace and much love.

Specifically, observing the law (I do not now believe in keeping the law according to the old covenant system). The catalyst? Being honest with my convictions and simple, unbiased study.

wavy said:
Specifically, observing the law (I do not now believe in keeping the law according to the old covenant system). The catalyst? Being honest with my convictions and simple, unbiased study.
That is amazing because most have a problem getting over their biases, and being honest in the study of the Scripture.

Great news. What do you believe concerning salvation and being born again?

Solo said:
That is amazing because most have a problem getting over their biases, and being honest in the study of the Scripture.

Great news. What do you believe concerning salvation and being born again?

I believe salvation is alone given according to faith in the Messiah, and that when an eager and honest trust in God is imminent, the life of the believer will change as guided by the Holy Spirit.

wavy said:
I believe salvation is alone given according to faith in the Messiah, and that when an eager and honest trust in God is imminent, the life of the believer will change as guided by the Holy Spirit.
I believe you have the name of that tune. What action if any does the Holy Spirit have in the salvation process, and do you believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within the believer until the day of redemption?

Solo said:
I believe you have the name of that tune. What action if any does the Holy Spirit have in the salvation process, and do you believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within the believer until the day of redemption?

The Holy Spirit conforms our nature (and thus our thoughts, intents, and actions) to the nature of God (2 Peter 1:4). And yes, God has promised us that his Spirit will forever be with us.

wavy said:
The Holy Spirit conforms our nature (and thus our thoughts, intents, and actions) to the nature of God (2 Peter 1:4). And yes, God has promised us that his Spirit will forever be with us.
Do you believe that God draws unbelievers to Himself through Jesus Christ by the quickening of the Holy Spirit?

Solo said:
Do you believe that God draws unbelievers to Himself through Jesus Christ by the quickening of the Holy Spirit?

By the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

John 16:7"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
8"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;
9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Unbelievers are convicted.

wavy said:

John 16:7"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
8"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

Amen. Thanks.

wavy said:

Unbelievers in what?
:smt102

View topic--former views

Here are a couple of interesting scriptures:

John 6:44, RSV, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 12:32,33 "...and I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself. He said this to show what death he was to die."

wavy,

Let me offer that your conversion goes to show that if one keeps their minds and hearts OPEN, then they ARE able to receive the Holy Spirit. It's when we choose to 'close' our minds and hearts that we CEASE to learn of God's will.

I find it utterly miraculous when witnessing such changes. You and I have had numerous 'run-ins' conderning this subject of 'law' and that you have 'come to the TRUTH' is enough to deserve a 'celibration' of sorts.

So, I take it that you have come to the understanding that Christ fulfilled the 'law' and NO MATTER how hard you try to 'live up to it' IT IS IMPOSSIBLE and wouldn't 'change anything' even if you could.

The gift that has been offered has NOTHING to do with the 'law' but GRACE.

Amen, my brother.

MEC

Wavy
Great news !!!
Now we just need IMAJIC, UNREAD AND Bick to become born again :wink:

wavy said:

:biggrin Good one wavy!

wavy said:

:smt023 So are you now without law now or was the law a schoolmaster to bring you to Christ to learn righteousness from him?

Brothers, as our Apostle and teacher, Paul, instructs us,

We are new creations in Christ Jesus:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone , the new has come!" 2 Cor. 5:17 NIV

"Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation." Gal. 6:14 NIV

We are "saints"....set apart ones for the glory of God. See the inroduction of most of Paul's epistles.

Jesus told Nicodemus that, as a leader of Israel, "ye" plural must be born again (from above--literal); That is, the nation of Israel, to see the kingdom, that which is the hope of Israel, the Messianic reign on earth.

Bick

Back