Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Formula for Luvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Who Me

If you thourght my other post was cold try this mans reciepe for finding love and marriage.

Step one: Calibration
That means meeting as many suitable partners as possible.
Step two: Evaluation
You have to be ruthless," he insists. "If you are not highly confident that that person is a person you can be successfully married to… you have to get rid of them."

"When you find someone better than the best person in the calibration period, you marry them. And if you haven't found anyone by the end, you marry the last person."

Read the article as this is only a flaviour of his method.

I'll make one comment.

It is a much, much, much better method than marrying because one is in 'luv'.

After I met my husband...... The thought of life without him just seemed bland, colorless, and I didn't want to think of life without him. :) Still wouldn't!! :biggrin I'd rather be with him and silent, than without him. I miss him when he's gone.

If you thourght my other post was cold try this mans reciepe for finding love and marriage.

Step one: Calibration
That means meeting as many suitable partners as possible.
Step two: Evaluation
You have to be ruthless," he insists. "If you are not highly confident that that person is a person you can be successfully married to… you have to get rid of them."

"When you find someone better than the best person in the calibration period, you marry them. And if you haven't found anyone by the end, you marry the last person."

Read the article as this is only a flaviour of his method.

I'll make one comment.

It is a much, much, much better method than marrying because one is in 'luv'.

Brother, that guy is nuts. I think it was the pink pants that convinced me, lol. If not then this had a part to play in it...

You start off by "calibrating" your choice. That means meeting as many suitable partners as possible..../

That he found a wife like that isn't a big feat, women are everywhere. The problem lies in his approach. When you go out in search of a woman you will not find the marrying type of woman like that. (Bt that's ok, let's just get a bunch or women on the list...) so in short order you will have so much drama in your life that you'll be looking for a way out.

Every single time that I met a woman which was the marrying type, it was by accident. When I wasn't looking for a woman. Every time. Anybody who follows this man's advice will likely be on The Maury Show.

Would you want to be unequally yoked? Would you want to be outside the will of God? I'm guessing no. So be patient and rest in the Lord and if He sees fit to bless you with a wife, then, you wont be able to stop it from happening. She will appear one day when you are not looking for women, and the encounter will hit you like a bolt of Lightning.

Would you want to be unequally yoked? Would you want to be outside the will of God?
What you are doing is nothing more than a variant of what this guy is saying.

A Christian looking for a partner has a list. They must be a Christian, they must be working, they will have a set of personal preferences about appearance.

Following these sort of guide lines is far better then marrying just because one thinks they are in love.

So I think there's a lot of value to parts of BOTH approaches. Yes - rely on God and your godly community to facilitate meeting people but ALSO have a VERY clear idea on what is simply not meeting the basic minimum requirements - like faith for example.
Me personally, I'm TOTALLY down with this guys jam. I'm ready to swiftly eliminate people with a proverbial axe from the list of potentials... I'm simply no longer ok with someone who JUST believes in Christ. He needs to be a POWERHOUSE of a Man of God to be with me. Like, I'm simply not ok with anything less than a guy who pursues God with at absolute minimum the same zeal and fervour that I do. Preferably with more. I want a partner who PUSHES me to greater levels of relationship with God by simply being himself the way God made him to be, and by being in a deep and consistent relationship with the Father and leading from that place. I want a man in my life who I can trust to lead us because I KNOW he's led by the Holy Spirit.
So any dinner date or conversation in the early days that doesn't instantly reveal his true heart to completely wildly deeply in love with the Lord... well, I'm moving on (Yes - I would know because what is written on one's heart ALWAYS falls out of one's mouth :biggrin ).
I let a man and a relationship come between me and My Lord once, and I will happily stay single for the rest of my life in order to avoid making that mistake again.

This is a wreaking machine. Marrying anyone we can get shows no value in ourselves, it shows the other person is not important in emotional senses. It also shows that we are not using faith, to go after what we want. This kind of relationships are doomed to failure or at best friends zone.

This is a wreaking machine. Marrying anyone we can get shows no value in ourselves, it shows the other person is not important in emotional senses. It also shows that we are not using faith, to go after what we want. This kind of relationships are doomed to failure or at best friends zone.

The suggested system is very impersonal, but

In that if one is using it, one is seriously examining and dscussing mariage and the responsibilities in it for both parties.

Compare it to what is currently advocated by the media, of marrying because they look good or make you feel good.

There is no thought in such a method.

The suggested system is very impersonal, but

In that if one is using it, one is seriously examining and dscussing mariage and the responsibilities in it for both parties.

Compare it to what is currently advocated by the media, of marrying because they look good or make you feel good.

There is no thought in such a method.

Both of you guys are correct. Or so it seems to me.

I think the really important thing is to ensure that anyone one is courting is a Christian.
That is not someione who just goes to church, but someone who actually lives it.

Back