Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Free will

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Dear friends, Why do some Calvinists deny that people have free will?
But not all Calvinist. There is a division (schism) among Calvinists themselves. The Calvinist Westminster Confession of Faith (WCF) affirms that people have free will. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

The Freewill of men is a Myth.. God's will controls all wills eph 1:

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

No one's will is free from His, that is God..

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

then there is no point

anyone can do anything and it would be justified

God is in control

but doesn't take away our free will

Is it God's will that I be picking my nose right now?

Or dy'a think maybe that scripture is non-arbitrary?

IMO it's not so much free will that's the problem, but rather the Calvinistic teaching that men are totally depraved.. but does the bible teach that a man is totally depraved after the fall ?

After Adam disobeyed the LORD's commandment (the man was not deceived), he and Eve hid from God when they heard His voice... it's not that they couldn't hear it... but rather they DID hear it and that made them afraid because they knew that they were in disobedience... God calls to Adam (and this is just as living and powerful today as it was in Adam's day) and Adam understands exactly what the Lord is saying to him and to his wife, the mother of all living and to whom God made coverings...

I believe that Gen 3 is just as living and powerful today and that God does call to Adam... for He is that true light which lighteth every man that comes into the world.

Fallen men today can hear the voice of God when He calls, they can understand it.. and they can either obey the Lord or continue in their disobedience... the first chapters of the bible affirm this very thing in a living and powerful way.

Is it God's will that I be picking my nose right now?

Or dy'a think maybe that scripture is non-arbitrary?

This is what I think:

1:

Men may think they are doing their freewill, but in actuality, God's will is being done ! His will is Supreme..

Dan 4:

35And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

How can nothing have a freewill ?

Things are governed according to His will, not some mythlogical freewill of men whom He reputes as nothing..

From the first book to the last book in the bible the message from God to man is,CHOSE YOU THIS DAY WHO YOU WILL SERVE. God's will is being done in the sense that God has given man the ability to chose and has placed before him choices, the rest depends entirely on what the individual choses.

From the first book to the last book in the bible the message from God to man is,CHOSE YOU THIS DAY WHO YOU WILL SERVE. God's will is being done in the sense that God has given man the ability to chose and has placed before him choices, the rest depends entirely on what the individual choses.

I did not say men cannot choose, but what I stated with scripture evidence is this: eph 1

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things[mans will is included] after the counsel of his own will:

So man's will is not free from doing God's will, His counsel..

I did not say men cannot choose, but what I stated with scripture evidence is this: eph 1

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things[mans will is included] after the counsel of his own will:

Your scripture is correct but your conclusion is not.

Your scripture is correct but your conclusion is not.

Here is my conclsion:

eph 1

Back