Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] From The Voice of the Martyrs

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Dear Pray-ers,

"I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High. When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence. For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right. "(Psalm 9:1-4)

From The Voice of the Martyrs

RUSSIA Church Risks Losing Property and Pastor Could Face Imprisonment - VOM Sources

On May 31, 2007, a pastor in Russia was warned to leave the area where he is ministering, after authorities threatened they would confiscate his church property.

According to The Voice of the Martyrs' contacts, the church has not violated any laws, but authorities have decided to start a criminal case against them, and have threatened the pastor with imprisonment. Authorities have interrogated members of the church and threatened to take away their children. A hearing in court is scheduled for June 6, 2007.

Pray for this pastor and church members. Ask God to protect them and for a favorable outcome at the hearing. Psalm 68:29

29 Because of your temple at Jerusalem
kings will bring you gifts.

Psalm 91:1-6

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

AZERBAIJAN Arrested Baptist Pastor to Face Three Years in Prison - Forum 18 News

Police have told members of the Baptist church in the remote village of Aliabad in north-western Azerbaijan that their pastor, Zau Balaev, is to face a criminal charge of "resisting government representatives," which carries a maximum three-year prison term. The authorities claim the pastor set a dog onto police who raided the church's Sunday service on May 20, 2007.

According to Ilya Zenchenko, the head of the Baptist Union, the region around Aliabad is the worst in Azerbaijan for Baptists. "It is a place where officials insult our believers, won't allow them to gain legal status and deny birth certificates to their children," Zenchenko said.

Pray for this pastor and his family. Ask God to protect them and other Christians in Azerbaijan. Pray God uses their testimony to draw non-believers into fellowship with Him. Psalm 32:7

You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah

Psalm 91:7-10

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwellingâ€â€
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

INDIA Missionary Threatened with Death - Gospel for Asia

Anti-Christian extremists in Utter Pradesh have threatened to kill Gospel for Asia missionary Daya Marandi, if he does not leave the area where he is ministering.

The extremists have also made threats to harm more than 50 people who worship in Daya's church and are demanding believers in the church denounce Christianity.

Pray for Pastor Daya, his family and believers in India who are facing escalating persecution. Pray God encourages them to stand steadfast in their faith despite the challenges they face. Romans 5:1-5

Peace and Joy

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
4perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Psalm 91:10-14

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Click for Printer-Friendly Prayers

http://www.persecution.com

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back